Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 145th POTW - BARB DELGIUDICE
5/24/2008 12:11:30 PM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 145th Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Barb Delgiudice is the 145th Person of the Week

Barb Delgiudice

Barb Delgiudice

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Barb Delgiudice.
Barb is involved in the community and is seen everywhere supporting and posting in many forums. 

Barb  is a very interesting and active member of our community . Barb is very interested in health and health foods and is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Congratulations Barb Delgiudice

on your POTW win! Wink

Barb Delgiudice

Here's Barb Delgiudices's Bio:
Hello Friends,

I was born in Seattle Washington in 1953. My grandparents immigrated from Italy on my Dad’s side and Sweden and Germany on my Mom’s side. My Grandpa Del was a street sweeper and my Grandpa Westman was an electrician. I went to a Catholic grade school and high school. Then I went to a public high school for my junior and senior year. I really enjoyed Highline High. It was so much more relaxed and less pressure. I had a nervous breakdown in junior year in Kennedy High. I have been taking medications ever since. Tranquilizers for a long time and new generation antidepressants (generic Effexor and generic Wellbutrin) since 1995. Thank God for the newer antidepressants! I was in the slow classes in grade school and Kennedy High. The kids said I was retarded, dumb and made fun of me.

I went partially blind in kindergarten when my left eye crossed and would not straighten out. I was completely devastated, that I could not see well or read well. I did not do well in grade school. I finally got my eye operated on in the 4th grade. I was always so dizzy even with my glasses on before the operation. I was also depressed because my Mom went into the mental hospital from when I was in kindergarten until I was in the 6th or 7th grade. My Dad was always away on business. He was married to his job. My parents loved us very much but did not know how to show love. Luckily my faith in God helped me through all of this. I was always praying in church. Unfortunately my faith made us fear God. I don’t fear God anymore now. Things have changed so people are not taught to fear God so much.

Anyway this all took a toll on me and my older brother and 2 sisters. We managed to survive and my brother has a garbage business in Plains Montana, 3 children and grand children and his second wife in Montana. My oldest sister doesn’t work now, she is retired and has one grown child and one deceased child and my other sister lives with my Mom and helps take care of her. I lived with an abusive boy friend for 19 years because I didn’t know anything else beyond that. I am unsuccessful financially because I had to leave a company I worked for 16 years because of verbal abuse and was made to work in a room that was extremely difficult to do my job in. I put up with it for a long time, but could not take it anymore. I had to leave. It broke my heart. I developed are very bad case of carpel tunnel syndrome in my hands and arthritis. It’s hard to type a lot, and I get very tired.. That’s why I drink all those health drinks. I also take ballet classes to keep me in shape, and the stretching helps a lot. Ballet classes help my vision , memory and acts as moving meditation. I have been taking classes for 13 years. I am not that great at ballet, but it sure makes me feel better and helps my posture and health.

Since 2002 I have been trying to market online. I have been through all the scams and fly-by-night schemes and know pretty much what will work or not. Except I am still not doing good with this. There are too many programs out there and too much competition. There is a new program or product every week! I have been too slow and tired to do very well with my marketing. I lost a friend in October 2007 in Afganastan. I had been emailing him for seven years and we were looking forward to getting together after he got back. My Mom has been very sick since before January 2008. She is 89 years old now. Mom had a heart attack in 2000 right after 9/11. My sister and I have been helping her out since. But then my poor Mom got congestive heart failure last Fall and had to lay down all the time with her feet higher than her head. Then she fell and broke her arm and fractured her hip and left leg and sprained her left ankle. She was in the nursing home from February 29th to about April 11th. She almost died, so they finally released her. My brother, sisters, and me were always visiting her and making sure she would be ok. But she hated it there so much she wouldn’t eat and got so thin she was skin and bones and too weak to lift her head. It was hard to believe that the doctor would not let us take her to her house. She had the money to hire help. Luckily they released her in the nick of time. We didn’t know if she would make it at first, but she made it thank God. She can sit up now in her wheel chair and is eating. May 15th was my birthday and the sun was out. She was able to be wheeled out on the porch and enjoy the sun, birthday cake and friends . Thank God.

I was also going to have to move out of my apartment because it was being converted into a condo, but it got postponed again and I hope for a long time.  I keep praying I don't have to move from my pretty woods with all my squirrels and birds that I feed.

My 2 cockatiels (little parrots), Baby and Beenie have helped me get through so much and helped me evolve into a better person. I got Baby 11 years ago and Beenie 4 and a half years ago. I had a parakeet Buddy for 8 years. He was like a father to Baby. My birds are my little angels. I never neglect them or ignore them. I make sure they are happy and get enough attention. Petting them and taking care of them is very healing to me. They are very loving and emotional creatures. I see God in my pretty birds.

I have finally decided the best thing to market is an associate program that is free and sells things that everyone needs like Amazon.com. They have a free associate program, and it has everything under the sun to shop for. Another great program to join is Wholefood Farmacy. I joined under LaNell and Thomas Richmond. I love the Cornucopia, Phi Plus and Sublime body cream. You can lose weight eating high fiber, nutrient dense food. The food is great! I also like my healthy juices that help fight my fatigue. They are on my blog. I also sell Parrot training courses which are extremely well done buy Chet and Dave Womach. Their videos are fantastic and they have a magic touch when training their birds. Please join my free newsletter, “Digital Products That Help Your Business”and get free ads, gifts, tips, advice.

Thank you so much for your votes.

Big Hugs.

Barb :)

It is time to congratulate Barb on her POTW win. Please invite
Barb to join your list of friends if she isn't already on it.

Barb Delgiudice,

Ana Maria, Jim and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and Queen of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 145th POTW - BARB DELGIUDICE
5/24/2008 12:30:55 PM

Great choice as usual...

CONGRATULATIONS BARB, AFTER ALL YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH YOU DESERVE A MEDAL ALONG WITH THE HONOUR OF BEING POTW!  WAY TO GO GIRL...

Have a fabulous weekend and week!

Jen

Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2008 12:58:35 PM

Hello Peter and AnaMaria,

Always a pleasure to be part of the POTW Awards Team and a another great week!

Barb, it is nice to see you honored for your efforts and your support and community spirit here at AdlandPro.  I appeciate your bio and you probably should write a book. 

Enjoy Your WEEK and wear your Crown Proudly

Barb D. QUEEN Of Adland

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Amal K. Roy

15 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/24/2008 1:06:42 PM
Hello Barb,

It's amazing when reads your life story, we all have up's and downs, but going though what you have been through, is truly a  life's amazing story.

YOu certainly have lots of guts and will power where many would will fail to live up to the kind of  situations that you have been though.

My best wishes and may the Almighty give you more and more courage and determination to show us how to lead our lives so that many of could immensely benefit.

My warm wishes to you and all your family members.

Amal
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2008 1:24:26 PM

Dear Barb,

Congratulations for this prestigious, deserved award.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!