Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The President That Hates His Country By Joan Swirsky
12/27/2011 11:07:59 AM
Hello Friends,

The below article from Debbie Schlussel is a report about information she received from a 17 year Ron Paul insider and close adviser. The information is definitely not complimentary to Ron Paul and is confirmation of what many of us already knew and now have further proof from inside information.

I've read in other threads articles supposedly attempting to discredit those opposed to Ron Paul. A perfect example of that would be the absolutely ridiculous claim of Ron Paul that Iran's leader Ahmadinejad never mentioned Iran's intention of removing Israel off the map. Here's a direct quote from the article.
Quote:
And then there is Dr. Paul’s position with respect to Iran. He recently urged his host in an interview “to understand that Iran’s leader, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, had never mentioned any intention of wiping Israel off the map.” Here, again, it’s notable that Rabinowitz doesn’t actually dispute this. Dr. Paul is, of course, correct. The claim that Iran has threatened to acquire nuclear weapons to “wipe Israel off the map” is a complete fabrication of Western media propaganda, and mainstream corporate news agencies know it is a fabrication, but repeat it obligatorily anyway.
. This is a prime example of obfuscation cos Ahmadinejad did indeed make numerous claims and threats to destroy Israel but the stupid qualification that he never said he'd do it with nuclear arms is supposed to prove he's not a threat and the kook Paul is correct. There is much proof and reports that Iran is on the verge of manufacturing 2 or 3 nuclear weapons. The latest UN report verifies that and if the UN was forced to report the truth then you know it's gotta be true. In any case a person who threatened to destroy Israel with conventional arms and with biological warfare will definitely be suspected of using nuclear arms if and when they acquire the capability to do so. Obfuscation with qualifications of this sort simply don't work and the lie that Ahmadinejad never said they want to destroy Israeli is just that a lie. And Ron Paul is guilty of that.

In any case the below article by Debbie Schlussel is definitely additional damning information on Ron Paul that is coming out slowly but surely. This time from a long time supporter, confidant and adviser.

Shalom,

Peter

December 26, 2011, - 2:29 pm

Ex-Ron Paul Aide to Schlussel: “He HATES Israel,” Banned Sympathy for 9/11 Victims/Support for US Military, Upset We Fought Nazis

By Debbie Schlussel

To all of the PaulNuts out there who argue that Ron Paul isn’t anti-Semitic or anti-Israel, just isolationist libertarian and doesn’t believe we should be involved in foreign policy, that’s just bunk. As I pointed out previously on this site, Paul, and the two equally nutty Republican Congressmen (including Palestinian Justin Amash) who support him for President, had the opportunity to vote to end U.S. aid to HAMAS, and they voted against it, choosing instead to continue to send your tax money to HAMAS and its supporters in Gaza. Ron Paul also proudly spoke at the openly pro-HAMAS/pro-Hezbollah Arab American Institute Leadership Conference (see the video of his pandering speech, below). That’s aside from Paul’s 9/11 trutherism and his constant blaming of America for 9/11 and the Muslim world hating us. It’s not to mention his constant defense of Iran, its funding of HAMAS and Hezbollah, and its acquisition of nuclear weapons. And don’t forget how Paul happily accepted campaign contributions from the owner of the anti-Semitic, racist, neo-Nazi Stormfront site. Now, there is more.

Ron Paul Poses @ Pro-HAMAS/Hezbollah Arab American Institute Conference

Over the weekend I received a statement from Eric Dondero, a libertarian Republican, who worked for Ron Paul for 17 years. Dondero, who now publishes the Libertarian Republican site, was Ron Paul’s personal assistant and worked on his various campaigns, etc. He had some very disturbing things to say about Ron Paul, his open support for the Palestinians and hatred of Israel, his opposition to fighting World War II, how he asked Dondero to wear a yarmulke and other adornments to a press conference to answer charges of Paul’s anti-Semitism, etc. Dondero also shows us how unprincipled Paul is. He claimed he was against the war in Iraq, and regardless of what you think of the war in hindsight, Paul changed his vote to protect his political career. He’s not the principled libertarian he claims he is. He’s just another political hack and opportunist, like almost everybody else in office. I don’t agree with Eric’s dismissal of the racist and anti-Semitic comments in the Ron Paul newsletters. Those are important. But so is this information from Eric. As you read Eric Dondero’s statement, remember that Eric occupied these positions in Ron Paul’s employ:

* Fmr. Senior Aide, US Cong. Ron Paul, 1997 – 2003
* Campaign Coordinator, Ron Paul for Congress, 1995/96
* National Organizer, Draft Ron Paul for President, 1991/92
* Travel Aide/Personal Asst. Ron Paul, Libertarian for President
1987/88

Here are some excerpts from the statement Eric Dondero sent me (all of the emphasis/bold-lettering was added by me):

He is . . . most certainly Anti-Israel, and Anti-Israeli in general. He wishes the Israeli state did not exist at all. He expressed this to me numerous times in our private conversations. His view is that Israel is more trouble than it is worth, specifically to the America taxpayer. He sides with the Palestinians, and supports their calls for the abolishment of the Jewish state, and the return of Israel, all of it, to the Arabs. . . .

On the incident that’s being talked about in some blog media about the campaign manager directing me to a press conference of our opponent Lefty Morris in Victoria to push back on Anti-Jewish charges from the Morris campaign, yes, that did happen. The Victoria Advocate described the press conference very accurately. Yes, I was asked (not forced), to attend the conference dressed in a Jewish yarlmuke, and other Jewish adornments. [DS: Eric Dondero's mother is Jewish, and, therefore, he is Jewish according to Jewish law, but does not identify as such, only as "half-Jewish."]

