Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THREE GREAT MASTERS' NATIVITY PAINTINGS II
12/25/2007 5:00:59 PM

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for coming by. You honor us with your presence.

I am also very happy that you feel inspired and warmed by the Nativity paintings. It was something like that that I had in mind in selecting them.

I was taking another look at your websites, particularly the ones recommended by you at your POTW nomination party, and I must congratulate you anew, this time for their presentation and contents.

Thank you again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo 

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/25/2007 5:49:19 PM
Thank you Luis for these special paintings, such beautiful warmth, especially for me the 'Adoration of the Shepherds'.

Brightest Blessings, Gerri
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2007 9:14:35 PM

Dear Georgios,

How kind of you to accept my special invitation to a dear friend.

You are right in what you say. Religion means re-unification, not division. I was born in the Catholic faith and remain a Catholic, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t recognize that we Catholics are most frequently intolerant. I am pretty sure Our Lord did not want that for us, but to accept instead all genuine forms of sincere adoration. He Himself was not a Christian, for all I know. His apostles had various beliefs themselves. There is every reason to think John was a Gnostic, and very likely Thomas was a Gnostic as well. Some of them were Jewish; some seem to have been Essenian. There was even a publican among them, and publicans were reputed to be atheists. And He united all of them under a Teaching that in a way was new but, at the same time, eternal.

How impressive it is that Jesus the Christ was born over two thousand years ago but his teachings and life are still influencing the history of the humanity. I am also sure that despite of all the apparent hatred and division among the different denominations and sects, God’s plan for that half of the world that in some way or other follows His teachings, and through this half to the whole world, is somehow being fulfilled.

Sincerely,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo    

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2007 9:24:57 PM
Thank YOU Steven.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2007 10:01:34 PM

Dear Jenny,

I am so happy that you have visited; your kind words are most appreciated. Needless to say, I too wish you a Happy Christmas and a great year 2008.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

PS. This time I would like to present you with another beautiful sample of Correggio's wonderful paintings titled "The Adoration of The Child" (actually my favorite in its simplicity and beauty). Please accept it.

Correggio - The Adoration of The Child

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!