Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: February
2/12/2008 9:28:44 AM
Hello Ana Maria,

Sorry I never visited your wonderful forums before.

I wonder how you and my other friends here find the time to make so great things with your forums. I enjoyed reading your posts and all these informations for habbits in Romania (some are similar to Greece's), the towns, the spa. And great photos too.

Thank you for sharing all these informations.

Love and hugs,

Dimitra

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2008 11:28:25 AM
My dearest friend Dimitra :-)

You are so cute! In fact I don't have too much time and this is why it took me more than half year to re-open this Forum. Have you seen when I did started these?! :-D LOOONG, long time ago! I could even say: <<once upon a time....>> LOL

As I've been Blessed with some time one of these days, I took the opportunity to do FEBRUARY! Now, as I've already made March.... until September I guess? I have some time to prepare DECEMBER which is a difficult month due to the many traditions of the period!

Thank you so very much for your visit and kind words. Almost everything you can see over here is my more than a year work with .... ago!

Its no wonder we have some similar traditions due to our religion and common history, from now and than!

Wish you a wonderful week

Anamaria
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2009 11:20:43 AM
WOW! so happy to see You back with us AnaMaria...
Thank you so much for sharing all of this amazing info regarding your traditions and culture... so interesting!

With Lots of Friendship,
HUGGSS
Alain

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2009 11:35:44 AM

Hello Alain and Everyone,

I’m in a rush but hope to have the time to post this for you?! … so this won't be my most beautiful post but I'll be back! :-)

Today, 24th of February, we – ROMANIANS – are celebrating LOVE – Rmanian way Valentine’s Day = DRAGOBETE

Today is the day of love in its most pure and intense way. It should be a day of Spring spring (LOL), when NATURE is stretching its arms and feet to return to life (not the -5 degrees Celsius that are here where I live and almost all over the country – Birds should spread joy and the tiny and fragile snowdrops should be all over the places delighting our senses – well one can see some here and there, a few of the most courageous ones!

Today is the day of  DRAGOBETE, also called Navalnicul (THE TEMPESTUOUS) or BIRDS’ FIANCE, a „piece” of handsome and mighty lad, which brings love in the homes and souls. According to the legend, DRAGOBETE - a mythological character, similar to Eros at the ancient Greeks, and to Cupid, for the Romans - at the beginning of each Spring, officiates in the sky all animals wedding; the tradition has gradually extended among people and gave birth to some specific habits of Romanians from the south and north The Danube.

Unfortunately, they tend to be more and more forgotten by the Romans and replaced by St Valentine's Day. In the countryside, these ancient traditions, ancient rituals coming from the tracs are still alive. The Romanians here still remember and keep in their mind the tradition when girls and boys, on The DRAGOBETE’S DAY dressed in nice clothes and with much joy and happiness went into the forest to collect snowdrops, Lady’s Delight, and other season’s flowers, which they put on icons and then used them in the various magics of love. A about lunch time, the girls start run back to the village, and each run attracting after itself a boy; not some, but the one who loved them. If they were able to catch their chosen one, they stole a kiss which everyone could see, thus this kiss being the pledge symbolizing their love for the entire year. Here is coming from the the famous saying "DRAGOBETE KISSES THE GIRLS!" very much loved by the eager girls that wore in their souls the hope of receiving as many kisses, thus being promised to bring them wholly love in the future. According to another tradition the girls had to gather unmelted snow, rain water or spring water, which is supposed like having magical effect upon them when used; thus for example washing their face with this water they became more beautiful and more loving.

The lads gathered in gangs, or the lots of girls, used, on Dragobete’s day, used to become cross brothers and sisters. Tradition says that on this day, when the Christian church celebrates Querying of St. John’s Head, people stop any other work aside, cleaning up their houses, to properly welcome The God of Love who is always accompanied by Love Fairies, whispering sweet words into the lovers ears.
Each Young girl and boy  are doing their best to assure on this day to catch a pair, else it is considered to be a bad sign, foreseeing loneliness for the entire year, until the next Dragobete’s Day.

A very good opportunity of joy and well-being, DRAGOBETE represents one of the most beautiful ancient customs of the Romanian people Do not forget that in ROMANIA, LOVE is at home - her home :-)

With lots of friendship,

Anamaria

the running one!

+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2009 12:02:12 PM

Anamaria,

HAPPY DRAGOBETE's DAY!

May you be filled with the Love of friends, family and the Lord.

Wonderful Forum of info Anamaria, I prefer to learn from friends than from books. There's a passion that books cannot convey to us as our friends do.

Oh, and I'm snitching some graphics from this thread - LOL

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless

Glimpse

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!