There was another incident when Ron finally agreed to a meeting with Houston Jewish Young Republicans at the Freeport office. He berated them, and even shouted at one point, over their un-flinching support for Israel. So, much so, that the 6 of them walked out of the office. I was left chasing them down the hallway apologizing for my boss. . . .

Ron Paul is most assuredly an isolationist. He denies this charge vociferously. But I can tell you straight out, I had countless arguments/discussions with him over his personal views. For example, he strenuously does not believe the United States had any business getting involved in fighting Hitler in WWII. He expressed to me countless times, that “saving the Jews,” was absolutely none of our business. When pressed, he often times brings up conspiracy theories like FDR knew about the attacks of Pearl Harbor weeks before hand, or that WWII was just “blowback,” for Woodrow Wilson’s foreign policy errors, and such.

I would challenge him, like for example, what about the instances of German U-boats attacking U.S. ships, or even landing on the coast of North Carolina or Long Island, NY. He’d finally concede that that and only that was reason enough to counter-attack against the Nazis, not any humanitarian causes like preventing the Holocaust. . . .

There is much more information I could give you on the sheer lunacy of his foreign policy views. Let me just concentrate on one in specific. And I will state this with absolute certainty:

Ron Paul was opposed to the War in Afghanistan, and to any military reaction to the attacks of 9/11.

He did not want to vote for the resolution. He immediately stated to us staffers, me in particular, that Bush/Cheney were going to use the attacks as a precursor for “invading” Iraq. He engaged in conspiracy theories including perhaps the [9/11] attacks were coordinated with the CIA, and that the Bush administration might have known about the attacks ahead of time. He expressed no sympathies whatsoever for those who died on 9/11, and pretty much forbade us staffers from engaging in any sort of memorial expressions, or openly asserting pro-military statements in support of the Bush administration. . . .

Ron was “under the spell” of left-anarchist and Lew Rockwell associate Joe Becker at the time, who was our legislative director. [DS: Lew Rockwell is an anti-Israel, anti-Semitic, isolationist libertarian nut.] Norm Singleton, another Lew Rockwell fanatic agreed with Joe. All other staffers were against Ron, Joe and Norm on this, including Lizardo. At the very last minute Ron switched his stance and voted “Yay,” much to the great relief of Jackie and I. He never explained why, but I strongly suspected that he realized it would have been political suicide; that staunchly conservative Victoria would revolt, and the Republicans there would ensure that he would not receive the nomination for the seat in 2002. Also, as much as I like to think that it was my yelling and screaming at Ron, that I would publicly resign if he voted “No,” I suspect it had a lot more to do with Jackie’s threat, for she WAS Victoria. And if Jackie bolted, all of the Victoria conservatives would immediately turn on Ron, and it wouldn’t be pretty.

If you take anything from this lengthy statement, I would hope that it is this final story about the Afghanistan vote, that the liberal media chooses to completely ignore, because it doesn’t fit their template, is what you will report.

If Ron Paul should be slammed for anything, it’s not some silly remarks he’s made in the past in his Newsletters. It’s over his simply outrageously horrendous views on foreign policy, Israel, and national security for the United States. His near No vote on Afghanistan. That is the big scandal. And that is what should be given 100 times more attention from the liberal media, than this Newsletter deal.

Thanks, Eric, for having the courage to shed more light on this fraud known as Ron Paul. Republicans in Iowa (and elsewhere) who vote for this clown are doing nothing to help America and everything to make sure that Barack Obama is President for eight years instead of just four. I would vote for any of the other potential Republican candidates for President against Barack Obama. But I would NEVER vote for Ron Paul. Never. I would simply abstain in the race.

There is a reason so many kooks, neo-Nazis, Stormfront crowd thugs, and–yes–even Muslims are supporters of Ron Paul. They know what he stands for. And so does Eric Dondero, who was his personal aide for over a decade.

Thankfully, Ron Paul will not be the GOP nominee or President of the United States. Anyone voting for him is simply helping to elevate the respectability of this anti-American, Israel-hating, pan-Arabist, pro-Iran fraud. And, again, they are helping to elevate the re-election chances of Barack Hussein Obama.

Here’s Ron Paul’s disgusting speech to the HAMAS and Hezbollah supporters at the Arab American Institute event dominated by Muslims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClLmm6TCFKg&feature=player_embedded

You can read the full report by Eric Dondero here.

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/27/2011 3:01:34 PM
Hello Friends,

Daniel Greenfield always has interesting insights on the subjects and topics he covers. Here's his take on Ron Paul, the ronbots, racists, antisemites, anti Israel 'folk', the Nazis, Stormfront and others that support him in addition to his support for Hamas and the Iranians etc.. The fact that in many areas he's further left then B Hussein is also discussed. A very interesting read.

Shalom,

Peter

The Paul Pot and the Paulestinians

Posted: 26 Dec 2011 08:32 PM PST

The masses weeping over the death of Kim Jong Il and the frantic online defenders of Ron Paul have something in common, it isn't the man they care about. It's what he represents.

The course of events that took a cranky Texas congressman and turned him into the made man of a motley crew of online gambling entrepreneurs, racists, conspiracy theorists and the whole big circus tent filled with offshore accounts, UFO landing sites and copies of the Turner Diaries is an odd one, but not a completely unusual one.

Cults of personality are not about the man, but about the need that he fills in his followers. There is a point at which every dictator, rock star and celebrity realizes that it is the people who adore him that are in charge and all he can do is ride the wave of adulation. The men don't matter, the reasons why people seize on them do matter.

Why Ron Paul? Because like so many at the center of a cult of personality, he is everything to everyone. The big tent he presides over is full of people who don't agree on very much. They are a nexus of opposition to 'everything', but they're also a collection of groups that splinter faster than old wood in a thunderstorm.

