Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: What in Hell are you promoting???
5/15/2008 12:27:12 AM
HI Ken;

I have to agree with you on this one.  I am so ready to block a lot of the people that I have as friends who keep sending me all these invites for just this type of hype.  I have had no less than 3 different ones from one person in the last 3 weeks.  He seems to change programs like you would change your socks.  All the ones I get with " Just started 10 minutes ago. Get in early" will be deleted and sender blocked. 

Keep up the good work.

Sandra Hicks
Feel young inside and out. Frequency enhanced products. Check them out at http://livelifeanew.zeropointglobal.com
+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2008 12:57:19 AM

+0
5/15/2008 1:17:49 AM

Wow...someone on Adland Pro that is intelligent! I'm shocked!

Good post Ken...I thought I was the only here who understood a legal and legitimate network marketing opportunity versus a "money game" or illegal program.

In addition to the few that you mentioned, you can also throw in most of the Internet related opportunities, especially those with a matrix plan, where you commonly see verbiage like "No sponsoring and you can still make money," "Don't do anything and make thousands," "No selling, no sponsoring, etc., and you can still get paid," etc., etc., etc.

What many here evidently also don't realize is that while your program may be legitimiate, when you use phrases like those above, it now means your program is subject to regulatory scrutiny as regulators consider programs to be pyramids when there is no selling, no sponsoring, and no ongoing activity being conducted by you as a justification to receive commissions and bonuses..

Another phrase I'm seeing by a few people now is "guaranteed income" which anyone who is knowledgeable and experienced in our industry knows is a real no-no...

The problem is that most people just copy and paste the ad they responded to when they signed up and start using it, assuming the ad must be ok, and they sign up in programs and erroneously think, "well the program hasn't been shut down, so it must be ok or legal."

Wrong!

In addition, if the vast majority of sales of whatever it is that is being promoted are being made to distributors (business participants), your program is also going to be in trouble as regulators like to see quite the opposite, sales being made to NON business participants. The same holds true if the vast majority of your income is coming from revenue generated through business participants and not non-business participants. Regulators like to see a 3 to 1 customer to distributor ratio...

Frankly, very few of the programs I see promoted here on Adland would pass regulatory scrutiny as many appear to be nothing more than $10 a month deals, internet deals of various types marketing something that has no legitimate value to non-business participants, pay it forwards, cash gifting deals, etc...

In addition, there seem to be a lot of "new deals" promoted here, and if you're interested in putting the odds of success in your favor, start ups wouldn't be at the top of the list as 99% of them fail within their first 2-3 years...

Is it any wonder that 97% of people in our industry fail? I'm not surprised...

+0
5/15/2008 1:23:45 AM
Thank you for your post Ken. It must a Ken thing. LOL.

And you are right in what you stated.

Kenneth R Sword Jr

+0
Mary Mortimer

41 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/15/2008 1:21:29 PM
Hi Ken,

You are so right. It's why I have just kind of faded away for a while, until I built my website [website name] around the few legal opportunities I am sure of. It is an on going problem though, that a lot of people are caught up in. I get offers all the time for them here, and from other places as well. I feel sorry for them. Because when things start crashing for them, it isn't going to be fun, or funny for sure.
Mary Mortimer Be sweet and visit my store and check out some of the great dvd's that are offered at http://astore.amazon.com/maryjoswebpag-20 Also are you looking, please do me a search at http://www.searchme2.ws
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!