Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 19th DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN OF THE WEEK - DGOTW
3/25/2008 5:19:34 PM

Hello to All our Adland friends from Joelee & Peter Fogel.

This is the 19th of many results of your voting for the Distinguished Gentleman Of The Week (DGOTW).

We all participated in this forum in order to honor
the many Gentlemen that shine and contribute to
our community in their own special way.

All of us have talents and we all contribute to this wonderful community in our own way and it's only right to honor those whose "light shines" so bright amongst us. All the best to all of you, Peter Fogel.

The definition of Gentleman is:  A man with reference to his strength, of an ideal type, well-intentioned, a perfect gentleman at all times.

So without further ado (drum rolls) Let me introduce our 19th winner of the DGOTW award my very good friend

Michael Caron

Visit Mike C's. Forum

The Poll for the 20th Distinguished Gentleman Of The Week
DGOTW is open please cast your vote for the candidate of your choice.

Joelee & Peter Fogel

Please visit our new DGOTW Blog. Your comments would be appreciated.

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 19th DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN OF THE WEEK - DGOTW
3/25/2008 6:22:54 PM

Thanks Lee & Peter, Excellent Job as always!

CONGRATULATIONS

Mike

My Friend

You Are Definitely A Gentleman

And

A Great Friend As Well

You Often Make Us Laugh,

Sometimes Make Us Cry,

But You Always Make Us Think.

Enjoy Your Week To Shine My Friend!

God Bless,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Sheryl Loch

1260 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/25/2008 7:09:18 PM

~*~Congratulations  Mike ~*~

You have joined a great group of guys!

Enjoy the day,

Sheryl Loch

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2008 7:40:02 PM
Hi Mike

Way to Go!!

Congratulations!! They couldnt have chosen better!

Saludos
Jenny
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2008 12:54:01 AM
Walking Garbage CanWOW!!  I'm so happy I could POOP!!!I'm GassyOOOOOps!!  I just did.  And who said I'm not a gentleman.  One day I was on an elevator.  I had just left a Mexican restaurant and I broke wind.  A gentleman behind me poked me with his finger and said, "How dare you break wind before my wife!!!"  I apologized and told her that I would wait until she broke wind before I did it again.  Yes Phil, over the years I have made people laugh as well as cry.  I have made a lot of friends and unfortunetly lost some as well.  It is sad when you cause people to resent you for being straight forward, however I can be no other way.  I am the youngest of ten children.  My older brothers and sisters were much more educated than I and all had great paying jobs, however they lacked the ability to see the humourous side of life.  They were too busy making that extra dollar to even enjoy it.  Flowers were not brightly colored in their world and birds did not have a cheerful sound.  Most important of all, and sad as well, was the fact that people around them came in different colors, had different thoughts and ideas on various subjects and most were not to be trusted.  I never have nor never could live in that world.  GOD made us all equal without exceptions.  We all have one thing in common.  We all have feelings.  If I meet a girl that is very pretty or has a beautiful smile or sparkling eyes, I will tell her so.  If I meet a man that is very intelligent or has charisma I don't mind complimenting him.  The one thing that I would never do is follow that up with a label.  By that I mean, "You have beautiful, sparkling eyes for a -------person."  I put that in as I feel to fill that in with any random wording would be singling out a particular etnic group which I choose not to do.  Without going into a long drawn out explanation I will say that in my earlier years I was teased by school mates and learned a valuable lesson.  The hurt that you suffer inside lasts a lifetime. 
  When Joe Lee informed me that I had won this honor, I also had instructions on how to except the write-up that went with it.  I apologize to both Joe Lee and Peter Fogel as I could not follow the instructions give.  There are some instructions that I still don't seem to get the hang of.  Let's see, first, wet your finger, find the light socket and stick your finger where?
ElectricMy birthday is March 29th.  This honor is the best present that I could possibly have gotten by far.  I will treasure this always.  I treasure all of the friends that I have made in this community and do understand that at times I can appear to be arrogant, overly sensitive on certain issues, and perhaps a little too quick to seek help when I'm feeling sick or depressed.  {Those are usually times when I look in the mirror and notice that I still have the same face.} Some have noticed that I will quickly respond to negative remarks made about my wife Shirley.  I will not apologize for that.  Ours is a community of diverse culture and mannerisims.  We need to all understand that comments that we take for granted can have an entirely different meaning in a different culture and rather than make unnecessary crude remarks towards others we must do our best to bridge the cultural gap.  We as Americans want everyone to think as we do.  It is time that we choose to learn from others rather than have them learn from us. 
 Those of you that may not be my friend as yet, I invite you to invite me to be friends.  Any country, any language.  The most important message that I would like to leave you with at this point is to direct your attention to a gentleman that through his own life style is in my opinion the epitamy of what a True Gentleman is.  If my very good friend Robert Coaster had not nominated me for this honor I would not be having the best birthday of my life right now.  I thank you Robert, from the bottom of my heart, for being a true friend.

GOD BLESS YOU

MIKE
Easter Cross

http://countryvalues65.tripod.com
http://yagatta.com/signup/friend_YagattaknowMike
http://www.ojeez.com/musicmike64
http://www.ojeez.com/networks/familyvaluespromotions

(P.S. Please nominate people for this forum and support Joe Lee and Peter Fogel for the Great job that they are doing here.)
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!