Ron Paul's program which is big on ambitious assaults on the government, but short on the details, finesses many of those disagreements. Gay rights? Abortion? Immigration? If you squint and only pay attention to the right statements, then Ron Paul is for you. Like Santa's little elves, his followers spread his selective word by focusing in on target demographics and barraging them with talking points that make it seem like Ron Paul is on their side. Whose side is Ron Paul on? Most likely his own.

The simplest reason why Ron Paul has become the perennial candidate of the Ringling Bros circus is a combination of two things. A past in which he marketed himself heavily to conspiracy theorists as a former member of Congress and a present in which he is a member of Congress.

The left has no shortage of Ron Pauls in Congress, cranks and loons like Shirley Jackson Lee and Pete Stark. When they want to run the chief loon of their side who thinks that the government is beaming radio waves into their brain at the behest of the military industrial complex, they have Cynthia McKinney, the presidential candidate for the Green Party in 2008, who was endorsed by Ron Paul. But their pickings on the Republican side are slimmer. It's Ron Paul or it's nobody.

When Ted Rall was recently dreaming of a left-right revolution against the government, the Paul Pot have been openly talking about it. Rand Paul discussed a left-right coalition for rolling back the "American Empire". That sort of crossover is what makes Ron Paul valuable. The media championed him as an Anti-War Republican because he offered a left-right coalition against the War on Terror.

For all that the wonks insist on viewing America as a red and blue state lineup, there are a lot of other colors in the mix. More than the libertarians, most of whom have a limited comfort level with Paul, there are various flavors of anarchists, white supremacists, conspiracy theorists, and people who are even further off the map. They are a politically underserved demographic and while they won't win elections, they have the obsessive nature and the time to make a difference.

Ron Paul's broad appeal is that he promises to reduce the power of government and American power in general, and that's something everyone from Communists to Nazis, anarchists to monarchists can get behind. Revolutions begin with a broad front assault on the system and Ron Paul has ended up as the symbol of a broad front of those who see some political, financial or other benefit from taking down the system.

That's why Ron Paul's generic policy positions, which aside from drabs of paranoia are not all that distinguishable from many of his opponents, are not really the issue. His pet obsessions even less so except that they allow him to speak the language of his supporters and they make him completely irrelevant on most other issues.

Ron Paul can't speak intelligently on immigration because he's too busy preparing for the day when Americans start seeking refuge in Mexico. Addressing Islamic terrorism is out of the question for the same reason. The knee jerk reflex to weaken even legitimate areas of government responsibility isn't just destructive, it puts Paul in the position of denying that the problems even exist in order to justify resistance to government solutions.

If there's a problem that might require a government solution, then it's easier for Paul to claim that the problem only exists as part of a conspiracy to give the government more powers. This has been the standard response on the fringe to September 11 and is one reason why 9/11 Denial is so popular among the already paranoid.

Liberals decided that rather than dealing with the fact that a left-wing radical shot and killed JFK, they would build up elaborate conspiracy theories blaming the killing on the right. Everyone who found the idea of Muslim terrorists massacring thousands of Americans to be an uncomfortable fit with their ideology began finding ways to blame it on America. That's where Paul's left-right coalition against the war comes from. The New Left and Paleoconservatives came together to deny reality and found a common cause in maintaining a delusional worldview.

The marked difference between the European far right and the American far right is that the former have come face to face with the cold hard facts, while the latter are still acting as if the 21st century is an outgrowth of the early 20th and 19th centuries and must be fought on the same terms. That is another asset for Ron Paul who is in some ways a 19th century candidate still busy refighting the political wars of the past. A man who is too busy rebutting Alexander Hamilton doesn't have much to talk about anything truly dangerous.

Like a broken clock, Ron Paul is right about the unrestricted growth of Federal power, but for the wrong reasons. The United States isn't on a path to becoming the Fourth Reich, the time when that was at all possible is long gone. It is on a path to national dissolution, which happens to be Paul's program and makes his candidacy irrelevant. Centralization and spending aren't the problem, they're the symptoms of the problem which is a corrupt technocratic political culture that he is completely unequipped to address, not least because his own nose has been caught in the trough, but mostly because he isn't a leader.

Ron Paul is an ideologue who has made a career out of his ideology, whether it was in Congress or through his newsletters. Ideologues don't have a history of fixing systems, they have a history of breaking them in a different way. For all his talk of the Founders, they were men who weren't rooted to a single way of doing things. Hamilton, Jefferson and Madison had their fundamental differences, but none of them were so rooted in their way of thinking that they were unable to deal with reality. The closest period analogue to Paul is Thomas Paine, an English radical who was unable to accept the practical outcome of the American Revolution, and instead went seeking new revolutions in England and France. Ironically common sense is the one thing that Paine didn't have. It's the one thing that Paul badly lacks.

If there was a time for Ron Paul it would be now, in an election against a Democratic administration that has dramatically extended Federal power and created its own mini-tyranny. The problem is that Paul is just as unqualified and broken as Obama. Both men are products of rigid ideology who insist that applying it will fix all problems. They are both surrounded by cults of personality that elevate ordinary mediocre men into the avatars of hope and change.

No sooner does Ron Paul mumble a sentence in a debate then his followers plaster a dozen clips of it on YouTube under titles asserting that he "0WNED" Romney, Gingrich, Santorum or the solar system. The sad truth is that Ron Paul has never won a debate or made an articulate argument for anything. He's a shambling ideologue who has shot up only because every other Republican candidate except Huntsman and Santorum have had their moment in the sun. Paul isn't anyone's first choice, he's the fifth choice who isn't likely to win Iowa, let alone the nomination.

