Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: GREEK ORTHODOX EASTER
3/17/2008 9:42:40 PM
Hello Ana Maria!

Thank you for coming. This year we experience the diffrences between the Gregorian and Julian. Thank you for the link to your Calendar forum.
Romania is a Christian Orthodox country and  there is much to find on internet  on Romanian Orthodoxy, so in you tube.

Here is a clip from the Romanian Orthodoxy following "the old calendar".
A nice trip over Romanian regions

HAPPY EASTER
GEORGIOS
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/17/2008 10:29:58 PM

GLOBAL CHRISTIAN CELEBRATION
A WEEK OF SPIRIT AND PASSION.

This is SPECIAL PHILOXENIA DEDICATION TO ALL MY GLOBAL FRIENDS

PASSION as sang by Fairouz Lebanon in Arabic

Entirely dressed in black, Fairouz, the legendary Lebanese singer, kneels with great humility before the altar and the crucifix upon which our Lord Jesus Christ was nailed and unleashes her impeccable voice as she sings in exaltation: "Today, He was hung on a piece of wood, The Man who hung the world above water.... We kneel before your Passion o' Christ....We kneel before your Passion o' Christ." The year was 1965, and the place, a church in Beirut, Lebanon.
© PASSION

HAPPY EASTER
Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA: Vatican Basilica di San Pietro
3/18/2008 2:49:05 AM
THE VATICAN
(Basilica di San Pietro)
CENTRE FOR THE CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN WORLD

St Peter's Square in Vatican

Click above

St Peter's Basilica

It’s the world’s largest Basilica of Christianity, nested into the heart of the Vatican City, with its 186 metres of length (218 if we consider the porch too), a height of 46 metres in the central aisle, a main dome 136 metre high and 42 metres large in diameter. The huge façade is 114 metres wide and 47 metres high. It has a surface of 22000 square metres and twenty thousand persons can pray in it.

The indigenous St Peter's Basilica, nowadays forgotten, was constructed by will of Emperor Constantine around 320 AD in the area where Saint Peter had been martyrized (together with other Christians) close to the circus of Nero that, in fact, rose in the vicinity. For about thousand years the Basilica grew and got enriched, but it was also theatre of pillage in the barbarian hordes.

The first repair and enlargement intervention was ordered in the middle of the 15th century by pope Niccolo V, who entrusted Leon Battista Alberti and his helper Bernardo Rossellino. Later pope Giulio II charged Bramante who in 1506 demolished the old Saint Peter's Basilica planning a new one with a Greek cross plan. But at the time of the death of both pope and architect only the central pillars had been constructed.

Happy Easter
Georgios

+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: Vatican Basilica di San Pietro
3/21/2008 4:33:37 AM
Bonjour Georgios!

This is fascinating info again.

I must admit that I haven't had time to read it all, so don't delete it will you.

I will have to come back.

I second your global wishes to one and all.

I take communion sometimes, in our village church. It is a Catholic church. I am not Catholic. I am a Christian, although I can't find a denomination that I fit into or that fits me. That's because I'm more than a Christian, but I really don't know what name you would give me!

What matters to me, is not the name, but the love that is shared.

I ask the angels to guide me and you.

Angel cuddles and Happy Easter,

Sarah

whenever and however you celebrate it. If you don't celebrate it, then I wish to share some love with you.
Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/21/2008 11:00:23 AM
Good Friday to All!

Georgios, thank you very much for your effort of posting informative info and breath-taking photos about Easter. What a treat!

Happy Easter to You and Yours!

JoAnne Green
Principal/Risk Management Advisor

Integrity + Experience + Dependability
Sunburst International Risk Management
www.InternationalRiskManagement.com
Sunburst Worldwide Insurance Services
www.WorldwideMedicalplans.com

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!