Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 151st PERSON OF THE WEEK - MYRNA FERGUSON
7/12/2008 6:15:29 AM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 151st Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Myrna Ferguson is the 151st Person of the Week

Myrna Ferguson

Myrna Ferguson

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

In the past 350 post were the minimum requirement, we

aren't locked in on that number but a minimum of 300 posts

is mandatory. Posts that are mainly advertising posts will not

be considered.

Please note highly visible with a positive influence in and on

the community means just that. You have to have an active

forum and/or be active in community forums that are not ad

threads.

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Myrna Ferguson.
Myrna is involved in the community and is seen everywhere supporting and posting in many forums. 

Myrna is a very interesting and active member of our community . Myrna is a very friendly loving person and is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Congratulations Myrna Ferguson

on your POTW win! Wink

Myrna Ferguson 

Here's Myrna Ferguson's Bio:
Hello Friends,

I am just so amazed that you all voted for me.  What an honor it is to have so many wonderful people, that you admire, think you are special to be POTW.  Thank you for your caring and love.

I was born and raised near a small Pennsylvania town.  Yes, folks I am the farmers daughter, and proud of it.  It is a lot of hard work, but I am so glad that I had such a wonderful father as my guide. However, it wasn't that great with my mother, she just didn't have patience with me.  My sister was her pick and when your mother says why can't you be more like your sister, it sticks with you all your life,  I remember as a teenager, my bedroom was over the kitchen and with the heater opening I could hear everything they said.  My mother and sister spent more then once of tearing me apart. Mental abuse was part of it, she also hit, and kicked me.  I remember the last time she ever hit me was when I was 21 and I thought, she will never do it again, because I was going to leave, and not see her again, but it never happened after that. Things did get better between us as the years passed.  In later years, mom because upset with my sister, because she wasn't coming around.  I did feel sorry for her and it wasn't long after that that she had a stroke.  She was in the hospital for several months and she starting asking me to take her home, well I finally said I would.  I told my sister who was power of attorney, what I was going to do, well she wasn't happy about it, but I did anyhow.  It was a rough 4 1/2 years of my life, but I made it and I am not sorry I did it.

While taking care of my mother, after about 2 years, I had a ruptured esophagus, which was very painful, but I did not go to the doctor for 7 months.   On April 24th 1994, I was awakened by a urge of sickness.  Well it was not a pretty sight, I became so weak from all the blood I lost that I had to go to the ER. I was in the hospital for several days and I was sent to a hospital in Harrisburg, PA, there I had major exploratory surgery, the Doctors thought it was my heart, food had become impacted behind it and I was full of infection. Needless to say they took more then the esophagus out. I was in the hospital for 34 days.  Got out of the hospital the day before Memorial day. Without an esophagus, and needing food, I was on a feeding tube for 4 months. I even started gaining weight on it and they had to cut it back. (I can look at food and gain weight) I had to return to have another major surgery to replace the esophagus with a piece of the colon.

Went back in the hospital on July 17, 94 for the colon surgery,to make me a new esophagus.  it  took longer and it ended up as 17 more days.  After the 2nd surgery, I lost a lot of strength. They took a piece of bone out of my shoulder, so that the new part would be easy to get to if something ever happens. I never signed for the bone to be removed, and my shoulder is now dropping causing me problems.  But I am alive and life goes on, and better times are coming.

In Sept, 1994 I started taking care of my mother again.  It was rough, but the lady that was here helping out was just too noisy, she was trying to run my life.  I have had the job of running my life for a lifetime and she wasn’t going to take it away.  lol

I think the last 3 years have given me more meaning than any other time of my life.  I was in a bad auto accident in February19, 2005 and I learned how to forgive.  I had a lump on my head the size of a grapefruit, (they told me I Iooked like the cone heads) a crushed left ankle, a fractured right leg (tibia), a broken neck, broken rib, punctured liver, and cuts and bruises. It was in town, the guy went through a stop sign. The worst  part of this accident, was spending time in a nursing home, it was awful not being on my own. But I made the best of it and wanted to work to get home. Michael, my wonderful helper and guide, Taught me so much,  I learned how to more from a wheelchair to the bed.  (That part was a real challenge.)  I did so well that he brought in the people in training for nurses aids, to watch me. This made me feel so good.  I learned how to do it in 2 days and he said, “ I thought that would take 2 weeks, he was so proud of me, he just beamed. It made my day. I think Michael knew I loved to have a good time because he was always coming up behind me when I was working on putting puzzle together, and making me jump, he would just laugh and laugh, I laughed to, we had a fun time together, I will always love that man for the wonderful times we had together.

Learning to forgive someone when they have caused you pain.  This man came into the hospital to see me, while I was ICU.  They thought he was related, or he told them he was, not quit sure of that, but he wanted me to for give him, for the accident.  I told him I forgave me, but deep down, I hadn’t It was like God saying, "Yes this is just what you need to do" Well it didn't really happen overnight, more like 6 months, it was something I really worked on.  I believe, God allows things to happen to us so that we get His point. One lady at church has comments on what a better person I am. (I was so narrow minded.) And I am so thankful for that.

My life surely is not exciting, I worked, a lot of jobs, of office work. Mostly because every place I worked it would close down, It got to the point that I felt like I was a jinks, but life goes on and I made it. I am retired now, or I should just say tried, lol. Thankful that I can take care of my house, garden and my flower beds, which by the way, I got mom’s house for taking care of her, what a blessing that has been. I did renovate the house with the money I got from the accident, so it all works out for the best.

Thank you for being interested in my story, I am grateful for your love and caring.

Myrna

It is time to congratulate Myrna on her POTW win. Please invite
Myrna to join your list of friends if she isn't already on it.

Myrna Ferguson,

Ana Maria, Jim and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and Queen of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Chris Agostarola

979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 151st PERSON OF THE WEEK - MYRNA FERGUSON
7/12/2008 6:55:55 AM

Hi Myrna!

Congratulations!!

Chris Agostarola

National Manager The Sample Bag

Chris Agostarola LunaWolf's Mystical Essence http://lunawolfsmysticalessence.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=71 FREE TO JOIN!!! Watkins www.watkinsonline.com rep#380993 to join : http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=CA4792
+0
7/12/2008 7:04:08 AM

Congrats Myrna!

I wish you a prosperous future in all aspects.

The old generation rocks!

Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/12/2008 7:09:06 AM

Hi POTW Team,

Thanks for another great winner.

Congratulations Myrna enjoy your week. 

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
7/12/2008 7:52:13 AM

Hello Team, and thanks for your continued efforts they are greatly appreciated.

ENJOY YOUR WEEK MYRNA

YOU DESERVE IT

God Bless

Fionnuala

N Ireland

Visit your safe place on the Internet http://www.homebizhaven.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!