Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Robert Coaster

581 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time For The Person Of The Week Award and Forum! (52nd Edition)
7/16/2006 2:30:00 PM

Congratulations Rick!

+0
Rick Martin

463 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/16/2006 2:49:22 PM
Hey Dr. DA,

I have been to or through Winslow, Arizona a dozen times since 1975 when I travel the route to training classes at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City. The town was originally built to service the Santa Fe and Topeka Railroad engines passing through. It is truly the last of the "Real West" judging from their lack of social graces and common decency I foound there in 1979. It was a booming metropolis of 3500 at that time and I can only say that life in Winslow and it's county seat of Holbrook takes on a very different meaning.

Winslow is one of the towns that "the Eagles" put on the map as lyrics in their songs. And Holbrook is where the locals keep the Jail full of Indians. Mean while Chief Maule regularly received payments for keeping his deputies away from the local bar where you could get anything you wanted including Alice. Dr. Karmarkar originally treated me in Winslow and shortly there after bullets sailing past him in his car prompted him to flee to Conneticut and ultimately back to India. And this all merely sets the stage for my chapters on Winslow.

The greatest improvement in the area was when they completed the I 40 freeway bypassing the town. If your lucky you will gas up before Holbrook and be able to make it to the Grand Canyon witthout stopping.

Anyway take care and thank you Dr. DA
Always Ask What would Christ do and follow your heart.
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/16/2006 2:52:20 PM

Hi Rick.
This is really great. Your bio is wonderful. Emjoy your POTW week.
Nan
+0
Rick Martin

463 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/16/2006 2:53:01 PM
Dear Donna,

Thank You, I have several friends in Australia and have longed to go there for a visit. It would be nice to meet you when I finally get there.

To your family and success,

Rick Martin
+0
Rick Martin

463 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/16/2006 2:59:52 PM
Hey Scott,

Thank you for your kind words and all that you are doing at and for Wosat You are truly a team player and are setting a high standard of participation for all to see.

As my deformed fingers are already........I would simply thank you for "Being All You Can Be" and wish you your continued success.

Rick Martin
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!