Menu

Shawn Murphy

5 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
How to write an eZine or Newsletter
12/30/2007 5:56:15 PM

Everyone is telling you to write ezines and start a newsletter, but were do you start?

Relax you don’t need to be a publishing expert or great script writer to master this process. With a few Google searches and some free time this can be a walk in the park!

First, pick a topic; I know an obvious place to start, but sometimes the obvious needs to be stated. For this example lets pick “Lead Generation”, a topic all of us could learn more about.

Simply Google “Lead Generation”, pick 8-12 articles or links and see what they have to offer. If you have 3-4 articles from this search that has something to offer great. If not pick 4-6 more until you find some with substance.

When you have your 3-4 top articles read them again so you can paraphrase what they offer into a strong 1-2 paragraph(s) exert of the piece. Write this from your perspective and ad your flavor.  Repeat this with the other articles and you should have a great ezine or Newsletter article of your own to submit.

Remember the people that are reading these submissions have far less knowledge then you do on the topics you research. Actually 80% of these readers know less then you do at this point, hey…. you are becoming an expert yourself! So don’t short change your articles and submissions when you do the research. 

I hope this has been helpful, please continue to learn and grow with this industry, it is reinventing itself and evolving daily so stay on top.

To your success and financial freedom,

Shawn Murphy

709-728-6178

Shawnandkerri@nf.sympatico.ca 

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!