Paul's supporters have bought his son a senate seat and given papa a proper sendoff as the bugbear of the Republican Party. The level of devotion is completely detached from any actual accomplishment in the field of politics. But the same was true of Obama.

The chief beneficiaries of Obama's cult of personality were not the young people or minorities who streamed out to vote for him. As always they were the Obama clan and their close supporters. The same is true of Ron Paul who has sucked up a great deal of money that could have been better spent on a more articulate and promising spokesman for their cause. But just as the nature of what Obama really stood for began to disintegrate the moment he took office, so too the question of what Paul really stands for remains open.

The newsletters, which were an open book in the last election but which few of the panicked outlets now reporting on them as if they were fresh news chose to focus on, are the least of it. They represent one aspect of Ron Paul, the one that won him some of his hard core following, and his disavowal of them represents another, that of the politician who knows how to play different constituencies and show a difference face to different groups.

Who is the real Ron Paul? Like the real Obama it doesn't really matter. It's the people who have gathered behind him that are interesting. Their politics are primarily negative. They share a common paranoia and ruthlessness with Obama's supporters, but while Obama's supporters wanted power, they claim not to want it. And yet their campaigns have been exercises in seizing power, in media manipulation, intimidation and deception. There is no real difference between their tactics and those of their far-left, but we are to believe that there is a difference in goals.

That may be true, and yet the purpose of power is power. Those who seize power ultimately use it and revolutionaries who promise that their tactics will change once they are no longer insurgents are not to be believed. The most troubling thing about the Ron Paul campaign is not Ron Paul, but his supporters. It is they who define him more than he defines them. Their collective bum rush isn't just violent, it's simmering with a familiar paranoid cunning laced with bigotry, manipulation and lies. It's the behavior of people who believe they are entitled to power and will do anything to get it.

That is what defines the Ron Paul campaign more than the slight mumbling figure at the center of it. They are Ron Paul more than he is. In a sense Ron Paul is telling the truth when he says that he didn't write the newsletters. Even if he did write them in part or in whole, which is entirely possible, they were the ones that he was writing them for. That angry mass on the side eager to believe the worst and send out money to anyone who affirms their views. They are the same people with their crazy-quilt patchwork of ideologies that he is speaking to now. Their views may be internally irreconcilable, but as long as they have a common enemy in the system, they can overlook the differences and the inconsistencies and push forward without ever realizing that they are going nowhere because there is nowhere to go.
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/27/2011 3:31:17 PM
Hello Friends,

Here's an update from Debbie Schlussel on Ron Paul.

I'm adding a video in which ron Paul was interviewed by PressTV the Iranian propaganda outlet. His stance is so anti Israel and pro Palestinian/Hamas/PLO that it isn't deniable after listening to this interview. The video will be at the end of the article.

Shalom,

Peter

Ron Paul Refuses to Disavow Stormfront, Other Anti-Semitic, Racist Groups Openly Campaigning for Him

By Debbie Schlussel

December 26, 2011, - 5:36 pm

If Ron Paul wins the Iowa Caucuses, just over a week from now, it will be a very definitive sign that Iowans–particularly Republican Iowans–embrace and endorse Jew-hating bigots (just like when Jesse Jackson won the Michigan Democratic Primary in 1988). This isn’t about people from the opposite party crossing over to help elect the worst candidate. Ron Paul wouldn’t get far with just those. Nope. This is far more worrisome. Ron Paul is getting a big boost from the neo-Nazi Stormfront site and other openly anti-Semitic, racist groups. And Ron Paul is neither disavowing nor denouncing those groups and their support:

yellowstar.jpg

The American Free Press, which markets books like “The Invention of the Jewish People” and “March of the Titans: A History of the White Race,” is urging its subscribers to help it send hundreds of copies of Ron Paul’s collected speeches to voters in New Hampshire. The book, it promises, will “Help Dr. Ron Paul Win the G.O.P. Nomination in 2012!”

Don Black, director of the white nationalist Web site Stormfront, said in an interview that several dozen of his members were volunteering for Mr. Paul’s presidential campaign, and a site forum titled “Why is Ron Paul such a favorite here?” has no fewer than 24 pages of comments. “I understand he wins many fans because his monetary policy would hurt Jews,” read one. . . .

The white supremacists, survivalists and anti-Zionists who have rallied behind his candidacy have not exactly been warmly welcomed. “I wouldn’t be happy with that,” Mr. Paul said in an interview Friday when asked about getting help from volunteers with anti-Jewish or antiblack views.

But he did not disavow their support. “If they want to endorse me, they’re endorsing what I do or say — it has nothing to do with endorsing what they say,” said Mr. Paul, who is now running strong in Iowa for the Republican nomination.

(Emphasis added.) Get it? Paul is trying to pretend he doesn’t agree with these groups without expressly saying so because he, in fact, does agree with them and does want their support. Well, I would be “sad” about getting Nazi support, but I’ll accept whatever help they will give me. Nod, nod, wink, wink. More:

Mr. Black said Mr. Paul was attractive because of . . . his goal of eliminating the Federal Reserve, which the Stormfront board considers to be essentially a private bank with no government oversight. “Also, our board recognizes that most of the leaders involved in the Fed and the international banking system are Jews.”

Oh, and by the way, I don’t believe for a second that the bigotry in Ron Paul’s newsletters didn’t reflect his own views. In fact, one statement matches up quite well with what his former personal aide Eric Dondero told me over the weekend (and his staffers who wrote the newsletters, including the nutjob anti-Semite Lew Rockwell, supported David Duke).

Mr. Paul’s newsletters veered into language that would most likely appeal to Mr. Duke’s followers, including the suggestion in 1994 that Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service, was responsible for the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Typical Ron Paul nuttery and Jew-hatred. And making excuses for Arab Muslims at every opportunity.

