Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SUNDAY SHOWCASE_ Featuring KATHLEEN VANBEEKOM 10/14
10/14/2007 10:34:50 AM

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your visit and for all the kind words!  I wrote a lot when I was in school, my mother kept a lot of my stories and poems, I think I might get them back when she goes to Heaven!  LOL.  She keeps a tight grip on sentimental stuff. 

Our host really put in a lot of his own time with the photgraphs, he really outdid himself looking for pics and info on 2 states!  

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2007 10:39:36 AM

Thanks, Dimitra!

That's a very beautiful graphic, WOW!  
It's interesting how people from different parts of the world can have similar upbringings, especially where religion is involved.   I spent a lot of my life trying to undo the mental drill but it actually brings some order to a lot of situations.

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2007 11:27:17 AM

Wow Kathleen!!! Congratulations on your Sunday Showcase Feature!!!!!

I never knew how much we had in common till I read your bio... Except I am not Catholic...Our upbringings are simular.

We had to eat what was put on our plates and most likely sit there until our dad got up from the table.

Sundays were about church, reading the newspaper, not making noise during whatever game was on TV, eating supper together and cramming in homework before bedtime.

I remember playing all the usual backyard games with neighborhood kids, hide & seek, freeze-tag, we played Barbies and GI-Joes, waited on the curb for the ice cream truck in the summer, and caught lightning bugs at night.

My Dad was also a AirForce man!!!

Gone are those days now,,Except my children still have church and Sunday dinners are still enforced...LOl

Enjoy your Sunday Showcase Kathleen. You are a awsome friend and a WhAmMy of a person!!!

Peace.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2007 12:24:53 PM

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that great poem and all your support!  Now you're in a place with graphics in every post, but yours is still fantastic!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2007 12:28:39 PM

Hi Rina,

Thanks so much for directing people to our special forums, your community spirit and billboard-size graphics posts are very appreciated!  I see why you became so popular so quickly when you first arrived!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!