Menu

Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: People are always blaming their circumstances ...
3/26/2008 11:43:45 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
New Reply
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2404 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2008 11:46:15 AM
Bonjour Bogdan et al,

This is very apt. I've just had an "argument" with my son, who doesn't like the fact that I don't do things just because "that's the way it is."

I didn't use GB Shaw's exact words, of course, but the gist of what I said was along with

The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them.

People have to act and take the steps in the direction they want to go in and be responsible for those actions.

Sometimes those actions or trials will not work out, but one has to take the slap in the face and try again.

The more action there is, the more reaction there will be.

Positve actions instead of negative moans are what the doctor orders.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah
Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
New Reply
+0
Sam
Sam Hall

638 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/26/2008 11:57:27 AM

Thanks Bogdan

Right On, George !

KEEP ON KEEPING ON  :-)

Sam

This super simple Home Business May Be: TO SIMPLE FOR YOU ! http://www.SuperSimpleBiz.com
New Reply
+0
3/26/2008 12:27:28 PM

True words.

BUT! (yup, there's a but).

There are TWO kinds of circumstances.  Those we can control (which the statement, and this thread, refers to). AND. Those beyond our control.

If Oprah hadn't decided to build that school in Africa for those gifted kids to become leaders, what "circumstances" could those kids have changed on their own?  It's often others, at time Governments, that can change "circumstances" that by oneself one can not.

Or, in more relatable terms for people here.  Hilliary Clinton may not become the next President of the United States because of the "circumstances" of a very viable African American man running against her, the first very viable woman to seek that office.  A "circumstance", entirely beyond her control, and one she must deal with as best she can.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Gunther G.

Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
New Reply
+0
3/26/2008 12:38:44 PM

Here's my contribution. The one I use daily rather than "complaining".

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!