Then, there’s this:

[Edward H.] Crane of the Cato Institute [the libertarian think tank] recalled comparing notes with Mr. Paul in the early 1980s about direct mail solicitations for money. When Mr. Crane said that mailing lists of people with the most extreme views seemed to draw the best response, Mr. Paul responded that he found the same thing with a list of subscribers to the Spotlight, a now-defunct publication founded by the Holocaust denier Willis A. Carto.

[Reached by the New York Times,] Mr. Paul . . . said he would not have a problem seeking support from such a list.

It’s bad enough that Ron Paul is revered by so many tea party activists and attendees, now this White version of Jeremiah Wright could win the Iowa GOP Caucuses.

G-d help us all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aYNLXYLM44c

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/27/2011 4:18:10 PM
Hello Peter,

You know if you take away the author's Bold Print which are words she added. There is not that much new incriminating information. IMV I also watched this video a couple of times and I actually agree with Dr. Paul's view point. We ought not be there in force and should bring them home. Why should we go broke being the "defender" of the "Free World"? It doesn't seem to be helping. IMV

Quote:
Hello Friends,

The below article from Debbie Schlussel is a report about information she received from a 17 year Ron Paul insider and close adviser. The information is definitely not complimentary to Ron Paul and is confirmation of what many of us already knew and now have further proof from inside information.

I've read in other threads articles supposedly attempting to discredit those opposed to Ron Paul. A perfect example of that would be the absolutely ridiculous claim of Ron Paul that Iran's leader Ahmadinejad never mentioned Iran's intention of removing Israel off the map. Here's a direct quote from the article.
Quote:
And then there is Dr. Paul’s position with respect to Iran. He recently urged his host in an interview “to understand that Iran’s leader, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, had never mentioned any intention of wiping Israel off the map.” Here, again, it’s notable that Rabinowitz doesn’t actually dispute this. Dr. Paul is, of course, correct. The claim that Iran has threatened to acquire nuclear weapons to “wipe Israel off the map” is a complete fabrication of Western media propaganda, and mainstream corporate news agencies know it is a fabrication, but repeat it obligatorily anyway.
. This is a prime example of obfuscation cos Ahmadinejad did indeed make numerous claims and threats to destroy Israel but the stupid qualification that he never said he'd do it with nuclear arms is supposed to prove he's not a threat and the kook Paul is correct. There is much proof and reports that Iran is on the verge of manufacturing 2 or 3 nuclear weapons. The latest UN report verifies that and if the UN was forced to report the truth then you know it's gotta be true. In any case a person who threatened to destroy Israel with conventional arms and with biological warfare will definitely be suspected of using nuclear arms if and when they acquire the capability to do so. Obfuscation with qualifications of this sort simply don't work and the lie that Ahmadinejad never said they want to destroy Israeli is just that a lie. And Ron Paul is guilty of that.

In any case the below article by Debbie Schlussel is definitely additional damning information on Ron Paul that is coming out slowly but surely. This time from a long time supporter, confidant and adviser.

Shalom,

Peter

December 26, 2011, - 2:29 pm

Ex-Ron Paul Aide to Schlussel: “He HATES Israel,” Banned Sympathy for 9/11 Victims/Support for US Military, Upset We Fought Nazis

By Debbie Schlussel

To all of the PaulNuts out there who argue that Ron Paul isn’t anti-Semitic or anti-Israel, just isolationist libertarian and doesn’t believe we should be involved in foreign policy, that’s just bunk. As I pointed out previously on this site, Paul, and the two equally nutty Republican Congressmen (including Palestinian Justin Amash) who support him for President, had the opportunity to vote to end U.S. aid to HAMAS, and they voted against it, choosing instead to continue to send your tax money to HAMAS and its supporters in Gaza. Ron Paul also proudly spoke at the openly pro-HAMAS/pro-Hezbollah Arab American Institute Leadership Conference (see the video of his pandering speech, below). That’s aside from Paul’s 9/11 trutherism and his constant blaming of America for 9/11 and the Muslim world hating us. It’s not to mention his constant defense of Iran, its funding of HAMAS and Hezbollah, and its acquisition of nuclear weapons. And don’t forget how Paul happily accepted campaign contributions from the owner of the anti-Semitic, racist, neo-Nazi Stormfront site. Now, there is more.

Ron Paul Poses @ Pro-HAMAS/Hezbollah Arab American Institute Conference

Over the weekend I received a statement from Eric Dondero, a libertarian Republican, who worked for Ron Paul for 17 years. Dondero, who now publishes the Libertarian Republican site, was Ron Paul’s personal assistant and worked on his various campaigns, etc. He had some very disturbing things to say about Ron Paul, his open support for the Palestinians and hatred of Israel, his opposition to fighting World War II, how he asked Dondero to wear a yarmulke and other adornments to a press conference to answer charges of Paul’s anti-Semitism, etc. Dondero also shows us how unprincipled Paul is. He claimed he was against the war in Iraq, and regardless of what you think of the war in hindsight, Paul changed his vote to protect his political career. He’s not the principled libertarian he claims he is. He’s just another political hack and opportunist, like almost everybody else in office. I don’t agree with Eric’s dismissal of the racist and anti-Semitic comments in the Ron Paul newsletters. Those are important. But so is this information from Eric. As you read Eric Dondero’s statement, remember that Eric occupied these positions in Ron Paul’s employ:

* Fmr. Senior Aide, US Cong. Ron Paul, 1997 – 2003
* Campaign Coordinator, Ron Paul for Congress, 1995/96
* National Organizer, Draft Ron Paul for President, 1991/92
* Travel Aide/Personal Asst. Ron Paul, Libertarian for President
1987/88

Here are some excerpts from the statement Eric Dondero sent me (all of the emphasis/bold-lettering was added by me):

He is . . . most certainly Anti-Israel, and Anti-Israeli in general. He wishes the Israeli state did not exist at all. He expressed this to me numerous times in our private conversations. His view is that Israel is more trouble than it is worth, specifically to the America taxpayer. He sides with the Palestinians, and supports their calls for the abolishment of the Jewish state, and the return of Israel, all of it, to the Arabs. . . .

