Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: POLL -PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW ... PERSON OF THE MONTH - POTM OR ........
9/5/2008 9:08:37 AM

Hi Joyce,

You' shouldn't be forgetting at your young age. :)

Your friendship and support is appreciated.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Heidi Stern

607 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/5/2008 9:08:57 AM

One more note if I may,

I was also having issues with notifications, mailings, and posts. I resolved this issue by changing my email address. And holy wow am I getting notified now! lol

Heidi Stern ~ Your Friend in Wellness
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2008 9:16:19 AM

Hi Team,  I understand your concern as we all feel that forums receive little support anymore.

Here are some thoughts to share with you for your consideration.

>>Your profile reveals that you have 83 friends and of those only 64 are active (many  have not been here for several months).  Of those 64 not all post in forums and perhaps even have all their mail shut off. I just checked and found that I was not on your friends list, so I arrive for the vote and congratulaltions via another invite. New people do not know how to do that, necessarily.

When John started, it looks like he had over 1,400 in his friends list.  Please PLEASE do not be telling people their are 85,000 members here, as we all know that is the number who visited here and put something in their profile page. Invite 100 people and you will hear from about 10.  Of ten, 1 will stick around for awhile.  Right now we lost a lot of people because of some crises in a top business where a lot of people got hurt. Thus they leave here and network marketing.

To build a large friends list, most of use set a portion of everyday to add new people to our list of friends.  Bless you team but you all have a business to run and you own forums to monitor.

>>Your profile could hold a little more information for those who come across you profile pic.  For example it could have the url for voting.  You could have the use of the blog to explain about the procedure for voting and the benefits of being POTW.

>>We have far too many award forums.  It is impossible to be backers and promoters of so many.

>>A special profile pic with some type of symbol might draw more attention.

Please accept these suggestions in the spirit of caring about our community.  POTW brings many new people to our community and gives press to one special person every week, so  I offer them to assist in your decision making.

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/5/2008 9:19:44 AM

Hi Peter Jim & Anamaria,

I have voted to keep the POTW Award as a weekly event, because this way a lot more members have a greater chance of receiving recognition for their contribution to Adlandpro.

Also there are a number of monthly awards including my own JP Award that features members on a monthly basis, I am not being negative but as Joe Downing has already pointed out the recent problems with logging in and receiving email notifications may have had something to do with it.

As Joe has also mentioned that there are 85,000 members only a small fraction are active, I estimate that only 10% of the total membership uses the site on a regular basis.  I feel that the main problem is that new members are overwhelmed by the amount of email messages they receive, so they login and cancel all notification messages!

I for one can't understand this because all they have to do with any message they receive that they don't want to read is to delete it.  Also adlandpro is very easy to use when you have taken the time to read the user information that is sent to new members.

I can only assume that 50% of new members are dyslexic or the more common malaise called "Thick as Pig Shit" so until they learn who to get the best out of the site, the problem will remain.  I have even got my own help forum for any adlandpro member who wants to ask a question, but even this forum is not visited on a regular basis.

So in conclusion you must realise that you are only going to attract 10 to 20% of members at any given time, so keep up your good work on a weekly basis and ask Bogdan to get rid of the opt out on forum notifications, because thats the only way things will improve.

But having said that adlandpro will loose a large number of members due to the loss of this facility, so please keep the POTW as a weekly event and just hope that we get some new members who have more than one brain cell.

Best Wishes

John. 

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2008 9:26:54 AM

Hi Judy,

I agree, it saddens me too and that's why we're trying to find a solution to the problem.

Are you a member of the feature of the week forum??? If you are you should be getting the notifications for all the threads each week. Same goes for the Photo of the week. Just click on "add to favorites" in both forums and you should get the email notifications.

As I wrote over the past weeks Adland has experienced some problems and many emails didn't go out in addition to difficulties logging on. That is part of the problem but not all of it for sure.

We certainly appreciate your support and friendship.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!