Menu

Re: P.O. Boxes are no longer questionable:::
6/12/2007 7:57:49 AM

This is very interesting. Something I have not thought about. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

SB55

Bren^..^
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2007 10:48:34 AM

Hi Ray,

I don't think anything bad when I see a PO Box address, I just think the person must be doing a lot of business by mail, too much to have the mailman carry it all to his or her house.  As I explained, PO Box holders must have a voters registration card as one of their pieces of identification when renting a box, that's a good thing, not something to dismiss as "oh he's just a PO box holder".   What form of ID do those Executive Office Suites require when people get a business identity package from them?  I wasn't getting into the entire business identity area yesterday, I just wanted people to know that PO box holders aren't shady thugs.  Many people who are just starting out can't afford a business package, and the post office main area is open 24 hours a day so people can collect their mail at their own convenience.  My mailman arrives at 4 pm, I'm the last street on his route, that wouldn't give me much time to fulfill that day's orders and get them to the post office on time to go out in the last outgoing mail of the day if I was sitting around all day waiting for my mail to get here at 4 pm.

New Reply
+0
Ray
Ray Thomas

77 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/12/2007 12:30:09 PM

In response to 80755...

Yes they will, (with your permission in writing).

"End Your Mortgage or Rent Payments Within The Next 30 Days!": http://war.mortgagekillerusa.info
New Reply
+0
Gail Dennis

114 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/12/2007 12:37:24 PM

You are so right, the value of a PO Box cannot be overestimated.  It has proved to be a life saver, my little personal mail box can barely hold my household mail, never mind my business mail. 

New Reply
+0
Ray
Ray Thomas

77 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/12/2007 12:55:01 PM

I understand. Once again - I think it depends on who you're doing business with and the dollar amounts involved. Executive Office Companies require the same information as the Post Office.

P.O. Boxes are great for what they are... a way to receive your mail. But when it comes to creating a feeling of confidence in a potential clients mind - forget about it. Don't let the "low cost" sway your good judgement. 

Voters Cards and Driver's Licences can be duplicated very easily in todays hi-tech criminal world, savy business people know that. So the only way you can create confidence in a prospect is to "mirror" the image of a solid, thriving company.

Which means you need to look and operate like one. The phone is key, your address can be key. Example: If you're selling $12.00 gift items in your local community, a P.O. Box is more than sufficent.

If you're selling $200 Custom Jewerly on the internet and expect to get orders from around the world... I'd advise you to invest some thought and money on your business image.

Ray Thomas

"End Your Mortgage or Rent Payments Within The Next 30 Days!": http://war.mortgagekillerusa.info
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!