Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: KALEIDOSCOPE #4: THE OLYMPIC FLAME
3/24/2008 10:31:08 AM
Hello Georgios,

I today watched on tv the torch lighting, in Olympia, for the Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing. What a ceremony! It was amazing as always. It is moments of pride for us Greeks.

Best regards,

Dimitra
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/24/2008 12:48:14 PM
Hello Georgios :-)

Uplifting Ceremony!

Maria Nafpliotou, the High Priestess of the Flame-lighting Ceremony, lights the Olympic flame at a rehearsal before the Lighting Ceremony for the Beijing Olympic Games in ancient Olympia, Greece March 22, 2008. The ceremony will be officially held at 11 o' clock a.m. on Monday local time. [Xinhua]

High Priestess Maria Nafpliotou shifted the traditional method of sun rays lighting to kindling torch by preserved flame collected a day earlier.

Beautiful Tradition!

With friendship,
Anamaria

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/24/2008 2:43:44 PM
FRENCH ACTIVISTS AREN'T ABLE TO TEACH GREEKS PEACE.

As soon as the first runner started his run all wars stopped in ancient Greece.
The Olympic Fire (Flame, Spirit) is a ritual for Peace in World. So are the olympic Games.

Political movements have nothing to do with the Olympic Games. I am an activist but I condemn  what happnened in  Ancient Olympia  today. Keep politics out of the games. We have experienced many Olympic Games failures.
(Berlin 1936, Munchen 1972, Moscow  1984, Los Angeles 1984)

The Beijing Olympic Flame began the "Journey of Harmony" on Monday. In the Torch Lighting Ceremony that began at 11:00 a.m. (GMT +2), in Olympia, Greece, the High Priestess successfully lit the sacred flame by the traditional ritual of using only the rays of the sun and a parabolic mirror.

Today a new epoch begun. The High Priestess gave the fire to the first Olympic Flame Runner. Count down began.

Click above (Credits)

Tribute to the firemen
Before the torch lighting ceremony, President Rogge also took the opportunity to pay tribute to the firemen who took part in the heroic fight to save Olympia from the flames last autumn.

Scene of the lighting ceremony (Photo credit: Cheng Gong)

Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/24/2008 2:58:06 PM

Hello Georgios et al!

As the torch is a sign of peace and harmony, it is a shame that there were protesters trying to disrupt the ceremony.

The torch will be carried through 20 countries, ahead of the start of the Beijing Games on August 8. I wish the carriers and the torch well!

Happy Birthday Hellas, for tomorrow.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2008 4:03:33 AM
Για σου Δήμητρα! Σου το χαρίζω!
Hello Dimitra!  A Dedication!

«Απόλλωνα, θεέ του ήλιου και της ιδέας του φωτός, στείλε τις ακτίνες σου και άναψε την ιερή δάδα για τη φιλόξενη πόλη της Αθήνας. Κι εσύ, ω Δία, χάρισε ειρήνη σε όλους τους λαούς της γης και στεφάνωσε τους νικητές του ιερού αγώνα».
 Πρωθιέρεια: Θάλεια Προκοπίου Ολυμπία

Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!