Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Luella's Kitchen: WILD RICE SALAD
3/6/2008 3:44:35 PM

Hi Luella,

I appreciate the nice words and all of the compliments.  However, before you put that suggestion in for Man of the Year, you might want to talk to one of my three ex-wives.  They might disagree with that idea.  Of course, the last one was over 20 yeas ago, so I like to think that I've mellowed quite a bit during that time.

As for cooking separate meals, the main difference is in the Main Course, ie.. the Meat.  The only meat which I eat is Fish, either Baked or Broiled.  I eat Fish at least once per week, except for Shrimp or other Shellfish, due to it's negative effects on Cholesterol.  I'll eat Shrimp perhaps once per month.  The Family eats basically the same Vegetables which I do, except that I only eat them Steamed or Raw.  Also, they be Organically Grown.

Quite simply, I believe that the Lord has provided everything here on Earth that we need to live long and be healthy.  He also gives us freedom of choice, which means that it is up to us to choose the right lifestyle and the proper diet.  He has richly blessed me.  I have not taken any Prescription Drugs in over 20 years, and during that time, I have not even had a Common Cold.

As for using any of the Recipes, you're more than welcome anytime to share them.  I would like to say that they are not originals or my own creations.  I have gathered over the years from Family, Friends, Church Cookbooks, Newspapers, Magazines, and of course the Internet.  Also, any Knowledge, Wisdom, Skills and Abilities which I may have, come from one Source, my Lord and Father.  I fully believe that He wants all of us to Share, especially when it enriches the lives of others.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I appreciate it so much, that you Care enough about your Friends to share healthy alternatives such as these wonderful recipes.  As I said before, you are truly a Blessing my Friend.

Have A Beautiful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/6/2008 4:16:58 PM

Hi Phil,

My goodness after that testimony watch out.  Women will be beating down your door.  LOL

Seriously, it is positively refreshing to meet somebody that thinks as you do, with regard to natural health and the Lord.

Time after time I hear prayer requests for health in church, yet they are eating all the wrong things, living the wrong way and yes, God gave us the tools to stay healthy, all we need do is choose them.  Actually, one finds that they are healthier and happier when living a healthy lifestyle.

I attribute proper nutrition and supplements for my good health and being off of prescription meds.  And that includes the deadly Paxil. 

I still think I will nominate you for Man of the Year.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
3/26/2008 6:23:43 PM
Thanks for the recipe. I luv wild rice. It's so much healthier for you and has a nutty flavor. This will be on my dinner table tomorrow. thanks, Rita Bachleda
ritaellen www.beginningsprouts.com
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2008 9:42:33 PM
Hello Dear Luella !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2008 10:10:43 PM

Rita, welcome to Luella's Kitchen!  I hope you enjoyed the recipe.

Hugs,

Luella

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!