Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
How Many Of You Join Something And Do NOT Read The Terms Of Service?
12/6/2006 2:13:01 PM
I bring you, again, another thought provoking topic ... reading the Terms Of Service.

The Terms Of Service are the conditions a website operates under and all websites have some kind of guidelines if they are legit. Without them neither business or consumer have any rules or guidlines to follow and caan make for some major kaos as to what is and isn't acceptable.

Look at a mortgage for example. As a consumer you have many pages in your contract with stipulations of what you are getting, and how you are to pay for what you get. There are certain age requirements that need to be met to enter into an agreement.

Your mortgage contract lists the zoning of your property so you know how you can use your property within the law.

The Terms of Service of a website are similar. Tells you the age you need to be to use it, what the site can be used for and what to expect from the website as far as service goes. It defines your guidelines to use of the site, logos, links, use of personal pages, what you are allowed to place on pages, rules of duplication, dissimulation, reverse engineering, whether you can be a member of a competitor, etc. etc.

Some people don't bother reading them having the idea 'if you read one you read them all'. This is so UNTRUE! And some feel since their friend recommended it it's ok. I don't need to read it.

Just last night I noticed that 151 people had joined into a program and did not read the terms of service. Reason why I know is the site shows how many members it has AND I went to read the TOS and here's what it said ...

COMING SOON ...

WHOA! This is a possible setup for a lawsuit. Once they place the TOS and IF someone doesn't agree or if a member does wrong to the TOS the website doesn't have much of a chance of being right and winning. Plus, the member is in the wrong for not doing DD and looking for a TOS or if the member just assumed that the TOS will be all good when placed that shows bad business sense of the member.

I hope I bring you something to think about. Please take the time to give some feedback.

Thanks.

Kenneth R Sword Jr

+0
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: How Many Of You Join Something And Do NOT Read The Terms Of Service?
12/6/2006 2:25:23 PM

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for posting this. By what I see so many people promoting past and present I think that most people don't read this. They just have dollar signs in their eyes. Then when the company goes out of business or is put out of business they think that all businesses don't work. Everyone needs to do their due diligence. Really think of what you are getting involved in as a business. Take the emotion out of it and look at it logically. Also a good test is "Would I share this with others if I was not making any money from it." Also a big key to success is focusing on one thing. If you sponsor someone and then the next day that person sees you promoting something else what do you think that does to your credibility.

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc

We give people hope.
http://empower.thisworks.biz

+0
12/6/2006 5:49:00 PM
Hi Barb,

You are so right about the credibility issue. And the thing that I saw today is there are 'credible' people from ALP I see have just joined within days and are promoting it to their friends already and the TOS is still not in place.

One person I know of has been recruiting alot of ALP members in a big money matrix and then joined this with no TOS. Doesn't show the leadership I would like to follow.

TOS is just one aspect of doing Due Diligence of any program. Look for the domain registry and check to see if all info is proper. Real address and phone numbers. Real email address. Length of registry. Are they gonna be around for a while? Google the registered person's name and see if they are legit. See if they have a record of shady practices.

The more you know the better informed decision you can make.

You go through alot of paperwork and redtape to just get a bank loan. You better consider going through more when you are talking about a business and your reputation.

Kenneth R Sword Jr
www.bizzyblogz.biz
where friends and businesses greet and meet.

+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2006 6:57:30 PM
hi,
we all have to on guard each time we join and or promote any new business we find. if you do the research in the beginning, it just may save you a lot of time energy, and money later. do your homework. you won't loose anything. and you may gain a lot.
nan
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!