Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WELCOME TO THE GARDEN
10/3/2006 9:18:38 AM
Hi Mary,

This is who I found, but he went and hid when you didn't reply the first time.

Love Jenny

+0
Daryl Geoghegan

11 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/3/2006 10:43:17 PM

Hi, I have just joined Adland and love the friendly folks here.

I get a great deal from the garden. It's my respite. I work as a Master Baker at Chiltern Bakery in Victoria, Australia. I am also a 5th generation gardener. As you know, it's up to each new generation to better what the previous endeavors of our fore fathers. I became proficient at obtaining, cultivating and disseminating Southern African Amaryllidaceaous Bulbous plants.

These include Crinum, Clivia, Amaryllis, Brunsvigia and Haemanthus just to nmae a few.

The garden and God seem to go hand in hand. Many realisations have occured in the garden for me. As a meditator, the garden naturally draws one to a quiet attitude. This is something I take with me during my busy life.

I wish you all well,

Daryl.

More Images at my new images gallery

+0
2/14/2007 4:59:17 PM

Hi Mary,

Thanks for inviting me to your garden forum.

I find it very interesting to read from different

gardeners from all over.

I''ll be back for more,

Marie,

http://alittlejoyfortoday.blogspot.com/

+0
Jack Atkinson

48 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Re :WELCOME TO THE GARDEN
2/15/2007 4:07:29 PM
Hi Mary. I enjoy plants. I grow them for ourselves and have sold them at the Farmers Market. I do a little landscaping for people. I managed a Farm & Garden Centre for almost 30 yrs. I had a open line radio program for a number of yrs. The postings here are great. Jack http://www.northwestgardener.net
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/15/2007 5:47:38 PM

Hi Jack,

Great to hear from a fellow landscaper.

I am limited professionally now as my back problems are too severe but I still enjoy in particular the design aspects.

How lucky we are to have something that many folks would settle for if they had time.

Time in the garden is beyond price.

Spring here is approaching far toofast and is on avwerage far too wet. Coming after such a dry summer this has been a strange year.

Like many others here in the uk I am enjoying growing some things that were formerly beyond consideration.

I have a banana tree in a pot which is usualy black and soggy at this time of year but this year has new leaves unravelling. In the unheated greenhouse I have lemons, tender geraniums (pelargoniums) and olives. Indoors under hydroponic lights we are growing lychees, pomegranetts ,  and lots of exotic things from Australia.

What have we done to this planet?

Hope the markets go well as thats a great way of exchanging local stuff.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!