Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Yom HaShoah - Remembrance Day For The Holocaust and Heroism Is On 5/1/08
4/29/2008 3:40:45 PM

Thank you, Peter

It would do well for Jews to mention that it was not just Jews who lost their lives in that horrific event called the Holocaust.  It would also do well for them if they commemorated and paid tribute to these others, too.  What do you think?  I am a champion of the Jews and wish and pray great blessings for them and for Israel.

Helen

Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2008 3:41:59 PM

Hi Sharon,

You're so right. It is very important to know and teach about the histories of all the different nations and cultures.

I, am of the opinion that the Holocaust and the 2nd World War period is the history of us all.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2008 3:50:59 PM

Hello Helen,

Interesting point you made. During the Holocaust over 9,000,000 people were murdered. Six million were Jews. This is mentioned at all times. Yom HaShoah is also for them but as a people, individual, nation and religion we obviously remember our loved ones that perished during that period.

I invite you to read an article that I wrote on this subject and you'll see that we haven't forgotten any of the 9,000,000.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/965557.aspx

Thanks for dropping by.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2008 4:23:57 PM
Hello Peter!

Thank you for sharing part of your life and your experience. There are few things we know of what happened 1932-1945. Being also a surviver from another genocide I fully understand your feelings you.

In all wars they are trying to find an "excuse" for the reason they started  the War.  Hitler being self demi-Jew should be shamed for being responsible for the Jewish genocide. As far as I know Germans organized both the Armenian and Greek Genocide in Turkey.

You do right to bring Yom Ha Soah Remembrance day in here. Very soon I will bring in the Pontian Genocide too, and I wish the other nationalities who have genocides to do the same.

As you say WWII is history for all. I fear many of us did not get the message from the WWII and worse days are coming. I can see how naive friends are or as Germans say " Es ist mir egal".

To give them an icon of what happned to jews and ther nationalities in WWII I share this video clip (I do not recomend sensitive friends to watch) or harden you feelings and heart and tak a look.

I can not forget this picture.
Click above (SENSITIVE)

NO COMMENTS BUT UNDERSTANDING should be the message!
 The genocide was organized >>> A MADNESS oF MAN

I don't wish anyone to experience that again.

With all respect,
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2008 6:14:35 PM

Hello Georgios,

Thanks for your comments and you are so right. There are many amongst us that are naive and unaware of the dangers that surround us as we speak now all over the world.

I watched the video clip you shared with us and when it finished you'll never guess what popped up on the screen as a related video. To be perfectly honest I was shocked. "A Tribute To Adolph Hitler", with 15 comments praising and lauding him. There are deficiencies to freedom of speech and expression me thinks.

Thanks for sharing your views with us.

Shalom,

Peter 

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!