Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Vote for the 290TH POTW
8/10/2011 4:28:08 PM
Quote:
Hello Barry,

Good luck to all

Thank you for voting Gabrielle,

Have a great week!

Regards,
Barry

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+0
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/10/2011 4:30:08 PM
Quote:
Tried to vote using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and it would not let me. Was able to vote using Internet Explorer though. Good luck to all candidates. Thanks, Steve

Hello Stephen,

The IE is a great back up right now, I use Firefox and have no problems so it may be an add on confict, but I have reported it.

Thanks for voting and have a great week,

Sincerely,
Barry

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+0
8/10/2011 4:48:10 PM

Barry there definitely seems to be more than a browser problem regarding this issue. There are too many complaints. I've never seen anyone complain before because they couldn't vote because the vote button wasn't working and it's not because of there being more than one person in a household with separate accounts either.

How can there be a true winner if everyone that wants to vote, can't, because the vote button is not working. I know of some that have tried several times and can't get it to work.

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2011 5:03:12 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Barry,

I think we have a problem, I can't vote either.

Myrna

Hello Myrna,

I had to use IExplorer8 to vote from instead of my more usual Google Chrome which I had previously tried unsuccessfully.

Miguel

Hi Luis Miguel,

That is the first time I have heard of this happening with Chrome, I know Firefox add ons can conflict with some sites but I have reported it.

Regards,
Barry

Hi Barry

It is not the whole site that is affected by this problem when using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firework, but only the first page of your thread and I believe I know what is causing the trouble: one of the posts in that page that for some reason is disturbing it. I dare say that if you just deleted that post the problem would be gone. It also causes the page to look different, with many characters disfigured and the left menu buttons bigger than usual and not working either (see screenprint of the page below).

Best Wishes,
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/10/2011 5:50:40 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Barry,

I think we have a problem, I can't vote either.

Myrna

Hello Myrna,

I had to use IExplorer8 to vote from instead of my more usual Google Chrome which I had previously tried unsuccessfully.

Miguel

Hi Luis Miguel,

That is the first time I have heard of this happening with Chrome, I know Firefox add ons can conflict with some sites but I have reported it.

Regards,
Barry

Hi Barry

It is not the whole site that is affected by this problem when using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firework, but only the first page of your thread and I believe I know what is causing the trouble: one of the posts in that page that for some reason is disturbing it. I dare say that if you just deleted that post the problem would be gone. It also causes the page to look different, with many characters disfigured and the left menu buttons bigger than usual and not working either (see screenprint of the page below).

Best Wishes,
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Hello Luis Miguel,

Great detective work! We have changed the first response post in the POTW which had some HTML code in it that had an effect on the way it was displayed on some browsers. It was removed and everything appears to be working fine now. I will send out another message letting people know they can try voting again. Thank you again for your effort in finding this error.

Sincerely,
Barry

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!