Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
RE: New Top Program Vote Feedback
7/5/2011 3:38:42 PM
Quote:

Hi Barry,

How will nominations be made? Who will be chosen to be featured in the biz ballot area if there are numerous nominations of the same businesses by different members? The first person who makes the nomination, or the person who puts in the most details? I have a lot of questions.

Do you think it would be better to have a criteria of...

"Which businesses would the community like to see in a group discussion?"

...and just feature the businesses without links, and WITHOUT one person featured with each biz, in the voting post, and then anyone who's a member can put their link in their signature file and let people know about it during comments. That could provide a more equal spread of traffic and a lot more details of peoples experiences, and less hassles than having featured people/person needing to reply and explain to every post/question, the replies could come from all members of those businesses, whoever is available and knows and understands the biz they are in.

Hi Kathleen,

All good points, the exact things we need to work out before we set sail on this. There has also been a lot of discussion on this here: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2409902/ForumInformumFeedbackforBusinessandPleasure/92.aspx

I believe it will probably have to be a combimation of first to submit with all the details in place. The details cannot be vague and there should be some validity to the points being made, no one wants to have to look up all the details to confirm what's being said, so the credibility of it will lie with the person making the submission.

I also believe that there will be no affiliate links allowed and no association to the member who submitted it. This will leave the program on its own merit and members will make it known which one they like. As for all the details for elegibility, this is being worked on and the suggestions you made above as well as any others are all being considered to make this as unbiased and as fair as possible.

I would like to have a layout by the end of this week to present so any members can take a look to see what may be missing so we can have this up and running shortly. Thanks again Kathleen.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: New Top Program Vote Feedback
7/14/2011 7:08:44 PM
Hello,

Sorry I have been away, car door attacked me while I was riding my bike, nothing to serious neck and back hurt but I am back and getting better!

What I am going tom do is work on this and then tomorrow morning post the entire rules section, eligibilty, requirements etc... Based on what all of the productive feedback all the members who have provided to me in this forum.

Once it's posted, if I can get your feedback I will tweak the rules where necessary and I would like to have this Top Programs Forum up and running early next week.

Everyone has made excellent suggestions and I am sure you will all see some or all of your suggestions implemented in some way or another in this new forum. Please talke a look tomorrow and don't hesitate to throw suggestions at me.

Regards,
Barry

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!