Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE EARLY RENAISSANCE - FRA FILIPPO LIPPI
11/30/2006 7:05:10 AM
Dear Becky,

While your post at the Van Gogh section made me sad, this one about your experience at school has cheered me - was it really funny! Actually I could not stop laughing. And I agree with you, she still remembers too!

I am very happy that you have taken to my forums, and I hope I will be seeing you frequently.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/30/2006 8:18:27 AM

Dear Jenny,

The Annunciation is indeed incredible. No wonder you spent hours staring at it. I have been studying it at the Web Gallery of Art (
http://www.wga.hu/art/l/lippi/filippo/1440/10annun.jpg), which lets you view it in various sizes. Lippi painted it from 1448 to 1450, so it was long before he painted his Madonna and the Child with Angels, which would be his last work (other than frescoes) personnaly executed.

Thank you,

Luis Miguel G.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/2/2006 5:54:44 PM

Hi Luis,

I am late, again, please forgive.

Lippi's Madonnas are so superb. I love the way he always stressed the human aspect in his scenes. His Madonnas are mostly sweetly pious and sometimes appealingly pretty.

I have always appreciated his style, especially when he abandoned Masaccio's precepts in favor of the more decorative style, with his use of fluttering draperies, attenuated figures, and glowing colors.

Thank you so much for this forum, Luis.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+1
Gail Casseus

97 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/7/2006 1:24:46 AM

Dear Luis,

As always I am so appreciative of the art lesson, it affords me a chance to enjoy something I love so much, but never seem to have enough time to stop and enjoy.

Your friend,

Gail

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2006 10:16:34 PM

Dear Deborah,

Never mind your being late. I myself have no excuse for the delay in answering except for my being so busy that I have been absent from Adland for the most part of the past few days.

However, as always, I appreciate your learned comments which add to this forum. Actually Lippi's Madonnas appeal me for their beauty and elegance, though at the same time I find them most expressive in their very aloofness. 

Once again, thank you.

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!