Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Who was Saint Valentine? Mother Earth's forgotten children......
2/13/2008 12:31:47 PM

Who was Saint Valentine?

The Catholic Church recognises at least three Valentines. They were all martyred.

There are various legends about St Valentine. He could have been a priest in Rome in the third century. Emperor Claudius II made marriage illegal for young men, because he wanted soldiers who were single, with no wives or children to stunt their soldiering potential.  Valentine secretly performed marriages for young couples.  When he was discovered, Claudius ordered his execution.

Valentine may have tried to help Christians escape from Roman prisons and was executed for his actions.

One legend tells that Valentine sent the first Valentine greeting.  In prison he fell in love with a young lady.  Before his death he wrote her a letter, signing it “From your Valentine.”  Sound familiar?

I don’t think it matters who he was.  What he represents is important.  By the Middle Ages, Valentine was one of the most popular saints in England and France.  Not surprising  really, when love is there to share. 

Traditionally, of course, we are talking the love of romance.  But I’ve noticed here in Adland, wishes of love, Valentines wishes to and from friends, friends who are sharing friendship and love.  Whilst we are sharing this love, I’d like to take it one step further.

One of my life purposes, my missions, is to bring love and comfort to the forgotten children on Mother Earth, to help the less fortunate children in this world.  I’d like us all to spare a thought for these children, especially on Valentine’s Day, when there is so much love about us.  Let’s gather up some of that love and send some love and light to these children.  In doing so, something positive will happen in their lives.

I was talking to a lady last night, who was one of twins, both a “mistake.”  She is in her fifties.  She was telling me how she still remembers how it felt, when she tried to give her mother a cuddle and was pushed away. In her fifties, the pain is still there.  The forgotten children are experiencing that pain now, some more than others.  If we make a concerted effort to send them some love, they will be touched.  They will receive those badly needed cuddles.  Perhaps they won’t realise where that warmth is coming from, but they will feel it, and that is what is important.

Just a little gesture on our part can mean a lot to the forgotten children.  They are our children because they are God’s children.  They are Mother Earth’s future.  They and we are the future.  Let’s make it a future full of love and light.

May God’s angels protect, support, guide and comfort all.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Who was Saint Valentine? Mother Earth's forgotten children......
2/13/2008 1:47:28 PM

Thank you Sarah!

Love,

Dimitra

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/13/2008 2:21:29 PM

Hello Sarah :-)

Angel cuddles sent out to the children and to everyone who needs them along with all my best wises!

Happy_Valentine's_Day!

Hugs,
Anamaria
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/13/2008 2:47:03 PM

My wish is for all the children who are denied the love that should be their right,  I pray that they experience the love that is being sent them by the Adland friends.

Thanks to everyone that takes time to send a thought.

Thank you Sarah

Roger 

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/13/2008 2:53:51 PM

"He took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them." -- Mark 10:16

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for all of the wonderful information about Saint Valentine.  I am not certain which one, if any, of these persons was the original Valentine, however, I do agree that the most important part is the Spirit of Love & Concern for one another that we share on Valentines Day, and hopefully throughout the year.

Thank you especially for your dedication and the Love that you constantly show for the Forgotten Children.  Speaking from personal experience, there is no greater reward, no warmer feeling, than the smile of a Child who knows in his or her heart that there really is someone who cares.  Share a meal, share a coat, or just share your time, and take time to Listen and Care.  I'm not sure what types of Organizations are available Overseas, however, here in the States, I've been blessed to work with Communities in Schools, Big Brother/Big Sister, and the Boys & Girls Club, and spend many hours with Children who, through no fault of their own, have fallen through the cracks in our Society, and just need someone to Care.  Those have been the best hours of my Life, and I would not trade them for any amount of money.  Money can never replace that Warmth and that Blessing that comes back to you in the simple Smile of a Child who knows you care.

A few hours a week, that's all it takes, to make a difference in the life of a Child, and to experience feelings that will be with you for the rest of your life.

Here's my Candle, and if you will Click on the Flame, you will hear a Special Prayer for the Children.

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." John 15:12

May God Bless You & Give You Peace,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!