Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: These email cons get better.......
8/20/2005 7:10:30 PM
I'm glad you invited me to your forum. I got one of those PayPal emails today which indicated several out of country attempts to access my account. Thankfully, I decided to set it aside until I obtained more information since I recalled reading something about PayPal not sending warning notices of this sort. Thanks a lot.
+0
8/20/2005 8:17:08 PM
Rip. If you receive any emails making out they are from PayPal, they are probably scams. To be on the safe side. Read this bit from their security section & send any emails you are suspicious off to the PayPal security address. --------------------------------------------- Security Information Look for a PayPal Greeting: PayPal will never send an email with the greeting "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member." Real PayPal emails will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email—including the header information—to spoof@paypal.com. We investigate every spoof reported. Please note that the automatic response you get from us may not address you by name. Don't share personal information via email: We will never ask you to enter your password or financial information in an email or send such information in an email. You should only share information about your account once you have logged in to https://www.paypal.com/. Don't download attachments: PayPal will never send you an attachment or software update to install on your computer. --------------------------------------------- I hope this bit of information not only helps you Rip, but anyone else who has received an email supposedly from PayPal that they are not sure of. Do not hesitate to send it to them, they would rather have a thousand enquires, than have a PayPal members details ripped of.
+0
Sarka Ksandrova

827 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/25/2005 7:18:15 PM
Thanks for informations. s zaou sa it abot papal, The same is with e-gold.
+0
8/26/2005 12:28:27 PM
Saksa, Thank you for the reminder about e-gold, yes your are right it seems to be every system that deals with the transfer of money, apart from Greenzap (so far). So, please everyone be aware that if the email does not have your name & membership number, it will be a scam.
+0
12/28/2005 11:17:37 AM
hi all, here is one i received today on my adland mail. From Rose Guei: From Rose Guei Date:12/28/2005 From Rose Guei Abidjan cote D` Ivoire West Africa. Email: rose_guei20002006@yahoo.ca Please my dear do reply me at my private box above Dearest , Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your contact from community.adlandpro.com where searching for a responsible and humble person who will assist me on this, prayed over it and selected your name among other names due I was dicrected by God to do so, I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business . I am Rose Guei the only duaghter of late Mr. and Mrs. George Guei My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan , the economic capital of Ivory coast, my father was poisoned to dearth by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip . My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father on January 2004 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of ten million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD (US$10.5 million) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his only duaghter for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates. That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as real estate management or hotel management , I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways: (1) To provide a bank account into which this money would be transferred to .(2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 22years. (3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country. Moreover, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas. Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within fourteen (14) days you signify interest to assist me. Anticipating to hear from you soon. Thanks and God bless. Best regards, Rose Guei.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!