Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
JEN MAXWELL IS THE 155th PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW
8/9/2008 7:56:34 AM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 155th Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Jen maxwell is the 155th Person of the Week

Jen Maxwell

Jen Maxwell

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

In the past 350 post were the minimum requirement, we

aren't locked in on that number but a minimum of 300 posts

is mandatory. Posts that are mainly advertising posts will not

be considered.

Please note highly visible with a positive influence in and on

the community means just that. You have to have an active

forum and/or be active in community forums that are not ad

threads.

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Jen Maxwell.
Jen is involved in the community and is seen everywhere supporting and posting in many forums. 

Jen is a very interesting and active member of our community . Jen is a very friendly caring person and is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Congratulations Jen Maxwell

on your POTW win! Wink

Jen Maxwell 

Here's Jen Maxwell's Bio:
Oh boy!  I am truly honoured to be chosen for
this award, while totally unprepared.

So how do I pack 65 years into a concise paragraph
or two?  I'll give you the highlights:

Born in Port Elizabeth, South Africa and ran wild on
our farm until I was shipped off to boarding school
at the tender age of 5.  Drove my sister, the nuns
and my parents demented with my crying every day
and running down the avenue after the truck when
my Mum and Dad came to visit.  After 1.5 years of
this they sold the farm and moved to Port Elizabeth.

Loved sports, hated school, got into trouble for smokingand had my Prefect's badge taken away twice.  Lookingback it seems I had a split personality, one side of mevery good, and the other mischievious.

Started as a travel agent straight from matriculating andended up staying in the industry for 39 years.  Moved to Canada in February 1978 and have lived in Calgary eversince. 

Sold my travel agency and our house, bought a lovelypiece of property in Baja Sur, drove a 33' Penthouse5th-wheel from Calgary and lived in the trailer for nearlya year.  Met wonderful people we are still good friends with today, 6 years later.  Rushed back to Canada and got here the day our first grandchild was born, and there was no leaving to move to Baja after this event!

Now we have another grandchild and both our sons are married and well settled.

This year has been a traumatic one for losing friends tocancer, and when you have been friends for 55 years they are impossible to replace.  Attended a funeral yesterday for Dawn Millar who we have known and loved since arriving in Canada.  This is the only part of reaching those twilight years that I am not happy about.

My husband is an addict;  alcohol and gambling.  We lost everything, and I do mean everything except our family. Any of you who have experienced loving an addict know all about what it's like.  The broken promises, lies, stealing, driving drunk, no money to pay any bills, borrowing from one credit card to pay another and on and on.  Phoning hospitals and police stations at 1am, terrified of what might have happened and at the same time a voice in your head saying, "Wouldn't it be better if he did kill himself?"

Finally, the knock on the door (we had no telephone) to learn he was in ICU having almost succeeded in committing suicide.  The break from reality, falling on my knees and begging God for help.  Realising that no matter what my husband had done in his illness was nothing compared to my love for him.

It has been a very long road back, with slips and slides along the way, but we have both learnt so much about ourselves and each other.  My hubby went into rehab 2 years ago; a very different type of rehab approach in that he was taught cognitive therapy to deal with life as up to then he didn't have the right tools.  I am so proud of him as he is now a Facilitator for SMART Recovery, and I have my wonderful man back.

Everything that has gone before has made me the person I am today, and probably the reason I work with the business I chose.  Every new day is a blessing for me as well as for my family.

Thank you for letting me share.  I love you all.

Jen

It is time to congratulate Jen on her POTW win. Please invite
Jen to join your list of friends if she isn't already on it.

Jen Maxwell,

Ana Maria, Jim and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and Queen of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: JEN MAXWELL IS THE 155th PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW
8/9/2008 8:42:47 AM
Hi Peter, Jim, and Ana Maria,

Great job.

Congratulations  Jen Maxwell.  Hated school, I can relate to that one.

Not only do I congratulate you for POTW, but also for staying with your husband through the rough times, that to me, is a true love story.  I am so happy for you.

Enjoy your week Queen Jen, because you certainly deserve it.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Dennis Turner

372 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/9/2008 8:54:24 AM

Congratulations Jen!

What an inspiration to us all!

Dennis

Free tools to build your online and/or offline business: http://www.freesuccesstool.net Providing Health & Wealth: http://www.wealth.glbpro.com Low cost domain names, web hosting, and more http://www.d9domains.com Hot reseller business: http://www.d9domains.biz
+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/9/2008 9:22:35 AM

Sunny Greetings from Central Valley of California to Everyone!

Thank you, Peter, Jim, and Ana-Maria, for this special forum. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Jen, Congratulations for being voted the 155th Person Of  The Week, POTW !!!
Welcome to the club!
You have had a very interesting life. I admire your tremendous positive attitude, strength and courage to deal with the ups and downs of life. Please accept my condolences for the loss of your close friend of 55 years.

I am glad that you now have your husband back.
I am so happy for you.

Thank you for letting your friends get to know you a little better.

Also, thank you for being my friend,

Have a Grand  Time in the Spotlight!

I brought you some virtually fresh tropical fruits from Thailand to celebrate your special event. They are my favorite fruits.
I hope you'll like them, too.

(Photos courtesy of Melissa's/World Variety Produce, Inc. in California, USA)

P.S. For info about fresh tropical fruits from Thailand, please click on the following link: 
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/29033/ShowForum.asp

Have an Awesome Weekend!

JoAnne Green
Principal / International Risk Management Advisor
Integrity 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Experience 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Dependability

Click the Banner Below:

Wherever you are in the world,
our worldwide travel assistance is
by your side 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2404 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2008 10:24:36 AM
Congratulations Jen!

I'm very happy for you.

I hope that the love and happiness that is shared in your celebration forum will help you to cope with the loss of your friend.

Your friend will remain a smile in your heart.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!