Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Recycle and reduce Use !
8/18/2008 4:00:23 PM
4 Green Shopping Tips
By Eversave Shoppers

Simple changes you can make to your shopping habits to go green.

1. Purchase organic fruits and vegetables.

2. Buy products in the biggest size you and your family will use to avoid excess packaging.

3. Look for products in recyclable containers.

4. Use cloth bags at the grocery store instead of paper and plastic.

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2008 4:05:05 PM
I have actually convenced my son, Tom and 3 housemates to recycle.  I was separating for two weeks, finally they gave in.  They are getting with the program.  When they realized I took out the milk jugs, water bottles, then separated the cans from their sodas (my son and I drink a lot of water, and use filtered water with reusable water bottles).  Have our garbage was recycled ...   hmmmmm !

And without recycling, the once a week pick up was not good for us, unless we bought another rolling garbage can (we bought a big green recycle rolling garbage can) !

I have recycled since the 50s ....  and met resistance from these guys ... trying to
convence them to recycle.  By separating things for two weeks all by my self...  the amount was staggering to them !   hmmmmmm !  I am not pulling the recyclable things out of the garbage now.  Everyone is putting it outside in the recycle unit or atleast placing it on the counter at the back door for me !
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2008 4:05:23 PM
4 Green Shopping Tips
By Eversave Shoppers

Simple changes you can make to your shopping habits to go green.

1. Purchase organic fruits and vegetables.

2. Buy products in the biggest size you and your family will use to avoid excess packaging.

3. Look for products in recyclable containers.

4. Use cloth bags at the grocery store instead of paper and plastic.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!