On the incident that’s being talked about in some blog media about the campaign manager directing me to a press conference of our opponent Lefty Morris in Victoria to push back on Anti-Jewish charges from the Morris campaign, yes, that did happen. The Victoria Advocate described the press conference very accurately. Yes, I was asked (not forced), to attend the conference dressed in a Jewish yarlmuke, and other Jewish adornments. [DS: Eric Dondero's mother is Jewish, and, therefore, he is Jewish according to Jewish law, but does not identify as such, only as "half-Jewish."]

There was another incident when Ron finally agreed to a meeting with Houston Jewish Young Republicans at the Freeport office. He berated them, and even shouted at one point, over their un-flinching support for Israel. So, much so, that the 6 of them walked out of the office. I was left chasing them down the hallway apologizing for my boss. . . .

Ron Paul is most assuredly an isolationist. He denies this charge vociferously. But I can tell you straight out, I had countless arguments/discussions with him over his personal views. For example, he strenuously does not believe the United States had any business getting involved in fighting Hitler in WWII. He expressed to me countless times, that “saving the Jews,” was absolutely none of our business. When pressed, he often times brings up conspiracy theories like FDR knew about the attacks of Pearl Harbor weeks before hand, or that WWII was just “blowback,” for Woodrow Wilson’s foreign policy errors, and such.

I would challenge him, like for example, what about the instances of German U-boats attacking U.S. ships, or even landing on the coast of North Carolina or Long Island, NY. He’d finally concede that that and only that was reason enough to counter-attack against the Nazis, not any humanitarian causes like preventing the Holocaust. . . .

There is much more information I could give you on the sheer lunacy of his foreign policy views. Let me just concentrate on one in specific. And I will state this with absolute certainty:

Ron Paul was opposed to the War in Afghanistan, and to any military reaction to the attacks of 9/11.

He did not want to vote for the resolution. He immediately stated to us staffers, me in particular, that Bush/Cheney were going to use the attacks as a precursor for “invading” Iraq. He engaged in conspiracy theories including perhaps the [9/11] attacks were coordinated with the CIA, and that the Bush administration might have known about the attacks ahead of time. He expressed no sympathies whatsoever for those who died on 9/11, and pretty much forbade us staffers from engaging in any sort of memorial expressions, or openly asserting pro-military statements in support of the Bush administration. . . .

Ron was “under the spell” of left-anarchist and Lew Rockwell associate Joe Becker at the time, who was our legislative director. [DS: Lew Rockwell is an anti-Israel, anti-Semitic, isolationist libertarian nut.] Norm Singleton, another Lew Rockwell fanatic agreed with Joe. All other staffers were against Ron, Joe and Norm on this, including Lizardo. At the very last minute Ron switched his stance and voted “Yay,” much to the great relief of Jackie and I. He never explained why, but I strongly suspected that he realized it would have been political suicide; that staunchly conservative Victoria would revolt, and the Republicans there would ensure that he would not receive the nomination for the seat in 2002. Also, as much as I like to think that it was my yelling and screaming at Ron, that I would publicly resign if he voted “No,” I suspect it had a lot more to do with Jackie’s threat, for she WAS Victoria. And if Jackie bolted, all of the Victoria conservatives would immediately turn on Ron, and it wouldn’t be pretty.

If you take anything from this lengthy statement, I would hope that it is this final story about the Afghanistan vote, that the liberal media chooses to completely ignore, because it doesn’t fit their template, is what you will report.

If Ron Paul should be slammed for anything, it’s not some silly remarks he’s made in the past in his Newsletters. It’s over his simply outrageously horrendous views on foreign policy, Israel, and national security for the United States. His near No vote on Afghanistan. That is the big scandal. And that is what should be given 100 times more attention from the liberal media, than this Newsletter deal.

Thanks, Eric, for having the courage to shed more light on this fraud known as Ron Paul. Republicans in Iowa (and elsewhere) who vote for this clown are doing nothing to help America and everything to make sure that Barack Obama is President for eight years instead of just four. I would vote for any of the other potential Republican candidates for President against Barack Obama. But I would NEVER vote for Ron Paul. Never. I would simply abstain in the race.

There is a reason so many kooks, neo-Nazis, Stormfront crowd thugs, and–yes–even Muslims are supporters of Ron Paul. They know what he stands for. And so does Eric Dondero, who was his personal aide for over a decade.

Thankfully, Ron Paul will not be the GOP nominee or President of the United States. Anyone voting for him is simply helping to elevate the respectability of this anti-American, Israel-hating, pan-Arabist, pro-Iran fraud. And, again, they are helping to elevate the re-election chances of Barack Hussein Obama.

Here’s Ron Paul’s disgusting speech to the HAMAS and Hezbollah supporters at the Arab American Institute event dominated by Muslims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClLmm6TCFKg&feature=player_embedded

You can read the full report by Eric Dondero here.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/28/2011 10:49:29 AM
Hello Friends,

I've discussed Ron Paul's simplisticly naive and dangerous foreign policy quite extensively in previous posts. The many points I've discussed and mentioned in past posts and much more are summarized exceedingly well in the article by Joseph Klein.

