Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Vi
Vi Shahan

201 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Focusing On The Best You!
8/17/2005 12:07:06 AM
Comparing Yourself To Others Each of us has been blessed with unique qualities. No one else has lived through precisely the same circumstances, possesses exactly the same qualities, or thinks just the same thoughts. We love, appreciate, and hold dear vastly different things. Because of this, it is nearly impossible to justly compare oneself to others and yet so many people stake their happiness on how they fare when measured against a neighbor, a coworker, a sibling, or Hollywood star. It is easy to think that if you had her eyes, his house, her job, or his money, that you'd be truly happy. Your value as a person has little to do with what you look like or what you possess and comparing yourself to someone else denies your own wonderful gifts and talents. Everyone has worth, but the source of that worth is individual. Learning to stop comparing yourself to others begins with accepting your worth, because your own acceptance is the most important. Regularly assessing your worth in terms of other people's gifts, be they talent, money, looks, or material wealth, can lead to dissatisfaction, even when you're on top of your game. It's important to remember that you are you and will always be you, not someone else. Your individuality is something to take pride in. When you get the urge to compare yourself to someone else, meditate on the fact that you are lovable, capable, and special the way you are. Instead of focusing on traits you don't possess, and others do, or vice versa, concentrate on what you yourself have. You may be a great painter, very funny, or physically fit. Or you may be exceptionally organized, a capable parent, or profoundly patient. Usually, when we compare ourselves to others, we come out feeling devalued. In noting the positive differences both in yourself and the other party, you appreciate and foster distinctiveness. The gifts which you have been given can be used for the benefit of everyone you come into contact with. Realizing and embracing such a concept enables you to focus on bringing out the best in yourself, so that you can celebrate your own achievements as well as those of others. What do you think? "Change Your Mind." "Change Your Life." I Wish You Enough~
"Change Your Mind." "Change Your Life." Vi Shahan Website: http://www.preventionsecrets.com http://www.vi.scent-team.com
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Focusing On The Best You!
8/17/2005 12:17:13 AM
hi, i have a special life. no one could copy my tracks. you have to take what's handed to you and roll with it, in my opinion.
+0
8/17/2005 12:34:59 AM
Hi Vi this is a great article thanks. Fredie
Folks ARound TheWorld,IfYouWant ToKnowHow ToEarn$100,000 In 12Months With NoDownLines ToBuild OrProducts ToSell, Then YouNeed To TakeA CoupleMinutes ToRead My WebPage. I'm NotHere ToSell YouAnything. JustShare KnowledgeWith YOURFamily,OtherMarketers&Friend
+0
8/17/2005 12:55:24 AM
Great advice and wisdom here thanks for the invite. Paul in the Bible said to learn to be content in all we do. It is a learning process as we get older, I think we gain wisdom on this advice. God has a plan for your life that only you can complete. Some people think he has a back plan or someone in the wings to take over if you fail to follow his plan for you. I don't believe he has a back up plan or person because there is just one of you. Working to become the best you that you can is where we should all focus on. Again thanks and God Bless, Brother Yada
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2005 4:22:24 AM
Hi Vi, That's right; good advice and great words of wisdom. No one can live your life, but you. Its your choice to make it happy and flowering or not. And this may occure only if focusing on the best of you, and learning to get better in every sence. Thank you for this, Anamaria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!