Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
A Christmas Poem For All My Friends
12/18/2005 8:42:46 PM
Hello To All My Friends and Family I was just sent this poem in a Christmas card today. Consider this my Christmas card to each and every one of you...my little gift from me to you! Christmas Cards By Author Unknown I have a list of friends that is all written in a book. And every year when Christmas comes, I go and take a look. That is when I realize that these names are a part Not of the book they're written in, but really, of my heart. For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime And in that meeting they're become the reason in each rhyme. And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim, I really feel that I'm composed of each remembered name. For while you may not be aware of any special "link" Just meeting you has changed my life a lot more than you think. Once I've met someone, the years cannot erase, The memory of a pleasant word or a friendly face. So never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine Of names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between. For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you, It's cause you're on the list of those I'm indebted to. I am but the total of people I have met, And you happen to be the one that I prefer not to forget. Whether I have known you for many years or few. In some way you've had a part in shaping things I do. So every year when Christmas comes, I realize a new, The best gift life can offer is having friends like you. -------------------------------------------- Here are some Christmas quotes for you all as well! “From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other." Emily Matthews "Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends." Margaret Thatcher "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." Roy L. Smith “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day." Helen Steiner Rice “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" Bob Hope “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone." Charles Schulz “What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace." Agnes M. Pharo "If I could wish a wish for you, it would be for peace and happiness not only now, but for the whole year through!" Catherine Pulsifer "From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other." Emily Matthews "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist." Francis P. Church "There is no ideal Christmas; only the one Christmas you decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires, affections, traditions." Bill McKibben "Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends." Margaret Thatcher "The only blind person at Christmastime is he who has not Christmas in his heart." Helen Keller "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." Norman Vincent Peale "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." Roy L. Smith "May peace be more than a season, may it be a way of life" Author Unknown "Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They're never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal." Lenore Hershey "At Christmas, all roads lead home." Marjorie Holmes "When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs? " G.K. Chesterton "Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day." Helen Steiner Rice "The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other." Burton Hillis "It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. " W. T. Ellis "Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas." Peg Bracken "Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both." Phillips Brooks "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!" Santa Claus "At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year." Thomas Tusser "My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" Bob Hope "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." Calvin Coolidge "Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone." Charles Schulz "Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind." Mary Ellen Chase "I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month." Harlan Miller "When we remember a special Christmas, it is not the presents that made it special, but the laughter, the feeling of love, and the togetherness of friends and family that made that Christmas special." Catherine Pulsifer "A good conscience is a continual Christmas." Benjamin Franklin "Mankind is a great, an immense family. This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas." Pope John XXIII "Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas." Dale Evans Rogers "What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace." Agnes M. Pharo "It was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, 'God Bless Us, Every One'!" Charles Dickens "Christmas is the day that holds time together." Alexander Smith "Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!" Charles Dickens "Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white'." Bing Crosby "I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year." Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol Merry Christmas To All Of You & Have A Safe and Prosperous New Year! Marilyn L. Ali
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Re: A Christmas Poem For All My Friends
12/18/2005 8:57:54 PM
Hi Marilyn Im following you tonight Lol. I should of waited and put my poem on this site but oh well you have alot of beautiful writings .Have a merry Christmas this year.
+0
12/18/2005 9:35:25 PM
Oh, thank you Marilyn....so touching. What a wonderful gift to your friends! Margaret
+0
Louis Pominville

257 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/19/2005 8:00:29 AM
Good morning Marilyn, That is so nice, a card for me plus all these additional sayings that I can actually to make ohter cards if I want to. You are a busy lady, finding all this good stuff for us. Merci! Have a super day. Louis http://www.yorgoo.com/?1850
+0
Pam
Pam Carroll

66 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/19/2005 6:46:49 PM
Hi Marilyn Thanks for the invite and all the beautiful sayings. I am going to use the card for lots of my friends. Bless you, you are doing a wonderful job. Have a fabulous Christmas & New Year Warm Wishes Pam
Mentoring You To Success - The More You LEARN The More You'll EARN http://pamcarroll.payitforward4profits.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!