It's covers many if not all of his dangerous views and would be policies, some that I didn't know about. The sources are based on his speeches in congress, others from his news letters, interviews, and speeches in other venues.

A very interesting article and worth reading.

Shalom,

Peter

Ron Paul’s Destructive Foreign Policy

Posted by Bio ↓ on Dec 28th, 2011

Rep. Ron Paul believes the United States is a greedy, militaristic empire that brought 9/11 upon itself. He believes that Iran poses no threat to U.S. or Israeli security and that Iran deserves to have a nuclear weapon if it wants one. As for Israel, he does not think it should have ever come into existence as a Jewish state. Nevertheless, Ron Paul, whose crackpot beliefs would be disastrous for the United States and the free world if ever implemented, is a serious contender for the GOP presidential nomination.

With money, good organization, a demagogic message that has a surface appeal to voters looking for a radical break with the status quo and an enthusiastic cadre of supporters fueling his campaign, Paul has vaulted into the top tier of Republican presidential candidates in the Iowa caucuses, which he could well win on January 3rd. He is virtually tied with Newt Gingrich for second place in New Hampshire after the heavy favorite, Mitt Romney. Overall, Paul is currently running third in the RealClearPolitics average of national polls.

Paul’s foreign policy philosophy hearkens back to the pre-World War II “America First” isolationist movement that was shattered with the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor. In fact, Paul would have been right at home in that movement. According to Eric Dondero, a former senior aide to the congressman, Paul believed that the United States had no business getting involved in fighting Hitler in World War II. “He expressed to me countless times, that ‘saving the Jews,’ was absolutely none of our business,” Dondero said. “When pressed, he often times brings up conspiracy theories like FDR knew about the attacks of Pearl Harbor weeks before hand.”

Paul has harbored similar conspiratorial thoughts about 9/11. Dondero said that his former boss

engaged in conspiracy theories including perhaps the attacks were coordinated with the CIA, and that the Bush administration might have known about the attacks ahead of time. He expressed no sympathies whatsoever for those who died on 9/11, and pretty much forbade us staffers from engaging in any sort of memorial expressions…

Paul was opposed to the war in Afghanistan from the outset, and to any military reaction to the attacks of 9/11, according to Dondero. It was only after feeling intense political heat from his home district that Paul reluctantly reversed his initial opposition to the resolution authorizing military action in Afghanistan and decided at the last minute to vote “yes.”

In Ron Paul’s Blame America world view, the U.S. military, which conquered fascism and has since World War II helped to liberate many millions of people from the cruel grip of totalitarian communism, fanatical jihadism and secular dictatorships, is somehow the world’s greatest source of evil and conflict in the world.

“Just come home,” Paul has repeatedly intoned, echoing George McGovern’s 1972 campaign slogan “Come Home, America.” A President Ron Paul would gut the nation’s defenses and homeland security as he carries out his promises to drastically cut military spending and to repeal what he has called the “police state” Patriot Act.

It’s no surprise that the left-wing, anti-American Code Pink likes Paul’s message. Code Pink activist Liz Hourican told FoxNews.com that the “Ron Paul people are closer and closer to our talking points with each election.”

Paul also has other friends on the hard Left such as Tom Hayden, who wrote:

Paul opposes the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. He opposes the empire of military bases. He opposes Wall Street thievery, tax subsidies for oil companies, the suppression of WikiLeaks, the drug war and the criminalization of marijuana. Those positions might just save America.

At the same time, Paul’s message is in sync with that of the paleoconservative, Israel-hating isolationist Pat Buchanan. Consider, for example, their common perspective on 9/11. Buchanan said that “Terrorism is the price of empire. They were over here because we were over there.” Paul has attributed the al Qaeda attack to America’s interventionist actions in Muslim lands and to our support for Israel.

In a speech he delivered on the floor of the House of Representatives in January 2003, for example, Paul said:

We believe bin Laden when he takes credit for an attack on the West, and we believe him when he warns us of an impending attack, but we refuse to listen to his explanation of why he and his allies are at war with us. Bin Laden claims are straightforward. The U.S. defiles Islam with bases on the Holy Land and Saudi Arabia, its initiation of war against Iraq, with 12 years of persistent bombing, and its dollars and weapons being used against the Palestinians, as the Palestinian territory shrinks and Israel’s occupation expands.

As for Osama bin Laden, whom our Navy Seals dispatched last spring, Ron Paul criticized the one decision that Barack Obama got right. Paul said he would not have authorized the mission, arguing that killing bin Laden was unnecessary and that he has “respect for the rule of law.”

Ron Paul remains steadfast in denouncing U.S. foreign policy as one of occupation that justifies what he has referred to as the terrorists’ “blowback” response. During a CNN-Tea Party Republican presidential debate last September, for example, Paul stated that

we’re under great threat because we occupy so many countries… We have to be honest with ourselves. What would we do if another country, say China, did to us what we do to all those countries over there?

Anti-American guru Noam Chomsky claimed that what Paul said was “completely uncontroversial.”

It may be “uncontroversial” to Chomsky, as well as to Pat Buchanan who thinks 9/11 was the price we paid for empire-building. But it is way out of the mainstream to most Americans.

As the New York Times put it in a front page article on December 26th about Ron Paul’s campaign, Paul and his closest political allies have “sought to forge a movement from the nether region of American politics, where the far right and the far left sometimes converge.”

Ron Paul does not only attribute al Qaeda’s terrorist attacks to American foreign policy. He also blames America and Israel for frightening Iran into taking defensive actions to protect itself. When asked how he might deter Iran if it ever did pose a threat, Paul said “maybe offering friendship to them.”

