Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
THREE GREAT MASTERS' NATIVITY PAINTINGS II
12/24/2007 7:48:23 PM

Dear Adland Friends,

On the occasion of this Christmas Holidays, as in the last year, I would like to present three great painter's master pieces centered on the Nativity of the Lord. The three of them are oils on canvas. While not very known to the general public, they are among the most beautiful religious paintings ever made. I hope you will like and feel inspired by them. (NOTE: You may click on the images to enlarge them.)

The first, "Nativity", is a precious masterwork of 256,5 x 188 cm painted between 1528 and 1530 by the Italian Mannerist painter Correggio (Antonio Allegri) and preserved at the Gemaldegalerie in Dresden (Germany).

Nativity (Holy Night)
by Correggio

The second, "Adoration of the Shepherds", is a majestic master work by the Rococo Era painter Jean-Honore Fragonard (painted 1689). This relatively small, just
73 x 93 cm in size, but wonderful masterpiece may be viewed at the Musée du Louvre, Paris.

Adoration of the Shepherds
by Jean-Honore Fragonard

The third, also titled "Adoration of the Shepherds", is another precious oil on canvas painted in 1750 by the also French Rococo Era painter Francois Boucher. The painting is one of his rare works of religious subject. It is treasured in the Musée des Beaux-Arts at Lyon (France).

Adoration of the Shepherds

by Francois Boucher

This time too I have avoided including too many technical data and information about the authors, as I just wanted to provide you with some particularly beautiful paintings of the Nativity of the Lord.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THREE GREAT MASTERS' NATIVITY PAINTINGS II
12/24/2007 8:03:53 PM
They are wonderful. Thank you.
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2007 11:35:30 PM

Hello Luis,

I enjoyed the pictures very much. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2007 7:51:07 AM
Greetings this Christmas morning to all, Luis what a beautiful present you have sent us here in Adlandpro. You have shared something rare and beautiful. I have never seen any of the 3 painting renditions of the birth of Christ. Correggio's version brings to mind the message of good news "Jesus is the light of the world". I am taken by the beauty and perfection of the last painting and may have seen on a Sunday School bulletin in my childhood. All are a fantastic expression of why we celebrate Christmas as expressed in both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. May you have a blessed holiday.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!