Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Luella's Kitchen: WILD RICE SALAD
2/23/2008 7:18:07 PM

Hi Luella,

Thanks again my Friend.  Each one sounds more delicious than the last.

I now have it figured out.  I will just come by here to get the idea for my meal each evening, by the way, Feta Cheese is one of my main Vices, and then all I have to do is plan a main dish for the rest of the Family to go along with it.  As soon as I saw Wild Rice Salad, I knew what next Friday's meal will be.

Baked Tilapia With Lemon-Thyme Flaky Salt 

1 shallot, finely chopped

4 tilapia fillets, skinless

4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided

sea salt, to taste

freshly-ground pepper, to taste

1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves

1 teaspoon flaky salt (such as Maldon sea salt)

finely grated zest of 2 lemons

Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle shallot in a baking dish large enough to hold all of the fish in a single layer. Rub each fillet all over with a teaspoon of olive oil. Lightly season one side of each fillet with cooking salt and pepper. Place fillets on top of shallots in the baking dish, seasoned side down, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until flesh is opaque and flakes with a fork.

While fish bakes, prepare the seasoning salt by combining thyme, flaky salt and lemon zest in a small bowl. Mix gently. The salt mixture will be slightly wet and clumpy. When fish is done, sprinkle a little bit of the seasoning salt over each fillet, making sure each portion gets a bit of salt, zest and thyme. Serve immediately with any remaining seasoning salt if desired.

Serves 4. Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free.  Also 190 Cal. per serving, along with 30g Protein, and only 1.5g of Saturated Fat.  

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions for eating both Happy & Healthy.

Have A Blessed Sunday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2008 11:28:37 PM
That sounds delicious! ~ Thanks
+0
2/24/2008 6:38:34 PM
Hello Luella,

That sounds really yummy, I think I'm going to invite Phil over so he can cook for me he has some good recipes too lol.

God Bless
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2008 2:58:53 PM

Hi Gaby,

Thanks for the invitation and for the nice compliments.  I actually prepare two menus with most every meal.  One Vegetarian, and one for everyone else.  Sometimes at the Holidays it's a challenge.  My biggest challenge of course, is keeping the meal for the rest of the family at least healthy.  When you grow up in the South and standard fare is Meat & Taters, sometimes a heart attack is just a spoonful away.  It's still a work in progress.

That's why I appreciate my good Friends here at Adland, especially Luella, giving me so many healthy ideas.  But then, that's what it's all about.  Friends helping Friends.

Have An Awesome Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2008 6:56:55 PM

Hi Beryl!

I love salads too.  I must confess though, in cold weather I love soup.  This recipe is quite good.  I plan to make it again soon.

Hugs,

Luella

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!