Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Welcome To The 22nd Edition Of The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week!
12/18/2005 11:05:33 PM
*************************************************************** *************************************************************** Hello Everyone At AdlandPro! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason Kathy Martin and I John Sanchez created this forum was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for selecting a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ****************************************************************** This week’s winner of the POTW award is a very interesting individual by the name of Bo Tipton. Bo is a humble gentleman with a big heart who enjoys helping people because that is what he was taught to do as a youth. His motto is “to succeed we must help others to succeed”. We can see that he does live by those words because of his work here at AdlandPro and because of his work in his everyday life. Bo is a person of diverse knowledge and backgrounds, which makes him a valuable friend to have. But most of all it is his thoughtful nature that makes him a great friend to have. Congratulations Bo on being voted this week’s POTW! You are truly worthy of this honor, enjoy! ****************************************************************** Here is Bo's Bio: Hello everyone my name is Bo. I am amazed that I was selected as POTW and thank each of you that supported me. Since I came here to Adland I have met many great people and have made some lasting friendships. I am amazed at the amount of time spent in this community helping others. For those of you here that have shared part of their lives with me I sincerely thank you. I grew up in small West Texas town on the U.S./Mexico border called Presidio, TX. Since I grew up on the border with Mexico I grew up speaking both English and Spanish and fully fluent in both languages. I like others believe that where I grew up was the best place to grow up. Because of my heritage and travels later in life I was also able to learn to speak Choctaw and Nahuatl. After I struggled to learn the languages I realized how blessed I was to grow up speaking two languages. The advantage is that I can mess up more then one language. I went from 1st grade to a senior in high school in the same school building. My senior class had 7 people in it. Not only were the town and school small but also I come from a small family. I have 8 sisters and 2 brothers. We grew up in ranch country riding about anything we could get on. My first horse was not a horse but a donkey. When my father gave it to me when I was four he said if I could ride that donkey that would never be a horse stubborn enough to give me problems. Once of the nice things about growing up in the country is that it gave me a love for nature and the benefits we can get from plants and herbs. I have spent the last 40 years as an herbalist trying to learn as much as I can. After a brief stay in college I wanted to see the world so I didn’t wait to get drafted I joined the Marine Corp where I served as a door gunner on a helicopter. While there I found out two things. One that there were two many people shooting at me and two that I was not very good at ducking. So when they told me I had to many holes in me and that I could go home I took them up on the offer. After getting out of the Marine Corp I spent a few years on the pro rodeo circuit and also worked as a rodeo clown. After an argument with a bull that I lost, once again I decided that I needed something safer so I got a job as a deputy sheriff on the United States/Mexico Border chasing drug smugglers. During this time I was able to learn how to fly airplanes. I also got to learn how to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I discovered that parachuting is not like the movies where you jump out of the plane and scream something. You actually scream all the way to the ground. After many mishaps, bumps, bruises and once again not being able to duck when people shot at me the old body wouldn’t take it any more so it was time for another career change. Since the desire to travel was once again on me I bought a couple of trucks and started my own trucking business. Very shortly with my experience in law enforcement and trucking I was also able to work as a consultant helping trucking companies. While doing this I traveled to all 50 states, Mexico, Central America and South America. The best part was someone else paid for the traveling. In 1981 I was introduced to Network Marketing and have been in love with it ever since. Nothing has given me the freedom or satisfaction that network marketing has and besides no one is shooting at me and there is no 2000 pound bull chasing me so it is a pretty good deal. Network marketing allowed me at the young age of 49 to go back to college to finish a degree 30 years after I started it. I now have a couple of pieces of paper to hang on the wall saying I know a little bit about Creative Writing and a little bit about Anthropology. I know that the two fields often times do not go together but when I grow up I want to be a Creative Anthropologist. Besides anyone that has seen some of my post knows that I know only a little bit about spelling. I have been working on the Internet since 1991 and been full time on the Internet since 1999. Currently along with my own Internet marketing business I write ad copy, do website translations and proof read websites for mostly overseas companies. I also do training seminars for companies and their employees about establishing a presence on the Internet. My specialty is working with companies and individuals who have little or no experience on the Internet. I also met this wonderful woman from Kentucky named Elizabeth and even though I thought it would never happen after we were married I left Texas and moved to Kentucky. After a lot of years struggling and learning I finally am able to do what my Choctaw uncle taught me. He said that we only succeed in life when we help others succeed. Now through wonderful friends here at Adland like Dennis Clairmont and the Mentors program Dennis started http://www.djcco.com/ I will be able to help people avoid the mistakes that I made. Hopefully people won’t have to spend five years, like I did, trying to figure out how to make money on the Internet. Adland Pro has made it easier for me to help others succeed so that I might succeed. For that I am grateful to Adland Pro and all the wonderful friends that I have made here. Just like John Sanchez I think this is the best community on the Internet. I hope you know a little bit more about me then before you read this. The only thing I ask is that you remember of all these words is that to succeed we must help others to succeed and life is a wonderful adventure enjoy it to the fullest. Thank You Bo ****************************************************************** Now folks lets show Bo how much we appreciate his kindness and his work here at AdlandPro. Love and blessings to you all! John Sanchez and Kathy Martin ****************************************************************** ******************************************************************
+0
Re: Welcome To The 22nd Edition Of The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week!
12/18/2005 11:13:21 PM
Congratulations Bo! Enjoy your week!
+0
Re: Welcome To The 22nd Edition Of The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week!
12/18/2005 11:13:30 PM
Hi Bo! :) I'm so happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS Friend!!:) enjoy your special week!
+0
12/18/2005 11:13:30 PM
Hi John... Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Congrats Bo!!!!!!!!!! Lorraine
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/18/2005 11:19:49 PM
Hello Bo! Congratulations! You are a special person and a great friend. Best Wishes! LaNell
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!