Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: GREEK ORTHODOX EASTER
3/21/2008 3:38:32 PM
Dearest JoAnne!

I hope to learn more about you and be a close friend with yo. Your smiles and your contribution in thid community is of the best ( I mean the social work because this is how I work and stay close to muy friends).

WE ARE ALL GOD'S FOLK

Save My Lord Your Folks

NICE GREEK ORTHODOX HYMN
MY LORD SAVE YOUR FOLKS AND YOUR HERITAGE

GOOD LUCK
YOU ARE ALL MY SPECIAL FRIENDS

HAPPY EASTER
(PS NOW YOU SHOULD BE IN YOUR CHURCH)
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2008 4:50:55 PM

Thank You for interesting forum, Georgios!

And maybe it will be interesting  facts about Fertile Fire 

Fertile Fire - on belief of Orthodox Christians, the wonderful fire annually descending on the Coffin Misters on Great Saturday. Affirms, that fire possesses unique property: has no is natural-natural source and does not burn first minutes.

The Jerusalem patriarch enters into an altar of a temple, which before it by tradition search to be convinced, that it does not have matches, silicon or other means of getting of fire.

Ignition of Fertile fire occurs only for orthodox Easter and only at presence of the Patriarch Jerusalem (or acting it). At ceremony there are hierarches of various Christian faiths and some tens thousand Christians. Further fire follows worldwide.

According to belief, in that year when Fertile fire will not descend, there will be a doomsday.

Since 1993 Fertile fire is delivered in the self-summer on Great Saturday to Russia.

+0
Nick Mys

357 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/21/2008 5:53:34 PM

Представитель Православной Церкви в Америке при Московском Патриархате отслужил в Джорданвилле литию по новопреставленному митрополиту Лавру

Во вторник 18 марта представитель Православной Церкви в Америке при Московском Патриархате архимандрит Закхей (Вуд) посетил Свято-Троицкий монастырь в Джорданвилле, где совершил заупокойную литию на третий день по кончине о почившем в Бозе Первоиерархе Русской Зарубежной Церкви  митрополите Лавре.

Во время посещения монастыря, по совершении литии, архимандрит Закхей встретился с протоиереем Серафимом Ганом , бывшим секретарем митрополита Лавра.

The representative of Orthodox Church in America at Moskovsk Patriarchy has served in Jordanwill to lithium on fared away to metropolitan to Laurels

On Tuesday on March, 18th the representative of Orthodox Church in America at Moskovsk Patriarchy archimandrite Zakkhej (Wood) has visited Piously-Troizk a monastery in Jordanwill where has made doleful to lithium for the third day on death about fared away Первоиерархе Russian Foreign Church metropolitan Laurels.

During visiting a monastery, after fulfilment litia, archimandrite Zakkhej has met archpriest Serafimom Ganom was the secretary of metropolitan of Laurels.

+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2008 6:05:24 PM
Metropolitan Laurels has played a greater role in reunion of the Moscow and Russian orthodox church abroad
Eternal to it memory
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2008 6:06:33 PM
Who is the MOTHER who loose her Child
and pain doesn't languish her!

© Philoxenia  March 25th, 2008 (Georgios Paraskevopoulos)

PHILOXENIA

GREEK ORTHODOXY

They of Annunciation Day
Greek INDEPENDENCE Day
March 25th, 1821

Greek modern history goes parallel to Christianity and Orthodoxy
A new Forum topic will be posted during the Week End

HE IS RAISEN - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREECE
Here is a shorth Introduction

Άσπρη βαρκούλα του ψαρά, γιατί είσαι στολισμένη
Με στόλισε η μάνα μου, στη μαύρη γης με στέλνει

Μη με σκεπάζεις ουρανέ, μη με πλακώνεις χώμα