Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Recycle and reduce Use !
5/30/2008 11:42:17 AM

Linda, we have been recycling for about 21 years.  Here are some ways we do it:

We separate paper products to burn in our burn barrel (not legal in most cases) we live in country.

We pack all our other paper products - magazines, newspapers and books into paper bags and take to recycle.

We separate all other trash items (not burnable) and send to landfill.  At present we do not have a way of separating glass & plastic for this.

All of our vegetable trimmings and coffee grounds go into our compost.

Leftover food usually is consumed by Molly!!  Otherwise it is left out for the wild animals or put in compost.

We keep houseplants inside during winter but most are moved outside during warm weather.  We plant flowers, vegetables, and trees.

Mainly we get our exercise from working outside in our gardens.  Also, housecleaning will give you a great workout!

Thanks Linda for the forum.

Sara

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/30/2008 6:32:23 PM
Sara,

Awesome !
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/2/2008 10:23:28 PM
Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago ~

Warren Buffet, Billionaire
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/2/2008 11:32:27 PM
SAVOR THE MOMENT. I believe it was the great John Lennon who said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Think about it, how true is this? Many times we are having a great time with friends or family but we are hardly even recognizing it because we are thinking about what we have to do tomorrow. Learn to take each moment by itself and enjoy it!
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2008 9:09:16 AM
Recycle and reduce Use !
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!