Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Why Are You Thankful for Your Mother?
5/11/2008 1:56:54 PM

Hi LaNell, hope you are having a super sunday on this mother's day. Thanks so much for stopping by!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2008 2:06:25 PM

Hi Robin, thanks for stopping by. No, those were written by someone else, but the words were special! Here's another one I just discovered:

PRETTIEST MOM

Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby. 
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.

--Author Unknown--

+0
Beryl Payton

2592 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2008 2:39:31 PM

Hi James,

I would like to remember a dear lady and great influence in my life, my grandmother.  Although she is walking around in a greater place now with her sight back, she is missed.  But will always remain deep in my heart.

Happy Mother's Day Grandma

I will miss spending the day with my mother today as I am at work.  However, I feel very blessed that at the age of 76 she is still with me.  My mother taught us at a very early age to always be true to ourselves.

My mom is a very quiet spoken woman, who will and does help anyone in need as much as she can.  My mother gave up a lot to make sure that the 7 of us remaining children were very well taken care of. 

I would just like to take this time to remember all she did for us, and to say THANK YOU MOM!!

Blessings,

Beryl

This Is The Healthy Lifestyle Feature-rich Information Website - Family Owned and Operated Vial Virtual Solutions Helping Business to Achieve Their Dreams
+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2008 3:16:00 PM

+0
some times it takes a little time to appreciate your mother
5/11/2008 7:59:02 PM
hello - I'm not saying my mother was bad,not its not like that, I just didn't know too much when I was a kid and I'm still learning all the time. You begin to understand what your mother went through to have you, when you see your own wife have your children, You begin to understand what your mother did for you when you watch woman take care of children and spouses- cleaning the house, making dinners, shopping, picking up the kids, taking care of them, reading to them, listening to them, When the kids get home who do they yell for, you guessed it - Mom! Who takes care of the elderly, who nurses most of the sick, who incourages fathers and boy friends to watch their manners, and pay more attention to details -- its the woman - Who takes care of the kids from infants to adult hood -its the mothers and woman - I've often said, if I had to pay my wife for all the things she does for me, I'd be going back ward financially and other wise - My wife, mother and other woman have made me a better man and husband and I know I have a long ways to go - yet - As our families become more and more important for our social improvement and survival - we will see that woman and wives played a major part in our betterment - and that will be for eternity! Roger L Martin 406-245-0675 mdt rogers10k@gmail.com skype - go4it06 http://www.wtpowers.com/rogers10k
GREAT LEADERS (EI. MENTORS) MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! BY INSPIRED ACTIONS AND ATTITUDE, THEY CAN DO GREAT THINGS FOR OTHERS! LEARN MORE ABOUT BEING YOUR BEST @ http://tobeyourbest.com/
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!