Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Welcome To AdlandPro's 80th Person Of The Week (POTW) Forum!!!
2/5/2007 12:25:57 AM

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week  o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week  o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Here at AdlandPro we’re blessed with so many awesome people and this week we’re honoring another one of those individuals with the Person of the Week award, his name is Thomas Richmond. Thomas has an incredible story to tell. Read how he conquered his Demons and how he is now helping others to do the same. Thomas is someone we can say we’re proud to have as our friend. We love you Thomas! Congratulations on winning the POTW award!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Here's Thomas Richmond's Bio:

Was born in Burbank California 1966 to a Cajon my father and a Italian mother that was born in Los Angelas, they had two more children, my younger brother of a year and half and and younger of 3 years, unfortunately they divorced when I was 4 and so it was up to my grandmother to raise at least for me and my brother us for my mother was handicapped as well, I know and understood at a young age why but did understand that he left us?? anyway we managed through our grade school years happy, full of music and having a big family namely of cousins who would always pick on me to be there mascot of having an excuse on a party- hence my former nick name tommyboy, went through that whole Hollywood scene in clubs and saw a lot of famous bands before they were famous, but did grow up fast with no direction in life really, well I graduated high school in the early 80s out here in the San Fernando Valley and till this day have kept that valley talk...just a little?? My sister has. I was a recluse, always fighting with my mom because I thought I was old enough to do what I want and just being rebellious, I left home at 18 and fell in love so I thought to a dancer that had an apartment and was close by her dancing work, she would dance everynight and sometimes bring 1000 dollars in tips, she also was a friend from high school, we lived together for one year but jealousy and drugs would break us apart, she did eventually pass away of a heroine overdose, I had kept her abuse from me, she knew I would not allow that, anything else would be fine, but not that, so she got hooked, one year to the day she passed away in her sleep next to me, was the first of a long line of close friends who passed away for me through my 20s till 30/32 years of age, seen a lot of travel with some Grateful Dead Fans for those 7 or 8 years and lived in trailer parks and campgrounds in the meantime, I eventually went back to the San Fernando Valley, Burbank, Glendale cities and got an apartment by myself for myself just so I can clear my thoughts, didn't help, fell on hard times because of my own demons with heroine, started to use, found my self in a hospital for it, did get cleaned up but only after I learned that there was a God out there waiting for me, this kid really invited me to a church service outdoors and who could resist an out door park gathering with a BBQ? anyway this Church, the international church's of Christ was at first look was weird because everyone was so happy with hugs and crying and encouraging on one another, looked like a real family, I couldn't believe it, it was then I new I have found something to help me find my way back, they helped me through my drug addiction praise God and through that first year of learning about God my heroine addiction slipped away day by day, using less and eventually not at all, then it was time to get Baptized to show good faith in the word of God and to Jesus Himself with receiving his Spirit being submersed in water, I am grateful for God and this church, it helped me to get a job , to go back to school and learn my advertising and marketing skills I have found today through community's like Adlandpro . I am grateful for God to show me the way through His Bible, I now have a title of priest because of what I know about giving what I have been taught from Jesus to someone else so they can be baptized as well, fishers of men they call us, I have been with this church for almost 8 years as of April 3rd, I have strong ties with Hope World Wide, it’s a charity based solely on those foster children around the world to help them fine families, and we also build houses for the poor like in TJ, Mexico and elsewhere. I have many advertising referrals and sites on search engines just doing a part of what I like to do, not to mention working for the voting process I have been doing for 7 years, I look after my grandmother now and my sick brother here in San Diego, Carlsbad about a 1/4 mile from the Pacific Ocean...real nice and this house isn't to bad either.  I hope my life can effect others to encourage them that when all else fails that God will never give up on them. Love You John Thanks so much.   in case your wondering? YBIC means your brother in Christ.

In Him We Trust. ~Always~ YBIC T. http://citizenre.net/tmobil8

Thomas

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

What an amazing story Thomas, thank you for blessing us with it.

Folk, please take the time to congratulate Thomas and to invite him to join your list of friends if he’s not already on it.

Thomas, I’m proud to call you my friend and I’m glad you’re finally getting some of recognition you deserve. Hey, I saw were you said you’re from Carlsbad, California. I used to vacation there every winter during the holidays because of the beautiful weather. I used to have a timeshare that I traded each year for a place there on the beach. I have some fond memories of that peaceful little coastal town. Hey, I also noticed were you said you help people in Tijuana, Mexico. I was born there, what a coincidence. Have a bless week my friend!

Love and Blessing to all of you from,

John Sanchez

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Have you been to the Block Party?!!! It's at 62 pages, 305 posts, and at almost 5,000 views!!!

If you want to have some fun, make some new friends or business associates go to the Block Party! It's the place were you're sure to be seen!

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To AdlandPro's 80th Person Of The Week (POTW) Forum!!!
2/5/2007 12:34:24 AM
Congratulations Thomas ! POTW ! Linda
+0
Natalya Restivo

703 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/5/2007 12:55:28 AM

Hi John,

I appreciate your job. Thank you!

Congratulations, Thomas!

Thank you for sharing you story with us, it's very edifying. It shows how wonderful God is, how much He wants to save us. It shows how miraculously He changes us.

I enjoy reading your spiritual posts. You are truly a fisher of men.

Natalya
www.newwealthways.net/covina

NEWAYS HEALTHY HOMES: http://www.ineways.com/covina
+0
Michael Derowin

770 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/5/2007 1:24:55 AM
Congratulations Thomas on becoming this week's POTW. Wear the crown with pride. Michael
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/5/2007 1:44:58 AM

Thanks John, for all your Hard Work & Dedication, that go such a long way towards making Adland such a Great Community.

Hello Thomas,

CONGRATULATIONS upon being Honored as the Person of the Week.  It is an Honor that is Well-Deserved.

THANKS for sharing your Inspiring Story with us and for Going Forth and Sharing the Good News of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Isn't it Wonderful to fall asleep each night, knowing that should your Earthly Journey be complete, you will awaken in the Loving Arms of our Heavenly Father>

May God Bless You And Keep You Steadfast And Secure Upon Your Journey. 

Your Brother In Christ,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0