Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Who was Saint Valentine? Mother Earth's forgotten children......
2/13/2008 6:43:25 PM
Great information and let us hope that all children will feel love on Valentines Day.
Shirley Manion MoneyMakers, Shopping, blogs, fun places http://www.connectionsecrets.com/webmasterhelpers Shopping Bargains and Deals Connections http://www.connectionsecrets.com/bargainshopping Your own fun Iggly Biggly business for only $20.00 h
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2008 4:13:50 AM
Thank you for your visit and your wishes, Dimitra.

Much appreciated.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2008 4:17:50 AM
Dear Anamaria,

Thank you for sending some love to all those who need it.

I'm sure our prayers will be answered.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2008 4:24:53 AM
My dear Sir Roger,

May your tender wish be granted a thousandfold or more.

Thank YOU Roger.

(I hope you are feeling better.)

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2008 5:10:37 AM
Dear Sir Phil,

A picture is worth a thousand words, but an action is even more expressive, and as you say, rewarding.

Thank you for the lovely candle, the special prayer and your wishes for the children,  and moreover, your actions.

It is true, that smile is so rewarding when a child knows that you care.

Time for a little story.

When I was at the grammar school, I had a part-time job at the local Public Baths which was the swimming pool and people could come and hire a bath.

One summer, there were gypsies encamped on the carpark near the station, about 5 minutes away.  There were all sorts of stories associated to these gypsies. I don't know which were true and which not.  Anyway, they didn't have a good reputation.

Some of the children came to go swimming.  They were filthy and rather smelly; in fact they honked!  The man in charge of the pool, quite rightly, refused to let them in the pool.  It would not have been fair on the other people using the pool, of course.  I realised that, but I didn't like the man's attitude toward the gypsy children or the way in which he threw them out.

I asked him if he would have refused them entrance, if they had been clean.  He replied that he would like to refuse them entrance but wouldn't actually have any excuse to do so.  My heart was hurting for them.

I found some soap that had been left by users of the public baths, I took them to one of the foot baths and told them to scrub themselves clean.  They looked at me suspiciously at first.  They obviously were not used to kindness and were trying to read me.  They slowly decided that I was genuinely trying to help them.

It took a long time to get themselves clean.  It was quite sweet in a way.  They washed their face and hands and stood there waiting for me to allow them in the pool.  They were rather shocked when I explained that that wasn't good enough.

I found them swimming costumes and trunks in the lost property box. I had to hang their clothes in baskets well away from the other pool visitors.

When they were eventually clean and smelling sweet, I took them to buy their tickets.  The man in charge was looking at me with daggers!  He couldn't refuse them entry.

They hesitated and I told them they could go in now.  They rushed in and then they rushed back, mumbled thank you and smiled, and then rushed back.

Those smiles were my reward.  It took me a long time to clean up the foot bath, but I didn't mind.  There were some happy children in the pool, who had experienced just a little gesture of kindness. I didn't mind the grumbles and black looks I received from the man in charge either.

They came back the next day and gave me a wild flower they had picked on their way.  They also brought a horse with them, but that is another story!!!

One of the lifeguards gave me a box of chocolates the next day.  He looked very embarrassed while he mumbled and stuttered that he thought it was great what I'd done.

I hadn't really done a great deal, when you think about it.  It was just a simple gesture, but it had an effect.  It only needs those simple gestures to make a difference, as you say.

Thank you for the wolves and the quote too.  You are so kind.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!