Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
It's Time to Congratulate Lucy Walker, The 227th POTW!
4/23/2010 2:38:03 PM
The 227th

Lucy Walker

I was born in Ridgeway, North Carolina on a small farm. I was one of thirteen children. Times were hard and there was never enough of anything to go around. I left when I was sixteen. I moved to Englewood, New Jersey where I graduated from high school. I married young and separated after a month. I was on welfare for seven years. During this time I entered college and earned a Master's Degree. I taught the literary arts and performing arts in the public school system for 27 years. In the fall of 2005 I became seriously ill. My doctors drew a blank as to why I maintained a fever for 6 months and numerous other ailments that were never diagnosed. I became so seriously ill that I was forced to go out on disability and to retire in order to recuperate.

For over a year I have was seen by more doctors and submitted to more tests than in my entire life. Needless to say I was very distressed about this since I lost a younger sister to a similar set of circumstances to an unknown illness that lasted 4 years. She lost the use of her body and voice during that time. She died a near mute, catatonic invalid. I adopted two of her children. Her oldest son has been missing since a few months after her death. No one has heard from him. He is officially a missing person.
Fall of 2006, I stopped taking all of the prescription drugs. I even stopped going to doctors. It was obvious to me that I had a negative physical reaction to the drugs.. They were trying to cure me with drugs for what seems to have been a drastic vitamin D deficiency. My female rheumatologist finally discovered the problem. I don't drink milk.

After extensive research I have found that this deficiency causes chronic fatigue syndrome, sleep deprivation, drastic weight gain, acid reflux, night terrors, elevated body temperatures, vertigo and severe joint pain. (parathyroid disease) I was put on massive doses of vitamin D in gel tab form for a month. Now I take 800 units per day, which is the recommended amount. All of the symptoms are almost all gone now. The joint pain still lingers and it is very difficult for someone who made a living teaching dance to accept the physical limitations.

My granddaughter, Avalon was born Tuesday, August 1, 2006. She is delightful. I have recently had injections in both my shoulders to eliminate inflammation, pain and stiffness. It has been a long road, but I can now hold my granddaughter.
Life is good.

7/2/07
I have taken some time off from the internet because of other life concerns. I had a fire in my home which necessitated some serious renovations. I am building myself a suite complete with dance studio on the first floor of my existing home. It is my treat to me.
I have been doing some serious yard and landscaping work. It is very therapeutic. I only have pain when working at the computer. Doctors are saying what they thought was arthritis is a combination of that and carpal tunnel syndrome. I am fine when not on the computer. Therefore my computer time is being drastically reduced.

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
RE: It's Time to Congratulate Lucy Walker, The 227th POTW!
4/23/2010 2:39:39 PM
Congratulations Lucy!

Enjoy your time as the 227th Person of the Week. It was a very close race but you took it at the last moment.

Regards,
Barry
+0
Arve Thornes

393 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/23/2010 2:49:40 PM
Congratulations Lucy!!!

It was not time for you to meet the D-Day and you will soon go for your
Dance Day.

To start,You have now the chance to dance all week because you are the winner:)

Enjoy it

Arve
Profitable Email Marketing

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/23/2010 4:34:53 PM

Thanks Barry.

Congrats

Lucy!

Congratulations Lucy on being selected as this week's POTW!

You so deserve it. I enjoyed reading your bio. I am proud of you my Friend. Much success and many blessings to you.

Enjoy your week in the spotlight!

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/23/2010 5:16:30 PM
Lucy,

OMG ! It is amazing how much Doctor can mess you up. I am so thankful that things are working out so well for you. Keep that positive attitude, it will get better.

Wishing you a wonderful week as POTW

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!