Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL :)
3/23/2008 12:01:58 PM

HI Gabby,
Thanks so much! I told her we have prayers going out around the world .
Take care and God bless. Also I will pray for Johnny Ford and my dad broke his wrist so please pray for him.
Sincerely,
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/28/2008 5:33:54 PM

HI FRIENDS,
Please go to Anthony's forum and see his report about his brother Kevin.. thanks so much and God bless!!

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/994449.aspx

+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/21/2008 7:00:14 AM
HI FRIENDS,
Here is a daily verse  from www.bible.com...hope its a blessing to you !
John 11:21-27:
21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Sincerely,
PS If anyone wants to participate in an online prayer meeting then contact me on skype at musiclover52.

+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: ANNOUNCING ADLANDPRO PRAYER CELL,,, PRAYER REQUEST FORUM
4/24/2008 8:37:59 PM

HI FRIENDS,
I really appreciate my prayer partners here in adlandpro and I want you to know that.
My son needs prayer. He had high blood pressure yesterday and they aren't sure what is wrong. I know when I prayed God answered and I had the prayer of agree ment last nite at church. Thanks for standing with me! 
God bless you !
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
SALVATION BY GRACE NOT WORKS
4/25/2008 3:01:44 PM

HI FRIENDS,
I read this today and thought it really fitting!
Thanks,

None can boast

God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

Ephesians 2:8-9 NLT

The Holy Club

Charles Wesley and two friends began a small Christian group at Oxford University in 1728. John Wesley, who had already graduated from Oxford, returned the following year as a tutor and assumed its leadership. Oxford students made fun of the group, referring to it as the "Holy Club" or "Methodists."

The focus of the Holy Club was on religious self-discipline. Exhorting each other to live piously and do good works, they were motivated by the belief that they were working for the salvation of their souls.

George Whitefield was the first Holy Club member to question their practices. His solution, however, was to try to become a new creation through further extremes of self-denial. During Lent in 1735 he only ate a little course bread with tea. By Holy Week he was so weak that he could not study or even walk up a flight of stairs. After hitting bottom, he later wrote, "God was pleased to remove the heavy load, to enable me to lay hold of his dear Son by a living faith…"

On May 5, 1735, Whitefield wrote a letter to John Wesley, attempting to share what had happened to him. It would be three more years before the Wesleys found His gracious arms.

Reflection

Have you ever found yourself trying to earn your salvation? Salvation is a gift to be received from God, and there is nothing we can do to earn it. Good works do not lead us to Christ—it is out of our relationship with Christ that good works flow.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!