Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Prescriptions continued. The other world.
2/8/2008 9:12:13 AM
    Hello everybody
Now I am here again.Yesterday I was in town all day, in Gothenburg, visiting my sweet daughter and the "bone compact measure"-doctor who said my bones are like a 25 year old one's. Something to be thankful for.

In some of my letters  or articles I wish to show you that not only is God answering us through our prayers, Himself providing them in abundance, furthermore giving us advice, new laws, re-establishing the ageold convenant through His Messenger Bahaullah but also demands us to follow His prescriptions, for our own benefit.That you may know  what is required of the followers of the Bahai Faith  and that this is verily the true religion of God. Without such demandments the religion is lacking something essential, .
Here is my third letter concerning conduct on the Theme KINDLINESS

Compassion
To look after the sick is one of the greatest duties! Every soul who becomes sick, the other friends should certainly offer the life (of service) in the utmost kindness.
We should all visit the sick. When they are in sorrow and suffering it is a real help and benefit to have a friend come. Happiness is that great healer to those who are ill. In the east it is the custom to call upon the patient often and meet him individually. The people in the east show the utmost kindness and compassion to the sick and suffering. This has greater effect than the remedy itself. You must always have this thought of love and affection when you visit the ailing and afflicted.
                                                                     Abdu'l-Baha

Courtesy
We, verily have chosen courtesy, and made it the true mark of such as are nigh unto Him. Courtesy is , in truth, a raiment which fitteth all men, whether young or old. Well is it with him that adorneth his temple therewith, and woe unto him who is deprived of this great bounty.
O, people of God! I exhort you to courtesy. Courtesy is, in the primary station, the Lord of all virtues. Blessed is  he who is illumined with the light of courtesy, and is adorned with the mantle of uprightness! He who is endowed with courtesy is endowed with a great station.
                                                                                  Bahaullah
Defence of the Cause
It is incumbent upon all men, each according to his ability to refute the arguments of those that have attacked the Faith of God.If any man were to arise to defend, in His writings, the Cause of God against its assailants, such a man, however inconsiderable his share, shall be so honoured in the world to come that the Concourse on High would envy his glory. No pen can depict the loftiness of his station, neither can any tongue describe its splendour. For whosoever standeth firm and steadfast in this holy, this glorious, and exalted Revelation, such power shall be given him as to enable him to face and withstand all that is in heaven and on earth.
                                                                                 Bahaullah

Detraction
O SON OF MAN! Breathe not the sins of others so long as thou art thyself a sinner. Shouldst thou transgress this command, accursed wouldst thou be.
The tongue I have designed for the mention of Me, defile it not with detraction. If the fire of self overcome you, remember your own faults and not the faults of My creatures, inasmuch as every one of you knoweth his own self better than he knoweth others.

O Companion of My throne! Hear no evil, and see no evil;abase not thyself, neither sigh or weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayset not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnyfy not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed.
                                                                                       Bahaullah
Beware lest ye offend the feelings of anyone, or sadden the heart of any person, or move the tongue in reproach of, and finding fault with anybody...Beware, beware that anyone rebuke or reproach a soul, though he may be an ill-wisher and an ill-doer.
                                                                                     Abdul'-Baha
Disputation
They that dispute, as prompted by their own desires, are indeed wrapped in a palpable veil.

We are rewarded with spiritual health and strength when we follow these prescriptions of God or try again and again to follow them.
That way we get prepared to live in the next world. If we do not , we will be spiritually handicapped above there.
We never can be fully prepared, because we are faulty until we die, but a perfect man/woman here is the one who always try to better him/herself and thus he/she will be well prepared to live in the worlds beyond.
Now, shall we talk about that other world, the one "above" or beyond, the spiritual world and its connection with ours, the earthly?
The unity of the two worlds is told about in "Bahaullah and the new Era".on page 211.
The unity of humanity as taught by Bahaullah refers not only to men still in the flesh, but to all human beings, whether embodied or disembodied. Not only all men living on the earth, but all in the spiritual worlds as well, are parts of one and the same organism and these two parts are intimitely dependent, one on the other. Spiritual communion one with the other, far from being impossible or unnatural, is constant and inevitable. Those whose spiritual faculties are as yet undeveloped are unconscious of their vital connection, but as one's faculties develop, communications with those beyond the veil gradually become more conscious and definite. To the Prophets and saints this spiritual communion is as familiar and real as are ordinary vision and communication to the rest of mankind.
Abdu'l-Baha says;-
"The visions of the Prophets are not dreams; no, they are spiritual discoveries and have reality. They say; "I saw a person in a certain form, and I said such a thing, and  he gave such an answer." This vision is in the world of wakefulness, and not in that of sleep. Nay, it is a spiritual discovery...
Among spiritual souls there are spiritual understandings, discoveries, a communion which is purified from imagination and fancy, an association which is sanctified from time and space.So it is written in the Gospel that on Mount Tabor, Moses and Elias came to Christ, and it is evident that this was not a material meeting. It was a spiritual condition...
(Communications) such as these are real, and produce wonderful effects in the minds and thoughts of men, and cause their hearts to be attracted..."
While admitting the reality of "supernormal" psychic faculties He deprecates attempts to force their developments prematurely. These faculties will unfold naturally when the right time comes, if we only follow the path of spiritual progress which the Prophets have traced for us- . Again Abdu'l-Baha says
"To tamper with psychic forces while in this world interferes with the condition of the soul in the world to come. These forces are real, but, normally are not active on this plane. The child in the womb has its eyes, ears, hands, feet, etc, but they are not in activity. The whole purpose in life in the material world is the coming forth into the world of Reality, where those forces will become active. They belong to that world

Intercourse with spirits of the departed ought not to be sought for its own sake, nor in order to gratify idle curiosity. It is both a priviledge and duty, however, for those on one side of the veil to love and help and pray for those on the other. Prayers for the dead are enjoined on Bahais.
"The grace of effective intercession is one of the perfections belonging to advanced souls, as well as to the Manifestations of God. Jesus Christ had the power of interceding for the forgiveness of His enemies when on earth, and He certainly has this power now....Followers of the prophets have also this power of praying for the forgiveness of souls. Therefore we may not think that any souls are condemned to a stationary of suffering or loss arising from the absolute ignorance of God. The power of effective intercession fror them always exists.
"The rich in the other world can help the poor, as the rich can help the poor here. In every world all are the creature of God. They are always dependent of Him. They are not independent and can never be so.. While they are needful if God, the more they supplicate, the richer they become.. What is their merchandise, their wealth? In the other world what is help and assistance? It is intercession. Undeveloped souls must gain progress at first through the supplications of the spiritually rich; afterwards they can progress through their own supplications:"
"Those who have ascended have different attributes from those who are still on earth, yet, there is no real separation.
"In prayer there is a mingling of station, a mingling of condition. Pray for them, as they pray for you.!" Abdu'l-Baha

I will tell you more next time
You may know more also if you get hold of "Bahaullah and the New Era" and read yourself.
Well I have to prepare to attend a cheramic course tonight. So bye for now
Greetings from
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Prescriptions continued. The other world.
2/12/2008 11:52:05 AM
    Hi Nick
Thank you so much, What a wonderful person you are. I appreciate your surprising contributions always.Thanks a lot.
You make me happy and less tired.
I suppose you can pronounce Göteborg now. I live about forty kilometres north of it. On the countryside. I would never like to live in a big town or city. I must feel the grass against my bare feet. My cat must have grass so as to be able to "cast up"
I have made a pause for a few days, but I soon be here again with some more stuff.

Bye for now
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!