Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: April Fools Is Coming...#1 Come Share Your Joke or Prank!
3/29/2008 7:26:47 AM

Wow Jill

That's what COULD BE  a BIG KISS :)

Here's another one...

Desktop Havoc on Your Mac

The Newton Virus rearranges the desktop icons on a Mac, and makes a great April Fools' joke.

A London design firm called Troika has produced video of an amazing computer "virus," which may or may not be publicly available. It's probably just a clever art project, but it's too good not to mention. The Virus is a Mac bug that rearranges the desktop icons using the accelerometers built into recent MacBooks. When the unsuspecting user picks up their laptop, all the icons and menu items fall to the ground as though under the influence of gravity. Watch the video here

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2008 11:04:46 AM

Nick, I expected more of you...LOL

In 1962 there was only one tv channel in Sweden, and it broadcast in black and white. The station's technical expert, Kjell Stensson, appeared on the news to announce that, thanks to a new technology, viewers could convert their existing sets to display color reception. All they had to do was pull a nylon stocking over their tv screen. Stensson proceeded to demonstrate the process. Thousands of people were taken in. Regular color broadcasts only commenced in Sweden on April 1, 1970.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2008 11:13:22 AM

Here's another one:

In 1996 the Taco Bell Corporation announced that it had bought the Liberty Bell and was renaming it the Taco Liberty Bell. Hundreds of outraged citizens called the National Historic Park in Philadelphia where the bell was housed to express their anger. Their nerves were only calmed when Taco Bell revealed, a few hours later, that it was all a practical joke. The best line of the day came when White House press secretary Mike McCurry was asked about the sale. Thinking on his feet, he responded that the Lincoln Memorial had also been sold. It would now be known as the Ford Lincoln Mercury Memorial.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2008 11:30:00 AM

Here's something you can do:

Autocorrect Madness
In Microsoft Word, use the Autocorrect feature
to "correct" a commonly used word such as "the"
by automatically inserting "April Fools'!" It
will drive them mad!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2008 11:36:56 AM

The kids and I planted a vegetable garden. They were most excited about growing carrots.  That night, I ran to the grocery store, bought carrots with the tops on them, and planted them when I got home. When the kids got up the next morning and went outside to look at their garden, they were thrilled that their carrots had grown so fast!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!