While defending the terrorist-sponsoring Iranian regime’s right to seek nuclear arms, he denies that Iran’s nuclear enrichment program is anything to worry about. He says there is no credible evidence that Iran is advancing towards achieving a nuclear bomb capability, despite a disturbing report to the contrary issued last month by the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The IAEA report found that there was information indicating Iran was conducting activities “specific to nuclear weapons.” The IAEA was particularly concerned about “activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile.”

Nevertheless, in the face of such evidence, Paul asserted, “we’re claiming that they’re gonna build a nuclear weapon and there’s no evidence for this.” Speaking directly to Rep. Michele Bachmann during the December 15th Fox News debate after she confronted him with the IAEA report regarding Iran’s progress towards nuclear weaponization, Paul said that the IAEA “produced information that led you to believe that, but they have no evidence.”

During the August 11, 2011 GOP presidential debate in Iowa, Paul tried to justify Iran’s aggressive posture towards the United States: “We started it in 1953 when we sent in a coup, installed the Shah, and the reaction — the blowback came in 1979. It’s been going on and on because we just plain don’t mind our own business. That’s our problem.”

Paul went on during this same debate to treat Iran like a mama bear just trying to protect her cubs. He asked rhetorically, “Why wouldn’t it be natural that they might want a weapon? Internationally, they’d be given more respect.”

During the Fox News debate on December 15th, Paul repeated his defense of Iran’s right to pursue a nuclear weapons capability and pointed to what happened to Muammar Qaddafi after he abandoned Libya’s nuclear program:

So the fact that they are surrounded, they have a desire. And how do we treat people when they have a nuclear weapon? With a lot more respect. What did we do with Libya? We talked to them. We talked them out of their nuclear weapon. And then we killed them.

Appearing on the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ radio show earlier this month, Paul called allegations that Iran had attempted to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States a “propaganda stunt” of the Obama administration.

In fact, Paul has run interference in Congress for the Iranian Islamist regime for years – so much so that Iran’s state television has run admiring stories about him under headlines such as “Ron Paul Blasts U.S. Policy on Iran.”

In 2005, for example, Paul was the only Republican lawmaker who refused to vote for a resolution condemning Iran’s President Ahmadinejad after he said “Israel should be wiped off the map,” and predicted that “Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation.”

On June 19, 2009, the House voted to pass H Res 560 by a 405 to 1 margin, with Ron Paul casting the only vote in opposition. The resolution was entitled: “Expressing support for all Iranian citizens who embrace the values of freedom, human rights, civil liberties, and rule of law, and for other purposes.”

Paul opposes economic sanctions against the Iranian regime. In 2010, he led the opposition to the “Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability and Divestment Act.” He explained his position to the House as follows:

I rise in strong opposition. I object to this entire push for war on Iran, however it is disguised. . . We need to see all this for what it is: Propaganda to speed us to war against Iran for the benefit of special interests. . . A vote for sanctions on Iran is a vote for war against Iran.

In Paul’s mind, the “special interests” pushing for war against Iran include Israel. While he claimed in a recent interview with Newsmax that he was a friend of Israel, during a 2009 appearance on the Iranian government owned PressTV station he called Gaza a “concentration camp,” which he blamed on Israel, and criticized American foreign policy for “blindly” supporting Israel.

Earlier this year, Paul offered an amendment to cut off $6 billion in U.S. aid specifically to Israel and three other countries, lumping Israel with Pakistan.

“Why do we have this automatic commitment that we’re going to send our kids and send our money endlessly to Israel?” Paul asked in a November 22, 2011 Republican presidential debate on CNN.

Eric Dondero, Ron Paul’s former senior aide, has written that Paul is uncategorically anti-Israel:

He wishes the Israeli state did not exist at all. He expressed this to me numerous times in our private conversations. His view is that Israel is more trouble than it is worth, specifically to the America taxpayer. He sides with the Palestinians, and supports their calls for the abolishment of the Jewish state, and the return of Israel, all of it, to the Arabs.

Such views and actions directed against Israel by Ron Paul are perfectly consistent with the Israel-bashing that has appeared in newsletters published under Paul’s name and written in the first person over two decades. One of these jewels, dealing with the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, hypothesized that it might have been “a setup by the Israeli Mossad.”

Paul has disavowed any involvement in these newsletters’ racist, anti-Semitic content, as recently as last week during a heated CNN interview which Paul cut short in a huff. Nevertheless, Reuters is now reporting that a letter appearing to have been signed by Ron Paul himself has surfaced promoting the controversial newsletters. The letter states that “as the only former high official to publish a financial letter, I supply facts and analysis available nowhere else.” It goes on to boast that “I’ve laid bare,” among other things, the “Israeli lobby, which plays Congress like a cheap harmonica.”

Is it any wonder that Ron Paul’s campaign has appealed to anti-Semitic, white supremacists? When he ran for president in 2008, he received a donation from a prominent white supremacist and former Ku Klux Klan grandmaster. The campaign did not return the donation even after it was made aware of the donor’s neo-Nazi connections. Moreover, the Paul campaign did not remove a link from the white supremacist website, Stormfront, to a Ron Paul fundraising site from which prospective donors could click into the Ron Paul 2008 donation page on the official campaign site. Stormfront commentators continue to support Paul this time around, which the “libertarian” candidate has done little to discourage. While Paul claims to reject white supremacists’ extremists views, he does not reject their support. “If they want to endorse me, they’re endorsing what I do or say – it has nothing to do with endorsing what they say,” Paul said.

It is tempting to treat Ron Paul like the kooky uncle whom you tolerate but try to ignore at family occasions. However, as he rises in the polls and could run a formidable campaign as an independent if he loses the GOP nomination, Paul’s crackpot brand of Blame America, Excuse the Enemy foreign policy is far too dangerous to dismiss.

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!