Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: KALEIDOSCOPE 5#: GREECE The Land of Gods and Spirit
3/25/2009 5:06:10 PM
Hello Patricia!

Thank you so much to be my intermediator to take contact with her office. People like Carolyn Mahoney contribute a lot to make good relations between people from different countries.

Recognitions:
Maloney has received the Military Order of the Purple Heart, For Meritorious and Conspicuous Service for Veterans, the National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association’s (NFPRHA) Distinguished Public Service Award, the Ellis Island Medal of Honor, the Hadassah Myrtle Wreath Award, Peace Action’s Global Peace Award, the Queens Women’s Political Caucus’s Queens Women of Distinction Award and the Healthy Mothers, Health Babies’s 2000 Special Impact Award. Maloney was the Grand Marshal of New York’s Greek Independence Day Parade in 1996 and 2001. Her legislative efforts have been featured on NBC Nightly News, NBC’s Today, CBS Sunday Morning, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and other local, national, and international major media outlets.
Extract from her Biographic Note

I sent Mme Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney following message:

Dearest Sister, Brave Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney!

I will be very short in my note. I saw a short clip on youtube on the Greek National day from last year, listening to my country mates announcing you a modern Philhellene and BOUBOULINA.

It makes me proud being Greek, born Pontian Hellene, living in the heart of Greece in the province Macedonia, knowing there are non Greek people in the world sharing with us the Hellenic flame for life and spirit for global peace, love and happiness. I am really proud knowing there are people like you. Hellenism is a free global heritage without copyrights left to all of us from those wise men and women once lived in ancient Hellas.

Blessed be woman of courage, love, good spirit and global peace. I am sure you are a great daughter, sister, wife and caring mother. Happy be those who share your love and tenderness (your family and closest friends). Having people like you in our governments I am sure we will see better days in future.

Hurray for the Hellenic Spirit!

Love and respect.
Georgios C Paraskevopoulos
Greece  

Your friend,
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2009 6:01:34 PM
OFFICIAL US GOVERNEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT
ON GREEK INDEPENDENCE DAY.

03/25/2009

Pelosi Statement on Greek Independence Day

Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi released the following statement today on the 188th anniversary of Greek Independence.  Today, the House will vote on H. Res. 273, which recognizes this anniversary and celebrates Greek and American democracy. 

“Greece and the United States share a special bond that reaches back to the founding of America.  The Greek philosophical tradition inspired America’s Founding Fathers in our struggle for freedom, which, in turn, inspired Greek patriots to fight for and achieve their independence in the 1820s.

“The United States opened its arms to multitudes of Greek immigrants who brought with them beautiful traditions that have contributed greatly to the beautiful mosaic that is America.  In my own City of San Francisco, the Greek-American community is a vital and vibrant component of our world-renowned diversity. 

“The Greeks taught the world that the power of a legitimate government can spring only from the people.  Today, both in America and in Greece, we remain dedicated to this principle, and to the advancement of democracy and equality.  As a strong supporter of the Congressional Caucus on Hellenic Issues, I am proud to join with the more than 1 million Americans of Greek heritage to commemorate the 188th anniversary of Greek Independence Day.”

Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/15/2009 12:44:33 PM

Hi Georgios, did you hear back from Carolyn Mahoney?  I hope she wrote you a nice thank you.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2009 10:31:35 PM

I hope your week will be wonderful!!!

Your friend always,

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!