Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Come celebrate the presentation of AdlandPro's 115th Person of the Week award!!!
10/7/2007 9:34:41 PM

Person of the Week    NUMBER 115!!! Person of the Week

Myspace LayoutsMyspace Layouts

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and Pauline Raina!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

POTW forum Partners Pauline Raina and John Sanchez

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

This week we are featuring a dear lady from the country of Greece, her name is Dimitra Bravou. Dimitra had to overcome some tough situations in her life which she has shared in her enlightening Bio. She’s an example of a strong human spirit who doesn’t give up when faced with adversity. We're proud to be awarding the Person of the Week award to this wonderful lady. Congratulations Dimitra! Enjoy your week on the most prominent stage of AdlandPro!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket  Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's Dimitra's Bio:

Hi friends,

It’s a great honor to be here. Thank you all!

My name is Dimitra. Here is: my life in 4 parts as I use to say (up to now of course!!!)

Part 1.  I was born in a little village, over the mountains, in central Greece. The name of my village is MIKRO CHORIO and means exactly LITTLE VILLAGE!

I was the 6th of 7 children in my family. As a little child I was completely free to do anything I wanted or at least this is the way I felt those days. Free to walk in the forest or in the fields, watching everything in the nature around me from a little beetle to a lizard, from a tiny flower to big trees. I was a free bird and a happy child. My parents loved me and we were a poor but happy family. There was nothing to show that this would not last.

I was some months over my 7 years that Sunday morning of January, 1963 when the disasters struck our village and my family specifically. After continuing raining for about 40 days, half of the village sunk down and 13 people killed between them my parents, one of my sisters and an aunt. That was the end of my childhood. The family turned into pieces, I and 2 of my sisters went in an Orphan’s home in Athens, for about 4 months and then we were adopted by different families. Useless to say, that my life was completely different after all these facts.

Part 2. My step parents were not bad people but they were old enough to know how to manipulate a little child, especially a child that had lost its parents and was like a bird in a cage, far from familiar faces, strange in a big city.  I was completely confused and thought that it was just a nightmare and I would wake up and this would be end.

I grew up pushing the days and the years to become an adult and start my life as I wanted to be, (like most of the kids think).  I was a good pupil and reading was my shelter from the reality, especially when I was reading fairy tales or adventures books. I tried to have some friends but my step parents didn’t want them, fearing that I would be spoiled by them. So I was a lonely child. I finally finished high school and a one year college to be a secretary.

Part 3.  I started working, first in an office and then in a Bank where I met my husband.   I married my husband when I was about 22 years old and we have 3 wonderful children. Life after my marriage had good and bad moments, but it was an ordinary life. I had anxiety for the children, either about their health or their lessons progress, sentimental problems or everything that parents are anxious about. There were some financial problems too, but we usually managed them.  Time went by, the children grew up and me, after 30 years working in the Bank, finally I retired about 3 years ago.

Part 4. Being at home for long time and as an active person I had to find something to keep me busy and give me the opportunity to offer some more money in my family. I found out that people worldwide used the Internet, first to know other people and second to work, part or full time. So, the fourth part of my life began when I joined some online business and especially when I joined AdlandPro. Here I found another family, I met wonderful people and finally I’m relaxed. I have to say a big Thank You to all my friends here who supported me and made me feel important. 

Thank you again,

Best regards,

Dimitra

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

What an interesting Bio, hope you folks enjoyed it. It's time to congratulate Dimitra on having won the Person of the Week award! Please invite her to join your list of friends if she's not already on it.

Dimitra, we are so happy to be featuring you in this week's POTW forum. Enjoy your week as Queen of AdlandPro! You deserve it!  ;-)

Love and blessings to all of you from,

John Sanchez and Pauline Raina

Folks, if you haven't voted for next week's POTW(number 116) you still can at:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/843199.aspx

And don't forget to vote for the 9th Photo of the Week:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/842115.aspx

Thank you so much for you participation in these programs! Smiley

Oh! Don't forget to support the BFA program. Now taking nominations for the October BFA award:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/839163.aspx

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Come celebrate the presentation of AdlandPro's 115th Person of the Week award!!!
10/7/2007 9:37:17 PM
Thanks John,

we have a real special lady as our queen dont we??

Dimitra,

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU !!!

[I snitched this from Rose thanks Rose !]

enjoy your time as ADLANDPRO QUEEN !!!

blessings

Pauline R
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Come celebrate the presentation of AdlandPro's 115th Person of the Week award!!!
10/7/2007 9:57:41 PM
Congradulations Dimitra
Have a good week.
+0
Daniel Meritt

541 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/7/2007 9:59:44 PM
Congradulations Dimitra

I hope you have a Great Week !

God Bless you !

Daniel

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!