Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
P.O. Boxes are no longer questionable:::
6/11/2007 12:49:53 PM

In the past, people may have been leary about doing business with companies or individuals who had a P.O. Box address.  No longer!  For the past several years in USA, box holders are required to have a voter registration card as one of their pieces of identification when renting a box.  So rest assured, P.O. Box holders are registered voters, hopefully responsible American citizens...at least they'll be easier to find if there are any problems with mail-related businesses.

One of the reasons to have a P.O. Box is...if you get LOTS of mail!  Another reason is, you can collect your mail at any time, you don't need to wait for the postal carrier to arrive at your house.  Another reason, if you are selling real products by mail, you don't want people stopping by your home thinking it's a store...that happens sometimes with catalog sellers!

New Reply
+0
Bruce Butler

186 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: P.O. Boxes are no longer questionable:::
6/11/2007 12:58:37 PM

Kathleen: That is good information to know.

Thanks, Bruce

http://www.Seaweed4u.ws Seaweedman Help Veterans
New Reply
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2007 4:50:44 PM

Hi Kathleen!

Thank You for your heads up info...I know that in the past having a POB in mail order was considered a shady thing.  Today, it is so commonplace that most of the fear has been removed.
Have a pleasant day Kathleen...your friend Steven.
New Reply
+0
Ray
Ray Thomas

77 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/11/2007 5:14:22 PM

Hi Kathleen,

I'm sorry - but I have to disagree with your position concerning P.O. Boxes...

Maybe it depends on who you're doing business with. I have many clients that go to "Google Earth" and actually take a look (Satellite View) at your business address.

If they see a Post Office or Mail Boxes Etc.,... well what would you think?

If you're really concerned about your business image but still want the benefits of a P.O. Box, I suggest using a Business Identity Package from an Executive Office Suites Company.

They not only provide a respectable Business Address at an Office Building or Business Complex, but "Live Operators" will also answer your phones and take messages during normal business hours. Which is also a "touchy area" when it comes to business image. An occasional voicemail pick-up is okay, but some people never answer their phones! Not a confidence builder for your prospects.

Yes - Business Identity Packages cost more than a P.O. Box, but in this case you really do get what you pay for.

Ray Thomas

"End Your Mortgage or Rent Payments Within The Next 30 Days!": http://war.mortgagekillerusa.info
New Reply
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1088 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/11/2007 11:02:54 PM
Let's put the "shoe" on the other foot and picture a brick & mortar business having a policy not to ship to a P.O. box. When an order is prepaid and the shipper is required to get a signature,  then will a reception clerk at a "Business Identity Package (at a ...) Executive Office Suites Company sign for the package?
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!