Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 142ND PERSON OF THE WEEK - GERRI DECHER
5/5/2008 8:47:26 PM
Hullo Carla,

Eastern Grey Kangaroo

Thanks for your wishes, I wish I could throw a 'barbie' and invite all you great people over.
Blessings, Gerri

+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/5/2008 8:55:42 PM
Hi Linda,

Qld Ulysses Butterfly

Thank you Linda for your kindness,
Blessings, Gerri
+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/5/2008 9:19:45 PM
Judy, now you are one gorgeous 'bird' and no apology needed. Crikey I can relate to the time thingy.
I can't help but send you some of our gorgeous Australian birds.
Enjoy, Gerri

+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/5/2008 11:06:55 PM
Hi Everyone,
For those interested, here is a little more on where I live and my environment.
Cheers, Gerri

Alva Beach
ALVA BEACH, QLD. AUSTRALIA

Holiday hideaway and adventure site

JUST 15km from Ayr is a secluded beach that offers everything from fishing to adventure water sports.

Alva Beach truly does cater for a diversity of holiday pleasures. It has long been known as a great spot to potter around doing some fishing, but is also the perfect point to set off on a dive tour to the S.S. Yongala , said to be one of the best dive sites in the world and situated only 20 minutes from Alva Beach. These days, this quiet little part of the world also has a reputation as a top spot for the exciting sport of kiteboarding.

In fact, there’s a kiteboarding club there and you might even meet overseas folk who are there just for this air-and-water sport! Alva Beach usually has a breeze, without being too windy. It’s just one of those places that’s perfect for the sport. You get plenty of air because of small waves breaking off the bar. The narrow channel isn’t too deep, so it’s easy to get started. And a sandbar runs parallel with the beach for about 5km, protecting the water and giving a smooth surface that’s perfect for boarding. Also, 4WDs are allowed on the beach, which makes it a breeze to unload your board.

There’s actually about 23km of beach running up to the Cape Bowling Green lighthouse, so this area really has space to spread out! Alva Beach itself is patrolled by lifesavers on the weekends and school holidays. The whole area is still very natural and peaceful. The only accommodation is at Alva Beach Tourist Park, open all year round. There are caravan and camping sites, a camp kitchen, on-site vans and en suite cabins – all just five minutes’ walk from the beach.

Guests always comment on the lovely sites at the park, and there are free gas barbecues. The park is 16km from town so has a little shop that carries a few essentials including bait, ice, gas, cool drinks and icecreams.

Some of the fishing enthusiasts stay for six months at a time! There’s a lot of fishing to experience – beach, estuary and creek fishing. The little lagoon, which is part of the waterways of the area, is very popular for fishing.

Go beach walking on the coral sands and enjoy the calm swimming at this unspoiled little paradise.

While you’re there, spare a thankful thought for the little community that keeps the area so lovely. Alva Beach has just 129 residents, but what the community lacks in size it makes up for in enthusiasm. Alva Beach won the 2005 Keep Australia Beautiful Clean Beach Challenge’s Beach Spirit Award for north Queensland because of the community involvement doing regular beach clean-ups and the big efforts made by the lifesavers who sometimes have to move their patrols long distances to offer their free service.

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/6/2008 12:59:37 AM
My Dearest Gerri !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!