Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
What Would You Do If Money Were No Object?
2/11/2008 11:03:59 PM
Let's have a little fun! This should be an energy-raising exercise. Last year I decided to do a few of the exercises from "Ask & It Is Given" by Esther and Jerry Hicks. In one of them, I was instructed to make a virtual checkbook. I was to make a virtual deposit, and then write virtual checks to spend all I had deposited. Next day, I was to double the deposit and again spend it all. It was great fun, but as you can imagine, by doubling the money each day it didn't take long before it was hard to find something I still wanted that cost that much. Even though I was first 'spending' 10% on pet charities, it got overwhelming. I found myself laughing out loud each day as my spending got more and more outrageous. Interestingly enough, during the time I was doing this exercise, real money was pouring in from some very unexpected places. Coincidence? Maybe. The other day I came across my virtual checkbook and skimmed over some of my virtual purchases. It was amazing how many of the early, not-so-outrageous ones have become manifest. And I found my spirits lifted just reading it. I think I'll take it up again, just for fun. Some of my fun 'purchases': an anniversary cruise, new furniture, cars, and a couple of rental properties. What would you buy for fun if your income suddenly started to double every day? And if you are a serious type who would forego the fun and first take care of practical matters, what would they be? Cheri
+0
Re: What Would You Do If Money Were No Object?
2/12/2008 11:13:44 AM
Hi Cheri,

This sounds like fun. Of course, I am a practical person so the first things would be to replace all the old things we own. Car, truck, appliances. I would need a reliable new vehicle to travel to the places I want to go and see. Scenic areas around PA this summer would be fun. My husband and I both love the outdoors and I was just reading a magazine about PA the other day that sparked my desire to travel. But I also want to travel to some other states and take in the gourd shows and meet some of the famous gourd crafters. We would also visit all the different public gardens and arboretums around the country. We also have relatives spaced out around the U.S to go visit.

I would have to have my own landscape crew to help maintain my own personal arboretum since I can't work as hard as I once could. All that lifting and digging has taken a toll on my back. My own personal massage therapist would be wonderful.

House work is a chore, so a cleaning lady would be needed and a cook would be nice too.

I would be able to give more to my favorite charities and add many more as the money came rolling in.

All simple ideas from a simple person. I'm not much for extravagance.

Martha
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2008 11:53:46 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2008 12:57:10 PM

Hi Cheri,

First I'd pay off the house and the car, and the credit cards.  Then I don't know!   I'd probably buy an extra house to live in a warmer climate in winter and keep my house here in Michigan for summers.  Actually I HAVE thought about it, I'd have an exact replica of my house built in a warm climate, but it would be more modern, this one has plumbing and electrical problems because it was built around 1900 and all the modern stuff was put in around 1950, so it's not exactly correct.  I love my house BUT I want it completely redone for perfection in a warmer place.  Can you tell it's cold here?  LOL!  School was closed because of coldness yesterday, not because of snow, just coldness, the temperature was around 4 degrees for the entire weekend and Monday, that was the high, then the windchill was minus who knows what!

If I had no money problems, a warmer climate for half the year would definitely be near the top of the list, BUT west Michigan is great in summer!

+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/12/2008 2:43:15 PM

Hi Cheri,

If money was no object I would get all of my family out of South Africa!  My hubby and I would build many cottages on one huge piece of land in a warm climate - like Uruguay - on the beach of course to house everyone.

We would be self-sufficient, growing veggies and fruit, and wow, I'd love to have some cows,
ducks, chicks, a rooster or three, geese naturally, definitely horses, oh and a Road Runner!

I would pay my family debt off, have a body transplant with special emphasis on the face.  Yee-ha, this IS fun.

Dreams do come alive.......

Jen

Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!