Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Yom HaShoah - Remembrance Day For The Holocaust and Heroism Is On 5/1/08
4/29/2008 8:18:46 PM

Hi Peter,

Sorry to be so late stopping by, however, I just wanted to say Thanks Once Again.

I always look forward to your Informative and often Inspirational posts.  You always give me something to remember.

These words were penned by a Lutheran Minister, back in 1945, and I always like to read them over again, whenever I feel that I may be becoming Complacent about what's going on in the World around me.

First they came for the Communists,
  and I didn’t speak up,
    because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
  and I didn’t speak up,
    because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
  and I didn’t speak up,
    because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
  and by that time there was no one
    left to speak up for me.

Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

If we don't remember our Past and learn it's Lessons well, how will we be prepared if it ever happens again in our Future.  Don't believe it can't happen.  Evil is always with us.

Have A Beautiful Day My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
4/30/2008 3:27:04 AM
Hello Peter,

Thank you for the Remembrance, The Holocaust must
never
be forgotten. I too lost family in the Holocaust, my heart goes out to all.  I find that making "Holocaust Claims Conference" part of the school curriculum is very important. When I was a child back in my Country we had to study and watch those films also,  it's almost more than a mind can conceive, the worst one of them all "Auschwitz" the death camp.
I'm afraid we are now facing even worse evil.
Thank you for remembering the 9,000,000 lost souls.

Shalom Peter,

God Bless Everyone
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2008 3:46:19 AM

Hello Phil,

Doesn't surprise me in the least that you brought such an apt expression of what was and what unfortunately still is a grave problem. Complacency!!!!! 

Complacency may actually be the root of all evil when you think about it. I liked very much what the Lutheran Minister said and wrote. It should be read by all of as a constant reminder to be aware and beware of the dangers lurking around us even now as you so rightly say. With your permission Ill repost here and elsewhere for all to see and READ.

First they came for the Communists,
  and I didn’t speak up,
    because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
  and I didn’t speak up,
    because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
  and I didn’t speak up,
    because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
  and by that time there was no one
    left to speak up for me.

Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2008 3:53:56 AM

Hi Gaby,

Thanks for coming by and for sharing your thoughts with us.

Yes, the evil is still around us and you're probably right when you say: I'm afraid we are now facing even worse evil.

Hard to imagine anything worse then 9,000,000 murdered for no reason other then their religion, political affiliation, color, mental health, culture and the list goes on and on. But there just might be.

Let's hope and pray that the 9,000,000 didn't die in vain and learn what needs to be learned from it.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2008 10:47:21 AM

Hello Peter and friends,

This is quite informative and interesting. Eversince the featuring of "We Shall Not Forget" in our articles of virtue by Peter, I have been trying to know more about this whole wickedness to others by fellow man and this piece has added to it.

Thank you for a wonderful information and congratulations on your celebration of Yom HaShoah, Shalom!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!