Menu

Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The way employees treat customers reflects...
6/2/2006 9:47:44 PM
Hello Bogdan! Just a summary of a very intelligent man. James A. Perkins President: 1963 to 1969 | Inauguration: 1963Academic innovations were a hallmark of James A. Perkins's administration. By the late 1960s, he was regarded as one of the leading theoreticians of higher education. Based on recommendations of a group of distinguished biologists from around the country, a Division of Biological Sciences was created.
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
New Reply
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: The way employees treat customers reflects...
6/3/2006 4:36:32 AM
Good morning all, Bogden, that is so true!!!! I did a couple of business psychology research reports for a couple of hotels that work mainly with tourism clientelle. The findings were outstanding. It came to be that employees working in a happy, respectful, open environment, with an "involved" and "caring" management, dealt with complaints quickly, quietly and efficiently, without agravating the client's disposition further. Upon interview, the employee's response was that they felt mortified that any client could be unsatisfied in their hotel which for them was more like a family environment. The complaint represented a kind of personal attack on themself and their colleagues and, therefore, they couldn't do enough to pacify and help the client. Relationship between colleagues, from all departments, was very strong and the working environment was a smooth, peaceful success. Management interference was minimal and practically non-existent. Competiteveness between colleagues was goal orientated for the benefit of the whole hotel and not just one single individual. In comparison, employees of the second hotel had a kind of Julius Caesar ..."divide and conquer" stlye management, whereby longstanding employees being laid off at random, teams were being broken up, people being transferred out, forced into early retirement etc. Employees, in response, dealt with complaints very badly, with a "couldn't care less" attitude, most of the time aggravating the clients further and, in some instances, losing the client to another hotel. Upon interview the employees responses were the following: 1) why should I care, I get paid the same at the end of the month. 2) what are the management here for? They should deal with complaints. 3) It's not my business. They're probably going to fire me tomorrow anyway. and so on .... The working environment was seriously strained and colleagues became unhealthily competitive, trying to outdo each other of a job, so they wouldn't be laid off. So, yeah ... keep your employees happy and you'll have happy, repeat, customers .... Happy customer keeping ... Have a great weekend.
New Reply
+0