Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Nominations forum for the Photo of the Week Contest
3/4/2009 1:39:38 PM

Hi Jim,

In January, you said the POTW was a thankless job, but your team had several positive feedbacks the Awards Team profile area that none of the 3 of you replied to.

You also before said this job was not glamorous, now you say it is glamorous.  The community could run this election as a group, we could run all the elections as a community activity, it doesn't take a team or a certain person, anyone and everyone can count write-in votes, I think ALL administration-backed contests SHOULD BE write-ins. 
If people want to vote on any of the photos that have been entered since the end of the last photo contest until now, then write in a vote, ending next Wednesday night.  There?  Okay?  But I don't know if there's a prize, like I said, the photo contest is up in the air, that's Bogdan's decision.

Bogdan made the decision not to continue the photo contest, these contests and elections are backed by him, not me.  Contact him about your concerns.

I was chosen for my ideas, not because I was buddies with any former Awards Teams. 

The last 6 photo contests had between 31 to 36 votes.  That's not many for a click-dot election run by 3 people, and with 5 entrants who could have encouraged more friends to vote for their pictures.

Giving away any amount of money to a non-verifiable winner is too much money.  At least the new write-in POTW has verified nominators and their post is their vote, so there are no anonymous votes without posts.

Talk to Bogdan like I said in my first post here this morning.

The future of the photo contest is NOT MY decision.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2009 1:45:07 PM

I wasn't going to allow renominations of former winners, but Bogdan suggested that all old winners be allowed to be renominated since they are the most active members. 

Now I'm done in this thread, take your concerns to admin.

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2009 2:14:17 PM

Hello Kathleen,

I guess my point is here you have folks nominating their pictures for the Photo of the Week Contest and you have ignored them till now, instead of posting a notice or some sort of communication.   The agreement you stated absolves you of any slight here at all, to these good folks that have visited and posted their photos.

The prize for the contest was exposure of your photographs and your profile to the community, with a congratulatory forum similar to the PersonOTW, at one time there was a monetary award, but was withdrawn by the admin too.

My past transgressions as far as communicating as a POTW Awards Team member, are just that in the past.  We are talking present day now and the answer is now known.

As for the vote count 31 to 36 sounds like a good participation rate compared to the New POTW.  Plus there is a variety of photos to choose from.  Seems like those real eyes would be attractive to the PersonOTW contest too.  Neither here nor there now that you have answered the question for us.

In Summary:

The new POTW Admin did not take on all the duties of the POTW, no matter the reason.  The Photo of the Week Contest and the use of the polling system have been discontinued up to this point in time.

Thanks for clearing things up, have a great hump day.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2009 2:25:51 PM

Hi Jim and all contributors,

Firstly, I apologise to everyone here for promoting this forum before checking out the current situation. I, for the first time posted a photo here because somebody suggested I do and as you can see., I mastered the technique AT LAST.

I am going to contact Bogdan regarding this forum. I will report my findings.

Anybody who has posted photos here is assured that one way or another there will be a vote, even if it has to be done at my forum.

Jim, I have sent a PM to Kathleen to say "please don't post til I get back". We will get this sorted.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2009 4:11:08 PM

Hi Jim,

Don't worry that this feature will disappear. I promise you that something will rise from the ashes. If I need help with ideas are you up to helping?

I will take these things to Bogdan. We have the best Social Network in the world, we can make it even better.

As for the Forum:

If it comes back it will look and be a little different but I aim to find a way of keeping going what everyone involved aimed to achieve.

Roger Macdivitt

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!