Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Following in Jesus' Footsteps
3/10/2008 10:36:57 AM

THE TRULY CONVERTED CHRISTIAN WILLINGLY FORSAKES ALL AND FOLLOWS THE SAVIOUR WHEREVER HE LEADS

Matthew 13:44-46  No sacrifice will be too great for the Pearl of Great Price

Matthew 10:37-39  If we love anything in this world more than Christ, we are not worthy of Him

Luke 9:23  We are to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Him

1 John 2:6  Christ is to be our example

THE TRUE CHRISTIAN WILL BE KNOWN BY HIS FRUITS, OR HIS WILLINGNESS TO DO GOD'S WILL

Matthew 7:20-23  Only those who do His will can enter the kingdom of God

Psalms 40:8  Obedience is a delight, because God's law is written in our hearts

1 Corinthians 10:31  The Christian will glorify God in all that he does

2 Corinthians 6:17  1 John 2:15  James 1:27; 4:4  He will come out of the world and be separate, not participating in worldly amusements and practices

THE CHRISTIAN WILL BE CAREFUL IN WHAT HE READS AND SEES

1 John 2:15-17  We are not to love the world nor the things in the world

2 Peter 3:11-14  2 Corinthians 6:15-18  Those preparing for the coming of Christ will be found untainted by the world

Psalms 101:2,3  The Christian will not look upon sinful, or wicked things

Philippians 4:8  He will dwell upon those things that are good

1 Thessalonians 5:22  He will avoid the appearance of evil

IN LIVING FOR CHRIST THE CHRISTIAN WILL BE REPRESENTATIVE IN HIS APPEARANCE

1 Peter 3:1-4  1 Timothy 2:9  The sincere follower of Jesus will strive earnestly to reach the standard set by the Word.  His adornment will be that of the humble heart, rather than of outward display

Isaiah 3:16-23  The wearing of jewelry promoted pride in God's chosen people

Exodus 33:5,6  God commanded His people to take off their jewelry before He led them to Canaan

Revelation 12:1;17:3,4  A striking contrast of the true and apostate church of the last days is given in the appearance of the two symbolic women of Revelation

MODESTY AND SIMPLICITY IDENTIFIES THE TRUE CHRISTIAN

Romans 12:1,2  The true Christian, instead of conforming to worldly practices and customs, is to be transformed by the power of the indwelling Christ

In these days of extreme conformity and non-conformity each follower of Jesus should study carefully his conduct, personal appearance, and attitudes in order to attain to the highest level of Christian living.  While it is true that the quality of an individual's Christianity cannot be gauged solely by external criteria, still one's outward appearance will reveal either conformity to the world or to the Word.  The external appearance may well be the index to the heart.  The goal should be a progressive transformation of life and conduct, based on a deepening and lasting relationship with Jesus Christ.  In sharing the life of Christ he comes to accept a radically different life style involving his whole person.  In words, in dress, in spirit, in everything, there is to be a marked distinction between Christians and followers of the world.

--------------

It is my desire, having given my heart to Jesus, through His Grace, to keep myself unspotted from the world; by honoring Him in conversation, and personal attitudes; seeking to reach the high ideal as outlined in God's Word... and what about you friend?

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Following in Jesus' Footsteps
3/10/2008 11:05:32 AM

Jim my faithful friend, what a nice post and of course i couldnt stay way from anything about my Rabbi lol, you did some homework , i appretiate your forums it remind me of a few others in here Lol, if i may, i would like to teach about us the Disciples of Him who, we as disciples live for on a daily bases, its hard but its even harder if i dont lol, to continually be examiing ourselves and helping others examine themselves concerning where we are spiritually. Lukewarmness and lack of commitment not only cause those who are lukewarm to be lost, but are discouraging to committed disciples. According to revelation 3:15-16, God's order of preferance is: (1) hot; (2) cold; (3) lukwarm. Many find it difficult to accept that being "cold" spiritually is better than being "lukewarm." But when we consider the tremendious harm to the cause of Christ which results from lukewarm Christians, we can begin to understand Gd's wisdom.  James my brother i often go back to my notes of teaching these to many and what better place then your forum, to give this teaching to. God_bless you my friend :)  Very nice display and choice scripture, makes the Bible come to life doesnt it?  See Jesus does live!! woo whooo!! :)

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2008 11:38:23 AM

Hey Thomas, thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry I didn't have much time to spend at your birthday party. I've been playing catch up, since I don't have that much time to be on the internet these days. Allow me if you will to share your text here:

Revelation 3:15-16  15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2008 1:21:37 PM

Hi Jim,

Good reminders and the best of advice.

I'm not like our good friend Thomas, he is SO good at his bible references.

This verse came to mind but without cheating and looking it up I can't give the reference:

Study to show yourself approved unto God.

I know that you or Thomas will give us the source.

Roger

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2008 3:19:16 PM

Roger, that would be:

2 Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!