Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Re: MASTERS MONDAY PROFILE OF THE DAY ~ 04-07-2008
4/11/2008 8:43:37 AM
Hey Tony, looks like you aren't the only one who scored a hole-in-one this week. Thanks all for your contributions, Steve

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aPImj1a37XZk

Poulter Gets Masters Golf Souvenir With Hole-in-One at Augusta

By Michael Buteau

April 10 (Bloomberg) -- Ian Poulter walked off the course at the Augusta National Golf Club today with a rare souvenir: a hole-in-one ball that helped put him high on the Masters Tournament leaderboard.

The 32-year-old Englishman aced the par-3 16th hole during the first round when his 8-iron shot from 169 yards hit the green and tracked 25 feet into the cup.

When he finished his 2-under-par 70 opening round to briefly share the lead, Poulter's first mission was to locate the keepsake.

``I asked my caddie at the back of 18, `Where did you put that ball?''' Poulter said in a press conference. ``And he said, `It's the one in your hand.'''

It wasn't.

Poulter had bogeyed the 17th hole and switched his ball for a new one on the 18th tee.

``I always change after a bogey,'' said Poulter, who has three holes-in-one in competition. ``So he dived straight back in his pocket and found it. I'll stick it in the trophy cabinet.''

Golf tradition calls for a player who makes an ace to buy drinks in the clubhouse for everyone, an honor Poulter said he would likely pass.

``I don't know if I can afford that, can I?'' asked Poulter, who designs his own clothing line and has earned more than $1 million on the course the past two years.

He said he's never worn a green jacket, such as the one given to the Masters champion, but could come up with a pair of slacks to match if he wins the tournament in three days.

`Shade of Green'

``I might have a shade of green to go with the jacket on Sunday but we'll see whether it comes out; hopefully it does,'' Poulter said.

In addition to his golf ball, Poulter receives a large crystal bowl (for a hole-in-one) and a pair of crystal goblets (for an eagle) from the club for his achievement. It was his second eagle in four Masters appearances, the first ace at the Grand Slam tournament in three years and the 19th overall.

Poulter is known for his spiked hair and plaid pants. He also made news with recent comments about four-time Masters winner Tiger Woods.

In a March issue of Golf World magazine's European edition, on which he appeared nude standing behind a golf bag, Poulter said that when he plays to his potential ``it will just be me and Tiger.''

The comments created a stir among golfers and fans. Poulter, who has seven career victories and is ranked 24th in the world, was asked about the issue again today following his round.

`No. 2'

``I think I've weathered it pretty good,'' Poulter said. ``I was basically saying how good Tiger was and how achievable I really think it is to get to the No. 2 spot. That's what I'm trying to achieve right now.''

Even Woods, the winner of 13 major tournaments, has joked with Poulter.

``Tiger laughs all the time about it,'' Poulter said. ``He keeps calling me `No. 2,' which is nice. I guess I've just got to keep playing better golf and I might get there.''

To contact the reporter on this story: Michael Buteau in Augusta, Georgia at mbuteau@bloomberg.net.

Last Updated: April 10, 2008 16:24 EDT
Adlandpro is one of my fave sites as the people are fanta-bulous, the networking is great, having a place to share ads and info rocks! For over 20 years now I've been part of a huge T.E.A.M., where "Together Everyone Achieves More." Our dreams and goals are to help as many folks succeed as possible no matter what occupation or biz you are in. I have 3 main blogs or websites, including expertise in blogging, forums, communities, network marketing, social networking, advertising, lead generation, SEO & more. Love connecting with like-minded individuals. Thanks so much, Mark Stephen Hauser of http://www.facebook.com/martinezshopper and my main blog https://martinezshopperdotws.blogspot.com/
+0
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Re: MASTERS MONDAY PROFILE OF THE DAY ~ 04-07-2008
4/11/2008 3:30:56 PM

Stephen,

Awesome Monday POTD , I somehow am not able to find  Tues - Fridays  this week invites or in the forums ?  I have fallen behind my apologizes my friend . Have a great weekend Gods speed :-) Lee

CONGRATULATIONS Tony !

I hope you have had a great time as Mondays Master POTD Have a great weekend Gods speed :-) Lee

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!